What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Its still 2-1 for Turkey. :)
good for turkey , killing a soviet syrian chopper ...

syrian AF is currently stretched up or else , they would probably end your airforce with a couple of runs and thats it ;)

what a fcked up move. shia killing sunni written all over it.
this will increase the wedge between sunni and shia.
what could iran airstrikes with his stone age tech have accomplished which is not being accomplished by US coalition airstrikes.
brace for more baby :D

incoming ......

syrian AF is currently stretched up or else , they would probably end your airforce with a couple of runs and thats it ;)
That Syria could down a Turkish plane was just a moments of, lets say, incautiousness, otherwise Syrian Airforce is no match against Turkey, not in Hardware term or training, how would Syria end Turkish Airforce explain pls?

I thought you are going to become a doctor, how about a little bit critical thinking Haman jan? :)

Last edited:

incoming ......

:lol::lol::lol::lol: if turkey wanted to invade syria you wouldnt last few hours let alone a day.

I thought you are going to become a doctor, how about a little bit critical thinking Haman jan?
some points mate:

the word "jan" in persian means " as dear as my life" so when i for example call my friend rahi : "rahi jan" means that he is extremely dear to me . i am pretty sure thats not what u mean :lol:

also :

incautiousness
as the incautious as the "sa'ar" crew of zionist entity when hezbollah sunk their boat ? :(

how can they be incautious ? u mean their radars were turned off ? :O

, not in Harware term or training
pretty sure that in case of a war , AD systems and missile systems get involved won't they ? :(

just a couple of pinpoint BMs on your airfields and kaboom .....

Tell this to your compatriot whos making silly statements here, not promoting anything, just stating facts.
i'm also stating facts . you're not 2-1 ...... you cannot compare the value of a fighter jet to a chopper :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: if turkey wanted to invade syria you wouldnt last few hours let alone a day.

don't get into grown up discussion .

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should Turkey use half a century old fighters to attack Iraq while she has F-16s which are suitable for such cases? Do you have any brain?

There are several reasons:

First as the saying goes, a machine is only as capable as its operator. Can Turkish pilots stand up for the job? Or will they be beaten up on their streets as has been recently reported that Turkish F-16 pilots are being beaten up on the streets of Turkey by Arab diplomats (for example one Turkish F-16 pilot who is actually the Son-in -law of Turkish Chief of Airforce was reported to have his nose broken by a Kuwaiti diplomat on a Turkish street in front of his wife, therefore losing his flying status).

Secondly an F-4 despite its age, can carry much bigger a bomb load than an F-16. For a ground run mission, bomb load is more important than aerial maneuverability in ground missions.

Thirdly, F-16 is a single engine aircraft. A mechanical failure above enemy territory will cause a huge embarrassment for mission planners as they lose an aircraft and will have to deal now with a captured pilot. F-4 has two engines and therefore, there is less of such a probability.

Fourth, you have to achieve your strategic goals using the tools available. F-16 is not available to Iran, but Iran has been able to achieve its strategic goals by using F-4's. Has Turkey been able to achieve its strategic goals using its F-16's? The answer is clear.

There are several reasons:

First as the saying goes, a machine is only as capable as its operator. Can Turkish pilots stand up for the job? Or will they be beaten up on their streets as has been recently reported that Turkish F-16 pilots are being beaten up on the streets of Turkey by Arab diplomats (for example one Turkish F-16 pilot who is actually the Son-in -law of Turkish Chief of Airforce was reported to have his nose broken by a Kuwaiti diplomat on a Turkish street in front of his wife, therefore losing his flying status).

Secondly an F-4 despite its age, can carry much bigger a bomb load than an F-16. For a ground run mission, bomb load is more important than aerial maneuverability in ground missions.

Thirdly, F-16 is a single engine aircraft. A mechanical failure above enemy territory will cause a huge embarrassment for mission planners as they lose an aircraft and will have to deal now with a captured pilot. F-4 has two engines and therefore, there is less of such a probability.

Fourth, you have to achieve your strategic goals using the tools available. F-16 is not available to Iran, but Iran has been able to achieve its strategic goals by using F-4's. Has Turkey been able to achieve its strategic goals using its F-16's? The answer is clear.
welcome aboard dadashi :)

i'm also stating facts . you're not 2-1 ...... you cannot compare the value of a fighter jet to a chopper :)

get yourself some food mate , and literally :

don't get into grown up discussion .

The aircraft Turkey lost was a high value strategic one, an RF-4E. A dedicated recon and electronic warfare aircraft. Choppers and fighters can not be compared to such a loss.

welcome aboard dadashi :)

Thank you.

some points mate:

the word "jan" in persian means " as dear as my life" so when i for example call my friend rahi : "rahi jan" means that he is extremely dear to me . i am pretty sure thats not what u mean :lol:
We have the same word with same meaning in Turkish haman jan. :)

also :

as the incautious as the "sa'ar" crew of zionist entity when hezbollah sunk their boat ? :(

how can they be incautious ? u mean their radars were turned off ? :O
We didnt thought that Syrians would shoot down without warning and thats why we did the same from that point with their Aircrafts.
The missiles came from Russian base on Mediterranian coast, but thats another story too.

pretty sure that in case of a war , AD systems and missile systems get involved won't they ? :(

just a couple of pinpoint BMs on your airfields and kaboom .....
Yeah like this was just for decoration. :D

NATO missile defence system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

C'mon man give it up are you really saying that Syria would stand a chance against Turkey in any war scenario? :lol:

We have the same word with same meaning in Turkish haman jan. :)

We didnt thought that Syrians would shoot down without warning and thats why we did the same from that point with their Aircrafts.
The missiles came from Russian base on Mediterranian coast, but thats another story too.

Yeah like this was just for decoration. :D

C'mon man give it up are you really saying that Syria would stand a chance against Turkey in any war scenario? :lol:

Though your post is not directed to me, but I would like to reply to it.

You openly subvert a foreign country and openly call for the dissolution of its state and then send in a spy plane and you expect they don't shoot down the aircraft? I guess this only happens in Turkish logic.

The missile came from Russia in the form of Pantsyr-1 system that Syria had bought from Russia. The Turkish aircraft had come from US which Turkey had got as part of NATO aid during the cold war.

Yes, do hide behind the NATO while you throw stones at your neighbors. That is so manly of you. By the way if Turkey is so strong then why didn't you just jump in to remove Assad? Oh, I see. NATO over ruled you. Can you do anything without the permission of NATO? Anything at all?

We have the same word with same meaning in Turkish haman jan
Thanks xenon jan , i appreciate that :)

its not important what you thought , were the radars on or off ?

thats what matters :) if u make the bold claim that they were turned off , its another story .

but if they were on , its a FAIL no matter what :)

i guess someone should pay for disrespecting others borders , not ?

donno about that , and i think thats a ridiculous claim , but even if its true , why did turkey react so emotionally then ?

:D
C'mon man give it up are you really saying that Syria would stand a chance against Turkey in any war scenario?
pretty much dear :)

i think in a normal situation , a 2009 syrian airforce can kick turkey's 2014 airforce in the butt :D

You openly subvert a foreign country and openly call for the dissolution of its state and then send in a spy plane and you expect they don't shoot down the aircraft? I guess this only happens in Turkish logic.
The plane was on a mission over Cyprus and accidentally entered Syrian airspace.

The missile came from Russia in the form of Pantsyr-1 system that Syria had bought from Russia. The Turkish aircraft had come from US which Turkey had got as part of NATO aid during the cold war.
I have no clue why this is relevant.

Yes, do hide behind the NATO while you throw stones at your neighbors. That is so manly of you. By the way if Turkey is so strong then why didn't you just jump in to remove Assad? Oh, I see. NATO over ruled you. Can you do anything without the permission of NATO? Anything at all?
Im not supporting Erdogans policy about Syria but lets talk about facts, Turkey doesnt need NATO at all against Syria and Assads army is no match it barely survives against rag tags with Iranian and Russian support so pls leave this ridiculous talk.
Erdogan surely wants to remove Assad but not at this cost, another point is that people in Turkey would heavily oppose a war.
I would also like to remind you that Turkey already threatened Syria with war in 90s Where Hafez Assad in return send Apo out of country.

Cyprus invasion was certainly against NATO interest which Turkey got sanctioned for but there are still 30000 Turkish troops on the island with a de-facto independent state.

pretty much dear :)

i think in a normal situation , a 2009 syrian airforce can kick turkey's 2014 airforce in the butt :D
I will leave the rest unanswered since this sentence alone shows how much sense it makes to have a discussion with you.

Just for the record, there are only three Airforces which can be counted as powerful in ME, you know which one no need to explain it.

Take care Haman Jan. :)

Back
Top Bottom