What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I may have to give an apology to @mohsen if true :omghaha:

It appears that Qaher-313 is alive and would be turned into a UCAV (which is something many users were talking about here before).

FpRqwp8akAAKjYQ

I may have to give an apology to @mohsen if true :omghaha:

It appears that Qaher-313 is alive and would be turned into a UCAV (which is something many users were talking about here before).

FpRqwp8akAAKjYQ

The new design will probably look similar in many ways with Turkey’s own unmanned fighter jet.

View attachment 917008

I doubt Iran keeps F-313 original air intakes and Bird of prey wingtip design. Those were glaring flaws in the proof of concept design.

Head of the Defense Industries Organization:

We adapted the versions of this plane to the needs of two forces and made changes in the plane according to their needs

Qaher project will emerge as an unmanned aircraft(uav)

Versions of this plane will be unveiled in the middle of next year.

The new design will probably look similar in many ways with Turkey’s own unmanned fighter jet.

View attachment 917008

I doubt Iran keeps F-313 original air intakes and Bird of prey wingtip design. Those were glaring flaws in the proof of concept design.
I don't know much about aircraft design personally, but based on your post I'm guessing the design is flawed regardless of manned or unmanned. Do you think they will still have the slanted down wings?

Was hoping they'd come up with something of an advanced, turbofan based Karrar for the UAV carrier ship, and I think they've got it.

We adapted the versions of this plane to the needs of two forces and made changes in the plane according to their needs
Well there you have it, it could like quite different from the original design showed

@sahureka2

Could be a interesting idea if they created a version of this jet to land & take off from the UAV ship. I presume range would be limited by communication range.

Do you think they will still have the slanted down wings?

There is a reason why no major fighter jet or UAV has their wing tips slanted down. And not because Iran managed to find the “holy grail” of aircraft design

That and the tiny intakes cause stalling issues and maneuverability issues when climbing or maneuvering.

Was hoping they'd come up with something of an advanced, turbofan based Karrar for the UAV carrier ship, and I think they've got it.

It depends if by “two forces” they ment IRIN and IRIAF or IRIAF & IRGC-AF

Well there you have it, it could like quite different from the original design showed.

Remember that RC version of Sofreh Mahi that crashed in Tehran a few years back and caught fire? We never got an answer about that.

Soo........ twin owJ engines?

Or secret new turbofan, not shown yet🤔🤔

Unless Russia agreed to supply engines it likely uses J-79 which should be decent enough for unmanned UAV jet fighter.

Would likely need to use Russian Sat coms for communications. Or else it’s range will be very limited or restricted to auto pilot.

So Iran went thru the trouble of building a mock up of a plane it doesn’t have so it can determine if it fits thru a door and tunnel? What did IRIAF lack tape measures and a measurement system?

Maybe they should also build a F-22 clone or J-20 in case they need to know how wider jets fit thru the tunnel.

:coffee:
Seems sketchy... something doesn't add up does it.

So Iran went thru the trouble of building a mock up of a plane it doesn’t have so it can determine if it fits thru a door and tunnel? What did IRIAF lack tape measures and a measurement system?

Maybe they should also build a F-22 clone or J-20 in case they need to know how wider jets fit thru the tunnel.

:coffee:

I’d take it one step further.

Why even have a mock-up that is painted in the first place when all you would ever need for reference is simple dimensions of the aircraft…

Why even have a mock-up that is painted in the first place when all you would ever need for reference is simple dimensions of the aircraft…
Looks awfully real for a simple mock-up…

Looks awfully real for a simple mock-up…

I disagree simulation with a tape measure is enough. However, a CAD based simulation might have been sufficient.

Separately, how has this been determined as a ‘mock-up’ in the first place? For me the first reference to a mock-up I read was via the Meshkat channel.

Back
Top Bottom