What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

SU-35 should only be a stop gap. Days of producing many SU-35 would have been 10-15 years ago.

If Iran wants a production deal it should consider joint financing of the SU-75 aka checkmate. Which is basically a stealthy F-16. The SU-75 is more “future proof”. In 10 years even a heavily upgraded SU-35 will show its age against a 6th Gen fighter.

View attachment 916573
Even if they could, they wont sell it. Maybe in 10 years.

$400 per month is $5000 dollars per year salary of an Engineer in Iran.
He pays 5 cents for gas if he has a car (has modern mass transit in his cities) ..0.001 cent per kilowatt of electricity, 0.0001 cents for his natural gas..free education..almost free Health care...30 cents for a dish of Kebob and rice ..and he gets to criticize his country on a daily basis ...not a bad life if you ask me..:undecided:

His only legitimate complaint would be that he pays too much for his rent...well suck it buttercup...at least if they pour toxic chemical on your town someone will come to help you..

$100 billion for Ukraine. Nothing for Ohio.
how much we should pay for CAR , ELECTRONIC DEVICE S, FOODS , HOMES ? the answer is "even more than eu citizens" ...

The price of cheap 40-50 meter 20 years old apartment block without elevator and parking in Tehran are more than 50,000 $ .... the said engineered should save 90% of his salary for more than 70 years to be able to buy an old apartment in bad neighborhoods .... that why marriage statistics is in free fall in Iran and specially in big cities ...

just give up this foul price nonsense ( it would work till last year that we didn't pay for food price in $ , but doesn't work anymore ) .... I rather to pay in fuel price in $ but have modern car and get my salary in $

maybe your love for ISI is great , or maybe supporting them in this sites are you jobs , but I'm a free man ...

Eagle 44 base,seems new fighter
20230217_204416.jpg
20230217_204410.jpg

It’s a flanker likely SU-30/35. But hard to tell from pics.

Sukhoi-SU-35-Wallpaper.jpg

why they didn't change the painting ? to send a message ?

Could be a training/demonstration plane or being used to test out the facility from an engineering and logistics standpoint. Or it simply hasn’t gotten repainted.

It isn’t crazy for Russia to give Iran a few planes on loan to test drive while the bulk of pilots get trained in Russia.

I literally predicted Iran would put its best interceptors into mountain bases within last 2 years.

I also think that it is a SU 35 or SU 30. Probably a Su 35 because of the Iranian-Russian deal.
At the beginning I did not exclude that it could be a MiG 29 because I just could not believe it. From above the planes look quite identical. But then I noticed that the geometric dimensions of a MiG 29 should be smaller than the adjacent F-4 Phantom or similar in size. But this plane is much bigger.
1676670951007.png

I think it is a Su 35 because the Su 30 has additional control surfaces under the cockpit.

1676669389258.png

Su 30 with extra control surfaces

1676669433061.png

Su 35 without extra control surfaces.

Size Comparision:

1676670556610.png

Last edited:
I also think that it is a SU 35 or SU 30. Probably a Su 35 because of the Iranian-Russian deal.
At the beginning I did not exclude that it could be a MiG 29 because I just could not believe it. From above the planes look quite identical. But then I noticed that the geometric dimensions of a MiG 29 should be smaller than the adjacent F-4 Phantom or similar in size. But this plane is much bigger.
View attachment 916856

I think it is a Su 35 because the Su 30 has additional control surfaces under the cockpit.

View attachment 916847
Su 30 with extra control surfaces

View attachment 916848
Su 35 without extra control surfaces.

Size Comparision:

View attachment 916854

That’s an interesting observation.

There is a slight chance it could be the older SU-27 which lacks the canards as well.

1676671233423.jpeg

The only way SU-27 would make sense is if Iran is securing a local ToT production deal for SU-27 with upgraded mixture of Russian electronics and Iranian based electronics and armaments.

But it is likely a SU-35 however not likely the Egyptian based ones as those had a grey paint schematic

1676671394239.jpeg

It hurts me too..lol ....I look at outside it is 4 feet of snow frigid cold..my propane heater is blasting 0.85 cents a liter propane out of my wallet...and he is complaining..lol
He's not wrong exactly, while things have gotten more expensive here, it is also getting more expensive there but they are under more pressure from sanctions.

That’s an interesting observation.

There is a slight chance it could be the older SU-27 which lacks the canards as well.

View attachment 916857

The only way SU-27 would make sense is if Iran is securing a local ToT production deal for SU-27 with upgraded mixture of Russian electronics and Iranian based electronics and armaments.

But it is likely a SU-35 however not likely the Egyptian based ones as those had a grey paint schematic

View attachment 916858
Some believe that it is simply a mockup for experimenting with the base

True it can be
-a mock up
-a Su 27
-a Su 35

Time will show.
But I have a question:
Any one of you know the number iran will buy? I already know it will maybe 24 pieces but ...... in somewhere hope that Iran will get more than 24 x Su 35. Or at least something like license production or something like that.

Specially 4+ Gen Interceptors would be a massive benefit for Irans Air defence and generally air supriority.

True it can be
-a mock up
-a Su 27
-a Su 35

Time will show.
But I have a question:
Any one of you know the number iran will buy? I already know it will maybe 24 pieces but ...... in somewhere hope that Iran will get more than 24 x Su 35. Or at least something like license production or something like that.

Specially 4+ Gen Interceptors would be a massive benefit for Irans Air defence and generally air supriority.
I've seen around 60 units. with 24 being immediately delivered.

$400 per month is $5000 dollars per year salary of an Engineer in Iran.
He pays 5 cents for gas if he has a car (has modern mass transit in his cities) ..0.001 cent per kilowatt of electricity, 0.0001 cents for his natural gas..free education..almost free Health care...30 cents for a dish of Kebob and rice ..and he gets to criticize his country on a daily basis ...not a bad life if you ask me..:undecided:
when was the last time you were in iran , that dish of kebab alone without rice is 2-5 dollar

These numbers hurt me....*sad looking at my bills*
the number are wrong

well , if you guys really were living in actual iran , you would knew about mass migration and lake of motivation among Iranian engineering and disastrous management by ISI appointed managers ...

How does living in Iran inform a person about actual emigration data? All it conveys in this regard, is anecdotal experience (such as, "in our company 80% of my co-workers have left the country over the past two years"), which amounts by definition to an extremely incomplete type of evaluation and cannot be extrapolated onto the whole society, for that is far more complex and diversified than what a single person may apprehend through subjective experience.

If you want to know how many Iranians are living abroad, then you need to do proper research using official immigration statistics from host countries. Have you?

After extensively studying the topic I can tell you - and prove it to anyone in doubt, that based on available statistics Iran is not the desperate source of migration that everyone's fleeing en masse. Nor is it the hopeless brain-drain affected nation people usually claim or imagine it is. Truth is that the number of Iranians abroad is no more than some 4 million - and that's an absolute maximal figure, obtained by inflating official immigration data (which is generally unwarranted) and by relying on what are most probably vastly exaggerated estimates for host countries for which no data could be found. In fact, anywhere between 2,5 and 3,5 million is more likely.

Now compare this with the number of south Koreans residing abroad. Or Germans, French, Icelanders, Turks. Why is that these countries, most of which are developed and wealthy ones, generate about as much if not far more emigrants than Iran? Maybe it's that the anti-government propaganda Iranians are exposed to is particularly intensive and has achieved to mislead many of them into blowing out of proportion the actual issues Iran is facing, while falsely assuming it's all rosy everywhere else?

Problem is that anti-Iran media have kept peddling false figures about emigration out of Iran while failing to substantiate their claims with evidence. And these figures have then become a commonly held but incorrect belief.

an official salary of an engineer in governmental sector is 10 million tomans which by adding bonus will reach to 16 million tomans in best case ... its equal to 400$ in best case ...

currently we are paying international price for meat , fruits and almost anythings in Iran , for electronic goods and cars we are paying even higher than international price ...

so , just don't give me bullshit ideas about making new fighters with current status of Iran economy and ISI mangements who are appointed base of their supposed royality to the regime and in most cases don't know even basic of the field they are supposed to manage ...

Iran has a host of issues to fix and most Iranians are facing economic pressure. It's incumbent upon the Iranian government to address these challenges. Until here there's no denying. However, the logic of your comment isn't operative. Have you conducted adequate comparative studies to gain some objective understanding of living conditions elsewhere, and of how public affairs are managed outside Iran? Or will you prefer the kind of propagandistic clichés spread by foreign-funded Persian language media as well as by liberal ones at home?

With all due respect I'd tend towards the second hypothesis, because on this very forum plenty of information is accessible about the misfortunes prevailing outside Iran's borders. But you won't take note it would seem. If someone's not interested in acknowledging what's really going on in the rest of the world (and by that, I don't mean what Saudi International claims is going on), their outlook on matters like these is bound to be biased.

When India started sending satellites to space, there was relatively widespread starvation in both rural and urban settings of that country i.e. people literally dying by the thousands because they had nothing to eat.

Moreover if the Islamic Republic was quite as incompetent as you claim, then how did Iran manage to survive this long in the face of the zio-American empire's rabid enmity? Iran has demonstrated her ability to design and produce advanced weapons systems, including fighter jets, and Iran's government has shown to be capable of sound and astute decision making.

New fighter jets are well within Iran's reach, notwithstanding the fact that they do not form a priority in Iran's defence doctrine hence why to date no such project has reached production status.

Last edited:
The price of cheap 40-50 meter 20 years old apartment block without elevator and parking in Tehran are more than 50,000 $ .... the said engineered should save 90% of his salary for more than 70 years to be able to buy an old apartment in bad neighborhoods ....

If nobody can afford them, why are those housing units not empty? Why is the home ownership rate in Iran superior to that of some major EU countries?

Not denying existing hardships but your comparison isn't reflecting the ground realities properly, it's too one-sidedly overblown.

that why marriage statistics is in free fall in Iran and specially in big cities ...

That's not the reason. If it was, marriage statistics in the west according to your logic ought not to have regressed but they did, massively and much more so than in Iran actually. Likewise, if poverty made people refrain from marrying then sub-Saharan nations wouldn't have the highest fertility rates in the world. At the global scale the general historic tendency of the past few centuries has been that the poorer people are, the more they tend to marry and the more offspring they tend to have.

Last edited:
Some believe that it is simply a mockup for experimenting with the base

Can you provide this analysis?

It doesn’t make sense why Iran would make a mock up of a fighter it has never had in its inventory nor will face in combat situations (compared to the F-35 RCS drone during a recent war game).

There is 3rd option. Russia has lent Iran a flanker to test its air defense systems and tweak them against a 4++ Gen fighter.

But based on how many Iranian officials have gone on record, it would be a major embarrassment if this deal doesn’t happen.

If nobody can afford them, why are those real estate units not empty? Why is the home ownership rate in Iran superior to that of EU countries?

Not denying existing difficulties but your comparison isn't reflecting the ground realities properly, it tends to be one-sidedly overblown in various ways.

That's not the reason. If it was, marriage statistics in the west according to your logic ought not to have regressed but they did, massively and much more so than in Iran actually. Likewise, if poverty made people avoid marriage then sub-Saharan African nations wouldn't have some of the highest fertility rates in the world. At the global scale the general historic tendency of the past few centuries has been that the poorer people are, the more they tend to marry and the more offspring they tend to have.

are you living in Iran ?

20 percents of houses are empty in Iran

more than 51 percent of people in Tehran are renting home ...

while government only increase wage by 20 percent in next year , the land owners will increase their requested rent by infliation which mean next year rent for home will have at least 50% increase ...

Can you provide this analysis?

It doesn’t make sense why Iran would make a mock up of a fighter it has never had in its inventory nor will face in combat situations (compared to the F-35 RCS drone during a recent war game).

There is 3rd option. Russia has lent Iran a flanker to test its air defense systems and tweak them against a 4++ Gen fighter.

But based on how many Iranian officials have gone on record, it would be a major embarrassment if this deal doesn’t happen.
who is gonna make them repsonsible for it ? our oppressed news sector ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom