What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

media%2FFeUkyU9XoAARLqf.jpg

When we discussed Fakour 90 guidance,I spent 20 minutes looking for statemant of Air Force commander from ceremony when it is introduced..and could not find,today find it accidently on military.ir

"This missile has a range of 160 km and a speed of Mach 5, and it has an intelligent guidance system, which means that it can continue its operation until it hits the target after being fired independently of the aircraft's radar system.

request: do you have any sources to attach, or is it your personal consideration?
thanks for a possible answer

Just my Personal consideration.

It has been shopped at weapons expos to third party countries - no interest. It has been shopped to IRIAF - no interest. It doesn’t take 10+ years to make a trainer. This project is almost as old as F-5 test bed projects.

The Kowsar project at least gets token orders from IRIAF. I have not yet heard a single batch of orders for this. Now they painted it white instead of prototype green.

I don’t know if it’s funding issue or capability issue. But it doesn’t make sense why a squadron or two of these wouldn’t have been built by now.

Yasin is a technological jewel. It remains to be seen if the designers have made the rear cockpit manage by artificial intelligence. To be continued

Yasin is a technological jewel. It remains to be seen if the designers have made the rear cockpit manage by artificial intelligence. To be continued
the design have no advantage against kowsar but in one aspect and that is of they decide to use it for CAS and even for that , they have to use stronger engine for it to support more weapon and better armor to become something like su-35 and even that niche is dying because of emergent of drones.

the design have no advantage against kowsar but in one aspect and that is of they decide to use it for CAS and even for that , they have to use stronger engine for it to support more weapon and better armor to become something like su-35 and even that niche is dying because of emergent of drones.
You mean Su-25 and not Su-35? I hope that was honest mistake/typo from you and Su-25 has a single pilot thus Yasin would need a change.
Another is Jahesh-700 being upscaled to provide 1500 or 1600 kilogram of thrust while fitting inside same space as Owj turbojet engine.
Then reduce fuel storage enough for new rear landing gear inside body that replaces one that is inside wing of Yasin like F-5 series.
Thus new wing can be made that is stronger and possibly lighter too, maybe even made to carry jet fuel if possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom