What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

But why then did you post a AIM-7 image? This is clearly not an AIM-9 based design. I only quoted you and the image you used above.
Hi Deino,

You must be refering to the AIM-7 image Drmeson posted in response to my question regarding any images of the iranian AIM-7E2 reverse engineered equivalent. Iranian AIM-9 and AIM-7 derivatives are two different things/ subjects.

For a future Iranian 5th generation fighter aircraft design, what should be the optimal design?
1d0036398d7c244a5d2f42b260d6d37e.jpg

Should we go with the diamond-pattern delta wings with a plethora of control surfaces?

pic.jpg

Or is a large blended wing design to gain maximum altitude the best?

(Take it away, @Hack-Hook - floor is yours.)

For a future Iranian 5th generation fighter aircraft design, what should be the optimal design?
View attachment 884444
Should we go with the diamond-pattern delta wings with a plethora of control surfaces?

View attachment 884445

Wait for US to reveal its 6th Gen fighter prototype in next 5 years then try your best to copy it.

5th Gen is already obsolete from a design standpoint, so why copy a dated design from the 1990’s? They want to retire some of the older F-22’s already.

Wait for US to reveal its 6th Gen fighter prototype in next 5 years then try your best to copy it.

5th Gen is already obsolete from a design standpoint, so why copy a dated design from the 1990’s? They want to retire some of the older F-22’s already.
What I heard about the NGAD isn't promising. A bomber sized flying wing aircraft or at least a delta wing which sacrifices agility for range and relegates most of it's prime functions to wingmen UAVs...it's a disaster waiting to happen.

What I heard about the NGAD isn't promising. A bomber sized flying wing aircraft or at least a delta wing which sacrifices agility for range and relegates most of it's prime functions to wingmen UAVs...it's a disaster waiting to happen.
what's the use of agility for it ? it is stealth , and it has agile wingman to the job, for it a good datalink and high quality stealth is more important . its not supposed to do dogfight.

I most disagree with that . what's the difference between 5th gen and 6th gen fighters ?
is it their shape or the stealth quality of materials in them or its more about those wingman and datalink or the weapons , you can take your pick so just copy the shape won't be much.
also 6th gen is supposed to be ready between 30s to 50, I say it will be more in 40s probably late 40s do we must wait till then ?

View attachment 884444

View attachment 884445

if i want to build based on a foreign design i won't go with Su-57 or F-22 or Even J-20 or J-31 or F-35 i choose this one from Northrop
YF-23_top_view.jpg

YF-23 lost to lockheed F-22 because they instead of emphasizing on maneuverability it cared more about Stealth its a lot stealthier than F-22 it even had longer range , it provided the same supercruise speed , what it lacked was trust vectoring and that reduce its maneuverability and at the time 1985 it was still a thing . as every one knew I'm not a fan of supermaneuvrability and believe its being phased out of today warfare as all the kill have become BVR these days
by the way the air craft not only had lower all aspect radar cross section , it even had less infrared signature even if you looked at it directly from the back and achieved that by using technologies Northrop used in b-2
one of the few video of it flying

but as said previously, you cant copy the design and say I built a stealth fighter there are lots and lots of hurdle to pass , so i hope our next airplane approach to stealth won't be like F-22 or YF-23 and be more like Rafale and Grippen after all lifting a huge rock is sign of not throwing it

I most disagree with that . what's the difference between 5th gen and 6th gen fighters ?
is it their shape or the stealth quality of materials in them or its more about those wingman and datalink or the weapons , you can take your pick so just copy the shape won't be much.
also 6th gen is supposed to be ready between 30s to 50, I say it will be more in 40s probably late 40s do we must wait till then ?

1664929892336.jpeg

1664929906713.jpeg

These concept images are from US military giants (ex Lockheed Martin) themselves.

US is in a race against China for 6th Gen fighter. Competition means we will see them much sooner than 2050’s

Chinese concept

CHINA_SIXTH-GEN.jpg

View attachment 884745
View attachment 884746

These concept images are from US military giants (ex Lockheed Martin) themselves.

US is in a race against China for 6th Gen fighter. Competition means we will see them much sooner than 2050’s

Chinese concept

CHINA_SIXTH-GEN.jpg
concept design , god only know what the final design would be
have you seen the concept design of f-22 . it also had delta wing
f117-concept.jpg

f22_1.jpg

f22-evolution2.jpg

F-22+design+evolution.jpg

by the way that chinse concept is the drone part of the project

here is Iran project to satisfy you ;):enjoy:

Iran_Sofreh_Mahi_Stealth_fighter.jpg

as you see if they have continued the project it was more looked like YF-23 than any other airplane around

Last edited:
as you see if they have continued the project it was more looked like YF-23 than any other airplane around

US already built their prototype. It was in the news for fastest time of a fighter to go from concept to prototype aided by 3D printing.

Iran? Please save the jokes. Iran is stuck with F-5 and J-85 engine. Let’s not act like Iran has any serious fighter jet program.

US already built their prototype. It was in the news for fastest time of a fighter to go from concept to prototype aided by 3D printing.

Iran? Please save the jokes. Iran is stuck with F-5 and J-85 engine. Let’s not act like Iran has any serious fighter jet program.
don't knew didn't a drone that looked like Sofreh-Mahi crashed in Isfahan last year ?
and USA still fails to make a viable hyper sonic glide vehicle . the only hyper sonic vessel they made was was Darkstar that a navy test pilot named Captain Pete Mitchell destroyed

all i see here are computer generated photo

Last edited:
don't knew didn't a drone that looked like Sofreh-Mahi crashed in Isfahan last year ?

An RC Toy plane? I have seen better quality out of civilian hobbyists.

and USA still fails to make a viable hyper sonic glide vehicle . the only hyper sonic vessel they made was was Darkstar that a navy test pilot named Captain Pete Mitchell destroyed

US hypersonic glide vehicle program is progressing as needed. Russia has HGVs, what help did it do it in Ukraine?

all i see here are computer generated photo

Because it’s a black project. The “UFOs” above Iranian sites I guess were aliens? Just because they don’t show you certain aircraft don’t mean they aren’t already being tested/existed.

Because it’s a black project. The “UFOs” above Iranian sites I guess were aliens? Just because they don’t show you certain aircraft don’t mean they aren’t already being tested/existed.
There have been reports of UFOs going back to the Roman Empire. Not everything is "AMERIKWA 🇺🇸, CUCK YEAH!"

Back
Top Bottom