What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I noticed SU-35 is single piloted. That is also a problem for Iran. We prefer two piloted Multirole aircrafts. I read somewhere (don't know where) that single pilot airplanes puts a lot of stress on the pilot depending on the mission for sure.

There should be a good reason mission wise, why SU-35 is single piloted aircraft but Iran also wants same technology but two piloted option.

Good point. Beside they can always modify it. Just the AL-41 engines seems much better. But we are used to Mig-29 crappy ones so shouldn't be a problem.
not the su-35 to a super technology, the pilot was he even a hunter component :) good night

not the su-35 to a super technology, the pilot was he even a hunter component :) good night
is this what you meant?
pas le Su-35 à une technologie ultra , le pilote est lui même un composant de chasseur :) bonne nuit

You mean one shouldn't rely on higher technology and the pilot is the driving force and the hunter! or do you mean:
Su-35 has superior technology and it does the job of the pilot!

Shouldn't type French and run away, I had to reverse engineer and I came up with two different tales of what you said :)
goodnight

Last edited:
As with the S-300, if Iran gets the Su-30 it will be a heavily modernised one suited to Iran's needs. I think the reason they are talking about getting the Su-30 and not su-35 and mig-35 (in the short term anyway) is probably because:

a) There is more willingness on the Russian part to give TOT and allow license production for the su-30.
b) The Mig-35 and Su-35 are not yet in proper mass production whereas the Su-30 has been in production for a long time so Iran probably can get it much faster.

Initially, Iran will probably import directly from Russia su-30's and in the longer term, there will be licensed production inside Iran.

Su-30 can greatly modernise Iranian airfore obviously. If Iran can get license production of it inside Iran, it will be good news.

Just my opinion.

As with the S-300, if Iran gets the Su-30 it will be a heavily modernised one suited to Iran's needs. I think the reason they are talking about getting the Su-30 and not su-35 and mig-35 (in the short term anyway) is probably because:

a) There is more willingness on the Russian part to give TOT and allow license production for the su-30.
b) The Mig-35 and Su-35 are not yet in proper mass production whereas the Su-30 has been in production for a long time so Iran probably can get it much faster.

Initially, Iran will probably import directly from Russia su-30's and in the longer term, there will be licensed production inside Iran.

Su-30 can greatly modernise Iranian airfore obviously. If Iran can get license production of it inside Iran, it will be good news.

Just my opinion.
or there is no money. we buy this we buy that!

Hi guys.just heared two mind blowing news....
Farsnews

Tehran and Moscow started talks on the supply of the Russian-made Sukhoi 30 fighter jets to Iran.

Farsnews

Iranian and Russian companies reached an initial agreement to jointly manufacture new helicopters in Iran.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:
Economic does not mean forgetting efficiency. I know if you know but viellisante air force and much more expensive than a new aircraft, iran fai big effort to keep these old aircraft, if IRIAF buy new planes costed much its going cheaper.

I will explain the different su-30 with another component

su-30MKI (India has Israeli component)
su-30MKA (Algerian component has french)
su-30SM (Russian a Russian component)

Algeria will modernize these problablement su-30 to SM format that is equipping of AESA radar, and a friend-foe identification system.

the aircraft will work and it will be stealthy,
India vaudrai modernize the su-30 Brahmos be equipping the missile.

I think iran deverait order, be the su-30SM or be su-35s.

in all cases iran gain in efficiency and technology and especially his will be much more economical.
The su-30mkl have AESA but Su-30sm have PESA radar

Just my opinion.
Well su-30 is all about optimization .not two country got the same su-30 . This deal if true can vary from good to the worst possible.
For example look at the chinese and indian models . The indian one has better radar and is more agile while the chinese can cary more weapon. And it seems its because of limitation in engine that made them to opt something between.
Now I wonder if its possible to install the engine installed in su-35 inside the su-30 they are talking about. It mean alot less maintenance and more power for a more potent radar.

Just my opinion.
I agree with me, but the su-35 in service, it is the transition between the 4th and 5th generation, it has 5th generation component, it is much stronger than the su-30, it could even have a modernisaiton with the engine pakfa and are arming and are radar AESA.

The good side is that the su-30 and known by many countries, India is working with israel, while su-35 no one knows him apart russia and Algeria will surely order su- 35 for the interception

iran Devera control the su-35 su-30SM or, as I said in all cases iran will have an army of modern air and high technology, the combination su-30 / s300 is a real graveyard for any country will finally buried its military options the US and israel

Can we demand Russians to equip the Su-30s with Irbis radars used in Su-35? It's one of the best airborne radars in the world.

I don't see why not. Iran should ask for su-35 engines to be used in the su-30 if it is possible. The plane will be made suited to Iran's requirement so I don't see why it will not be possible.

Just my opinion.
Actually, Buying Su-30 and its license production was another project of Khatami era, which was abandoned later, like S-300, production of Tor in Iran, ...

Can we demand Russians to equip the Su-30s with Irbis radars used in Su-35? It's one of the best airborne radars in the world.

What is the point of buying Su-30 and not Su-35 when you want to change its engine and radar by its counterparts in Su-35? The platform is the same, Su-35, and Su-30 are both upgrades of flanker family. Now you can improve the engine and make it stealth to have PAKFA :lol: Russians may sell Su-35 in limited amounts, but I doubt it if they provide its ToT at all. For Su-30 though, they may accept ToT, and license production.

What is the point of buying Su-30 and not Su-35 when you want to change its engine and radar by its counterparts in Su-35? The platform is the same, Su-35, and Su-30 are both upgrades of flanker family. Now you can improve the engine and make it stealth to have PAKFA :lol: Russians may sell Su-35 in limited amounts, but I doubt it if they provide its ToT at all. For Su-30 though, they may accept ToT, and license production.

Not the engines necessarily, but only the radar.

Also, Su-35 uses advanced Titanium alloy composites that makes its durability almost twice the Su-30, and also increases its range and efficiency.

There is a thread in forum for comparison of two models:

Su-30MKI vs Su-35S

Below are the similarities between Su-30MKI and Su-35S:
12 Hard Points
8000kgs external ordinance
G-limit 9
Same Air-Air and Air-Ground weapons package
Has Thrust Vectoring
Can house external jammers and all varieties of pods.
Has inflight re-fueling
etc.. etc..

Differences:
Su-30MKI-
Maximum internal fuel - 9,640kgs
Max Range(without mid-air refueling) - 3000kms
Max ceiling - 17.3km
Max Speed - Mach 1.9
Canards - Yes
Crew - 2
Max Afterburner Thrust - 12500kgf, Emergency Thrust - 12800kgf
External Fuel Tanks - No
Composites - Not in significant quantity.
Empty Weight - unknown. Estimated to be around 18400kgs.
Airframe life - 3,000hrs or 15 years(at 200 hours flight time each year)
Internal Jammer - No
RCS - unofficial estimate 11.5m2
Airbrake - Yes
Supercruise- No

Su-35S-
Maximum internal fuel - 11,500kgs
Max Range(without mid-air refueling, without external fuel tanks) - 3600kms
Max ceiling - 18km
Max Speed - Mach 2.25
Canards - No (since radar isn't heavy)
Crew - 1
Max Afterburner Thrust - 14500kgf(gives a massive boost to TWR compared to Su-30MKI)
External Fuel Tanks - Yes (can carry 2 drop tanks of 1400kgs fuel in each of them)
Composites - Yes. Extensive use of Titanium Alloys.
Empty Weight - Unknown. Estimated to be around 18800kgs.
Airframe life - 6,000hrs or 30 years(at 200 hours flight time each year)
Internal Jammer - Yes
RCS - unofficial estimate between 1-3m2
Airbrake - No. Powerful modified rudders act as Airbrakes.
Supercruise - Yes

Radar-
This deserves a separate mention. Because this is where the difference is at its max.
Su-30MKI has a N-011M BARS Radar
Transmitter peak power - 5kw
Transmitter average power - 1.2kw
Can Track- 15 Targets
Can Simultaneously Engage - 4 Targets
Max Detection for 5 sqm RCS - 140 km(Upgraded Radar with upgraded transmitter power, if any in service, its range is unknown.)

Su-35S has N-035 IRBIS-E. The most powerful Fighter Plane mounted X Band radar in the world. Specs are as follows.
Transmitter peak power - 20kw
Transmitter average power - 5kw
Can Track - 30 Targets
Can Simultaneously Engage - 8 Targets
Max Detection for 5 sqm RCS - 426 km
Max Detection for 3 sqm RCS - 375 km
Max Detection for 1 sqm RCS - 285 km
Max Detection for 0.01 sqm RCS - 90 km

Not the engines necessarily, but only the radar.

Also, Su-35 uses advanced Titanium alloy composites that makes its durability almost twice the Su-30, and also increases its range and efficiency.

There is a thread in forum for comparison of two models:

Su-30MKI vs Su-35S

Below are the similarities between Su-30MKI and Su-35S:
12 Hard Points
8000kgs external ordinance
G-limit 9
Same Air-Air and Air-Ground weapons package
Has Thrust Vectoring
Can house external jammers and all varieties of pods.
Has inflight re-fueling
etc.. etc..

Differences:
Su-30MKI
-
Maximum internal fuel - 9,640kgs
Max Range(without mid-air refueling) - 3000kms
Max ceiling - 17.3km
Max Speed - Mach 1.9
Canards - Yes
Crew - 2
Max Afterburner Thrust - 12500kgf, Emergency Thrust - 12800kgf
External Fuel Tanks - No
Composites - Not in significant quantity.
Empty Weight - unknown. Estimated to be around 18400kgs.
Airframe life - 3,000hrs or 15 years(at 200 hours flight time each year)
Internal Jammer - No
RCS - unofficial estimate 11.5m2
Airbrake - Yes
Supercruise- No

Su-35S-
Maximum internal fuel - 11,500kgs
Max Range(without mid-air refueling, without external fuel tanks) - 3600kms
Max ceiling - 18km
Max Speed - Mach 2.25
Canards - No (since radar isn't heavy)
Crew - 1
Max Afterburner Thrust - 14500kgf(gives a massive boost to TWR compared to Su-30MKI)
External Fuel Tanks - Yes (can carry 2 drop tanks of 1400kgs fuel in each of them)
Composites - Yes. Extensive use of Titanium Alloys.
Empty Weight - Unknown. Estimated to be around 18800kgs.
Airframe life - 6,000hrs or 30 years(at 200 hours flight time each year)
Internal Jammer - Yes
RCS - unofficial estimate between 1-3m2
Airbrake - No. Powerful modified rudders act as Airbrakes.
Supercruise - Yes

Radar-
This deserves a separate mention. Because this is where the difference is at its max.
Su-30MKI has a N-011M BARS Radar
Transmitter peak power - 5kw

Transmitter average power - 1.2kw
Can Track- 15 Targets
Can Simultaneously Engage - 4 Targets
Max Detection for 5 sqm RCS - 140 km(Upgraded Radar with upgraded transmitter power, if any in service, its range is unknown.)

Su-35S has N-035 IRBIS-E. The most powerful Fighter Plane mounted X Band radar in the world. Specs are as follows.
Transmitter peak power - 20kw

Transmitter average power - 5kw
Can Track - 30 Targets
Can Simultaneously Engage - 8 Targets
Max Detection for 5 sqm RCS - 426 km
Max Detection for 3 sqm RCS - 375 km
Max Detection for 1 sqm RCS - 285 km
Max Detection for 0.01 sqm RCS - 90 km

Dude, I understood your comment and I know the differences of Su-30 and Su-35. My point is that these two planes are defined as two levels of upgrades of the same platform. Russians are willing to sell the lower upgrade with ToT, while they may just sell the higher upgrade. Radar is a very important component of the upgrade. It's like countries which upgrade their F-16s from block 20 to 50+. The upgraded version will be still lacking some features compared to originally made block 50+s, but they will call the upgraded version block 50+ because the crucial parts are updated to block 50+ level. Anyway, everything depends on how baraadaran e dallaal e aslaheh betounan sibil e khodeshoun va rous ha ra charb konand, vali kheyli omidi baraaye ToT nist.

Dude, I understood your comment and I know the differences of Su-30 and Su-35. My point is that these two planes are defined as two levels of upgrades of the same platform. Russians are willing to sell the lower upgrade with ToT, while they may just sell the higher upgrade. Radar is a very important component of the upgrade. It's like countries which upgrade their F-16s from block 20 to 50+. The upgraded version will be still lacking some features compared to originally made block 50+s, but they will call the upgraded version block 50+ because the crucial parts are updated to block 50+ level. Anyway, everything depends on how baraadaran e dallaal e aslaheh betounan sibil e khodeshoun va rous ha ra charb konand, vali kheyli omidi baraaye ToT nist.

If we can get Irbis-E radars from Russians, it would still be very great, even if they don't agree with ToT for the radar.

The best choice is to buy 100-120 Su-30's most advanced upgrades available with ToT and also buy 50-100 Su-35s without ToT (if they agree with it). With the current economic situation of Russians and their stand off with Europe and U.S, they will be more than happy to have a customer buying nearly 200 aircrafts from them, so we should get as much as we can from them.

Back
Top Bottom