What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

well as you mentioned we have to see its performance first but its better be goooood. but if its truly stealth than this will gives it an edge.

I think Iran needs this platform for SEAD and stand off operations to increase yields of its missile destruction.

yes its because of the price of dollar its 13000
bro kowsar is that loaded with new avionics that it's service ceiling and max speed decreased and still it's 7 million dollars. a single fakour missile costs 1.57 billion rial=121,000 dollars. that number does not make sense. bro are you sure that source is reliable??

I think Iran needs this platform for SEAD and stand off operations to increase yields of its missile destruction.

several months ago, Iran opened an material ( explosives ) production plant and they said those new materials will increase the destruction power of our missile warheads 2 to 3 times .

bro kowsar is that loaded with new avionics that it's service ceiling and max speed decreased and still it's 7 million dollars. a single fakour missile costs 1.57 billion rial=121,000 dollars. that number does not make sense. bro are you sure that source is reliable??

im not 100% sure what Iran is showing and Iran is alot in Baghdad these days. well we do not knew about the upgrades and if they made and installed these 5 gen tech on it or maybe changing engines? i mean with these in mind we can not compare that two fighters. but sure i agree the price is high.

This is likely Q-313 given the introduction date and one prototype.

Iran is probably gauging outside interest which is not necessarily a good sign, means the required bodies aren’t willing to extend a full mass production contract. Hence the attempt to get outside interest to push the project forward.

Also disappointing that Q-313 is only 1 prototype still and not 3-5.

Also 45 million for a CAS/advanced trainer/light fighter is absurd. A Yak-130 cost 15 million, a country could have 3 Yaks for every 1 F-313.

The cost is likely due to inability to reach mass production of scale And adequate supply chain and raw material allocation. Either that or Iran is charging a huge mark up.

Iran is probably gauging outside interest which is not necessarily a good sign, means the required bodies aren’t willing to extend a full mass production contract. Hence the attempt to get outside interest to push the project forward.

Also 45 million for a CAS/advanced trainer/light fighter is absurd. A Yak-130 cost 15 million, a country could have 3 Yaks for every 1 F-313.

The cost is likely due to inability to reach mass production of scale And adequate supply chain and raw material allocation. Either that or Iran is charging a huge mark up.

the costs that mentioned seems more realistic to me

several months ago, Iran opened an material ( explosives ) production plant and they said those new materials will increase the destruction power of our missile warheads 2 to 3 times .

im not 100% sure what Iran is showing and Iran is alot in Baghdad these days. well we do not knew about the upgrades and if they made and installed these 5 gen tech on it or maybe changing engines? i mean with these in mind we can not compare that two fighters. but sure i agree the price is high.

Oh by yield I meant # of successful missiles passing through air defenses. A Q-313 would be a great platform to get close Suppress Enemy Air Defenses.

But then again you probably would lose 3-4 Yak-130s in operations designed for a stealth subsonic bomber/CAS like Q-313.. I am talking about suppression of enemy air defenses.

Likely just promotion for the small Borhan project of Shafagh origin. $45 mio. would then certainly not be USD.
Maybe even just fake news.

Oh by yield I meant # of successful missiles passing through air defenses. A Q-313 would be a great platform to get close Suppress Enemy Air Defenses.

But then again you probably would lose 3-4 Yak-130s in operations designed for a stealth subsonic bomber/CAS like Q-313.. I am talking about suppression of enemy air defenses.

:lol: sorry my bad. well they achieved that with khoramshahr missile with its hypersonic speed and after that US install Taad in Israel.

when our defense ministry made Saegeh , they offered it to IRIAF with the price tag of 200 billion toman which on those days , it was equal to 60-70 million dollars !!!

they are just like Iran Khodro and Saipa .... Iranian member knew Irank-Khodro and Saipa and understand what I'm saying ...

Last edited:
Likely just promotion for the small Borhan project of Shafagh origin. $45 mio. would then certainly not be USD.
Maybe even just fake news.

Why would Iran go to an international arms exhibition and quote the price in its own native currency?

That makes zero sense.

actually that price does not make any sense with iraqi dinar either. let's hope it's marketing tactic.

some ppl say Iran publish this poster at the Baghdad exhibition. It looks like some news is coming soon from this fifth generation fighter.

52720537_2277658935891280_6418274110345978000_n.jpg

Type of plane: stealth, Close air support, training

Country of origin: IRAN

Manufacturer: Air Industry Organization

Designed by: Department of Defense

Time of introduction: 2013

Current status: Under Development

How many made: 1 prototype

Price: 45 million dollar

Iranian upgraded cobra in Baghdad exhibition.

53243917_623552188086531_2566218518244456875_n.jpg

$45 Million USD for a light subsonic fighter platform made out of composites, limited high G capability, no slats and speeds no greater than a Learjet?
From what they have shown so far their fighter doesn't have multimillion USD engines nor does it have multi million USD radars hell according to them it doesn't even have a fly by wire system and it's Airframe is sure as hell not made out of large % of high end Ti & Al composites

I'm pretty sure neither IRIAF or the IRGC AF would be stupid enough to pay that much for such a low end platform so either the Aircraft they are referring too is nothing like the one they showed or it's a simple typo and the true number is more like $4.5 Million not $45 Million which would make more sense

1.The two engines if they are domestically produced versions of the OWJ engines shouldn't cost even as much as $500K which should also include a backup engine for each aircraft and that's only if they are the afterburner versions
2. It's Airframe, Hydraulics, landing gear & moving surfaces with a few spares put together shouldn't cost even close to $1 Million USD especially if it's domestically produced.
3. As for it's Electronics, Avionics, Sensor pks, cockpit & pilot gear With no HUD or Helmet mounted display or a multi million USD radar or other electronics that require high G capability at various altitudes would at max cost $2 Million USD combined.
4. At best another $1M per unit for R&D cost & other service charges.

FYI everyone should look up how much Learjet cost these days and companies making Learjet and parts & subsystems for the Learjet make a huge profit on each aircraft & part and even they have more expensive Airframes, engines, electronics & Avionics... than the Q-313 Iran has shown so far
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learjet_70/75

$45 Million USD for a light subsonic fighter platform made out of composites, limited high G capability, no slats and speeds no greater than a Learjet?
From what they have shown so far their fighter doesn't have multimillion USD engines nor does it have multi million USD radars hell according to them it doesn't even have a fly by wire system and it's Airframe is sure as hell not made out of large % of high end Ti & Al composites

I'm pretty sure neither IRIAF or the IRGC AF would be stupid enough to pay that much for such a low end platform so either the Aircraft they are referring too is nothing like the one they showed or it's a simple typo and the true number is more like $4.5 Million not $45 Million which would make more sense

1.The two engines if they are domestically produced versions of the OWJ engines shouldn't cost even as much as $500K which should also include a backup engine for each aircraft and that's only if they are the afterburner versions
2. It's Airframe, Hydraulics, landing gear & moving surfaces with a few spares put together shouldn't cost even close to $1 Million USD especially if it's domestically produced.
3. As for it's Electronics, Avionics, Sensor pks, cockpit & pilot gear With no HUD or Helmet mounted display or a multi million USD radar or other electronics that require high G capability at various altitudes would at max cost $2 Million USD combined.
4. At best another $1M per unit for R&D cost & other service charges.

FYI everyone should look up how much Learjet cost these days and companies making Learjet and parts & subsystems for the Learjet make a huge profit on each aircraft & part and even they have more expensive Airframes, engines, electronics & Avionics... than the Q-313 Iran has shown so far
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learjet_70/75

Or this poster was never in Baghdad exhibit but rather in Iran sometime in the past and that number is not dollars but toman.

For Iran to make a typo on price at international arms exhibition is not only amateur, but borderline incompetent.

Seems unlikely.

Kowsar max speed probably didn't decreased, they just probably tagged max speed on sea level ,F-5 has 1.64 mach speed at high atlitude above 30.000.At low sea level F-5 is also around 1.2 mach... When it comes to aircraft speed there is huge difference between max speed at low and high altitudes. I didn't check this but I don't see reason why F-5 max speed would be higher than Kowsar ,if everything is like they said it is logic Kowsar to be faster or at least at same level.That is why when compare speed we have to look at for what altitude they declare that speed.

Kowsar max speed probably didn't decreased, they just probably tagged max speed on sea level ,F-5 has 1.64 mach speed at high atlitude above 30.000.At low sea level F-5 is also around 1.2 mach... When it comes to aircraft speed there is huge difference between max speed at low and high altitudes. I didn't check this but I don't see reason why F-5 max speed would be higher than Kowsar ,if everything is like they said it is logic Kowsar to be faster or at least at same level.That is why when compare speed we have to look at for what altitude they declare that speed.
there is no reason to state the sea level max speed. i asked about this from a pilot he said if you increase the payload of a plane it's max speed and service ceiling decreases. he said every MFD in kowsar weights almost 10-20 kg consider the two sit configuration and heavy radar... seems right to me. it's like they put a mk-82 in f-5 airframe:partay::partay:
also he said the reason AF concentrated on the basic f-5 design instead of saeqeh is the same weight issue.

Back
Top Bottom