What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

تصویر نمای نزدیک از #بمب_هدایت_شونده_یاسین
برد پرتاب از جنگنده 60 کیلومتر

برد پرتاب از پهپاد جت کرار 20 کیلومتر

View attachment 546350

It's good news that Iran is building Glide capable PGM kits but for the fighter versions at least the design clearly needs an upgrade because the SDB should be designed with the pylons in mind

'

Or else what would be the point of using highly accurate SDB's on a fighter if your not increasing fire power by increasing the number of targets each fighter can hit

But for now at least for the Karrar's it's a nice system to have

Good to see,tho I wish it was also carrying the far more formidable R73 as well.
The thing I do have to wonder about is how old this picture is.We`ve seen a few other pics like this where the airforce did make some attempts to integrate the newer russian weapons with the older us airframes but as to how successful they were.....who knows?,tho something like this is probably a lot easier to pull off integration wise as it is just an ir a2a missile.

Good to see,tho I wish it was also carrying the far more formidable R73 as well.
The thing I do have to wonder about is how old this picture is.We`ve seen a few other pics like this where the airforce did make some attempts to integrate the newer russian weapons with the older us airframes but as to how successful they were.....who knows?,tho something like this is probably a lot easier to pull off integration wise as it is just an ir a2a missile.
this is of an era that our sidewinders became useless so air force tried to use r-60 instead of them. seems like that issue is solved and our AIM-9s are back again.

Iran should be advanced enough in missile technology to develop its own IR guided and radar guided air to air missiles to replace their AIM-9Ps and AIM-7E2s?R-27s.

Iran should be advanced enough in missile technology to develop its own IR guided and radar guided air to air missiles to replace their AIM-9Ps and AIM-7E2s?R-27s.
well we can. we have all the necessary elements we have powerful rocket engines, powerful batteries, we had experiences with thrust vectoring missiles, we made accurate radar seekers, we have designed IRI seekers and recently we introduced our own data link and so on. i really hope AF develop a radar beam riding A2A missile with IRI as terminal guidance for the kowsars.
BTW i think MOD has a plans for A2A missiles like 9th dey missile. i assume it's something like french mica missile which they use both as a air defence and A2A missile. also 9 dey missile has a compact design which makes it possible to put it in a canister or place it in weapon bay.;);)
300px-MICA_P6230072.JPG

vlmica-6.002-640x360.jpg

9دی.jpg

l_358227_103933_updates.jpg

considering that operational range of vl mica compare to A2A version is half, we could assume that air launched version of 9 dey would have 60km range. and with this range it's comparable to israeli derby missile.

some ppl say Iran publish this poster at the Baghdad exhibition. It looks like some news is coming soon from this fifth generation fighter.

52720537_2277658935891280_6418274110345978000_n.jpg

Type of plane: stealth, Close air support, training

Country of origin: IRAN

Manufacturer: Air Industry Organization

Designed by: Department of Defense

Time of introduction: 2013

Current status: Under Development

How many made: 1 prototype

Price: 45 million dollar

Iranian upgraded cobra in Baghdad exhibition.

53243917_623552188086531_2566218518244456875_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's the price for the buyers...

Better be a damn good plane that’s more expensive than an SU-30, F-16, F-18, F-15, SU-27, SU-34 and around the same price as MIG-35.

Why would any buyer choose this plane over planes that have years/decades worth of testing and upgrades?

Unless Iran plans to sell to pariah countries like North Korea, that price is way too high.

Better be a damn good plane that’s more expensive than an SU-30, F-16, F-18, F-15, SU-27, SU-34 and around the same price as MIG-35.

Why would any buyer choose this plane over planes that have years/decades worth of testing and upgrades?

Unless Iran plans to sell to pariah countries like North Korea, that price is way too high.

I think it's just a number... Also it may include services that follow as well...

Realistically, this plane has stealth capability so think of it as a F-117 plus the ability to fly low for longer distances. From my understanding this plane will likely be subsonic.

well as you mentioned we have to see its performance first but its better be goooood. but if its truly stealth than this will gives it an edge.

Back
Top Bottom