What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I truly appreciate this. There is evidence of clear and substantial work that has been done. Progress has been made new systems have been developed and there is a realistic path for it's further development. Albeit, I am disappointed that it took them this long to get here, I wish they had not wasted time on other adventures.

Attachments

• SingleEngineFighter1.jpg
    SingleEngineFighter1.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I truly appreciate this. There is evidence of clear and substantial work that has been done. Progress has been made new systems have been developed and there is a realistic path for it's further development. Albeit, I am disappointed that it took them this long to get here, I wish they had not wasted time on other adventures.

Showing the production line of a viable CAS fighter like this was a good punch in the mouth of those who are still under the delusion that Iran's Kosar is nothing more than a refurbished F-5F

And your right they wasted far too much time and money on so many different CAS fighter/Trainer designs.... If some of those efforts where going towards a bigger Interceptor/Strike platform it would have been fine but it was all towards CAS fighters and at the end of the day they finally came to their senses and chose the most viable platform for an Iranian CAS fighter (better late than never) although if it was up to me I would have made minor design changes to the back part of the stabilizer, Tailoron, back of the Wings & back of the engine exhaust (with little to no disruption to current weight balance and aerodynamics )

Under this project they have addressed The Ejection Seat, Canopy & most of the electronics and Avionics that can in the future be used on transferred to an Iranian interceptor/strike platform

And now the Air Force can better concentrate on a better engine with the assistance of OWJ industries and work with HESA in R&D and design of a larger Air Frame around larger diameter engines.

Although Iran still needs more capable infrastructure for the production of a larger more capable Airframe but current infrastructure should be sufficient for R&D and building a working prototype which will allow them to build those tools and infrastructure as they perfect a design in time(If they choose to continue down that path)

But all and all I am most definitely proud of what they accomplished and I'm sure they've made a lot of patriotic Iranians happy today!

Last edited:
Yavar
Two other project are coming, a semi-heavy single engine and a heavy twin engine.

What are you basing this one? In one of the videos above, the DM was asked about future projects and he only referred to future development of this same platform...which is worrying as I hoped they would be done with this airframe by now and move onto heavier projects.

Yavar
Two other project are coming, a semi-heavy single engine and a heavy twin engine.

As koja medoni???? And using what engine? If true really don't see the need to bother with a single engine fighter at all.... The money would be better spent building 1 twin engine fighter for every 2 single engine fighter you plan on developing.....

What are you basing this one? In one of the videos above, the DM was asked about future projects and he only referred to future development of this same platform...which is worrying as I hoped they would be done with this airframe by now and move onto heavier projects.

When OWJ engine was initially revealed, Iran DM mentioned a few things

*Design of Heavy fighter jet was underway
*Producrion of Heavy turbofan/turbojet engine within 3 years (should be compeleted by now).

IRGC also said in last 2 years they are designing their own CAS.

So there are at least 2 other fighter jet projects (possibly up to 5) in R&D phase.

The raw materials needed and many of the expensive high end tools needed to produce airframes like the F-15 & F-14 are very different than a CAS fighter like this so yea when it comes to production the current infrastructure is only good enough to work on and improve on a CAS fighter in this class and at max something the size of an F-16....

Iran's Heavy fighter jet project is relatively new and is still at it's design phase And since no one will supply Iran with viable engine to be used on an Iranian fighter until we can build a viable engine with sufficient thrust, fuel consumption, airflow and lifespan for a production of a heavier Iranian fighter for the time being we will be stuck on R&D and improving the design of bigger airframe using current engines that are available.

Although in a not so distant future modern fighter jets will be equipped with Laser countermeasures and very soon after the Guns on fighter will be replaced with lasers or some other directed energy weapon and soon after the need for within visible range Air to Air Missiles will completely be removed and optimal cruise altitude of future fighters will likely move to beyond 100,000 ft (+30,000 meters)

Which means Iran needs to plan ahead and start working on building much larger more capable platforms today and they should be working towards a viable engine whos intakes are at least 1.6 meters in diameter or larger that uses a new fuel source that's mainly comprised of either Natural Gas which we have an ample supply of or better yet an engine with high enough thrust inlet temperature that it can handle using Oxygen and Hydrogen refined from sea water as a fuel source on a platform capable of speed of ~Mach 3 or higher with plans to equip it with laser countermeasures with the ability to carry at lest 10 or more BVR Missiles

Since Iran lags behind in Titanium tech to build complete heavy fighter air frames from scratch, how viable would it be for the IRIAF to rebuild "new" F-14s air frames around the existing Titanium components of old F-14s? Since Titanium is the strongest material used in the air frame of aircraft I would imagine that they will have a long life span and it would be possible to build new air frames with lower RCS and modern avionics around existing Titania Parts like the wing box...This may not be a perfect solution but it may be better than building something like the F-313 with its limited air frame, if the idea behind it is feasible.

Next generation of Locally built F-5 series should have following:

1) Powerful turbofan
2) AESA Active e scanned array FCR
3) IRST
4) ECM pods
5) HOTAS with HMD
6) HOBS

This will push this platform into 4+ generation.

[QUOTE = "Ray_Atek, post: 10950860, membro: 184479"] [ATTACH = pieno] 520212 [/ ATTACH] Più fattibile di f-5 planform per CAS [/ QUOTE]

questo ha solo il motore um, quindi prima di costruirlo devi essere sicuro di avere a disposizione un motore con potenza adeguata per avere prestazioni CAS superiori a Kowsar / F5
Oppure fare una variante di questo progetto per installare due motori OWJ, ma alla fine non so se avrà prestazioni più elevate rispetto a Kowsar / F-5 per giustificare la spesa necessaria per essere realizzata.

photoshop
Tzznsuo.jpg

Senza un nuovo motore, se si desidera un aeromobile per le missioni CAS, sarebbe più appropriato utilizzare una versione di Kowsar-88

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Ray_Atek, post: 10950860, membro: 184479"] [ATTACH = pieno] 520212 [/ ATTACH] Più fattibile di f-5 planform per CAS [/ QUOTE]

this only has um engine, so before you build it you must be sure to have available a motor with adequate power in order to have CAS performance higher than the Kowsar / F5
Or make a variant of this project to install two OWJ engines, but in the end I do not know if it will have higher performance than the Kowsar / F-5 to justify the expense needed to be realized.
Without a new engine, if you want an aircraft for CAS missions, it would be more appropriate to use a version of the Kowsar-88
To start this project j79 or rd33 are avalaible from beginning and finally Iranian heavy turbojet will replace them.
Kowsar-88 is better than cobra helicopter but has not self defence option but this model can carry two sidewinder and can carry more payloads with more hardpoints.

Back
Top Bottom