What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Libya is a small country & really how many loyal soldiers did Gaddafi have on his side ? They had outdated weapons, no air defenses, no missiles, etc. Iran's military doctrine is based on defense. Iranian soldiers are well armed with brand new, cutting edge defensive weapons, MANPADS, ATGMs, sniper rifles with armor piercing rounds. Iran's military is well trained & well versed in guerilla & asymmetrical warfare tactics. The Basij alone number in the millions. Invading Iran, especially a ground invasion would be a suicide mission. Iran has a rugged & mountainous terrain which would make it a nightmare for any invaders.

Iran needs a free market economy & a government run by young technocrats.

Iran's foreign policy is the problem. supporting Hezbollah is one thing but supporting Hamas is foolish because during the Iran-Iraq war they supported Saddam, so did the Palestinians. Average Iranians shouldn't suffer for the sake of people that don't give a rats @ss about them.
Which countries you are talking about , the country is 100,000 square km larger than Iran
Libyan Army was completely loyal to Qaddafi , and who says Iran conscript and regulars are equipped with modern weapons ?
our conscripts training is so shitty that they can't hit targets as big as Bus Wheel from 50m away , and they don't knew whats is Ammo economy , they'll just ran out of Ammo in first 3 second of any clash .
I bet 90% of bases in hand of basij never cleaned and oiled their guns in last two month (I clearly recall in Sistan and Baluchistan in one visit to one of theses bases our commander wanted to operate a DShKM and it jammed , he dismantle it and removed about 1kg of sand from inside it and then showed us how the lack of maintenance destroyed the Gun) you think how many percent of our conscript knew how to operate a mortar or even RPG correctly if the need arises ?

and no Iran army is not well trained only some branches of Iran Army are well trained .

Which countries you are talking about , the country is 100,000 square km larger than Iran
Libyan Army was completely loyal to Qaddafi , and who says Iran conscript and regulars are equipped with modern weapons ?
our conscripts training is so shitty that they can't hit targets as big as Bus Wheel from 50m away , and they don't knew whats is Ammo economy , they'll just ran out of Ammo in first 3 second of any clash .
I bet 90% of bases in hand of basij never cleaned and oiled their guns in last two month (I clearly recall in Sistan and Baluchistan in one visit to one of theses bases our commander wanted to operate a DShKM and it jammed , he dismantle it and removed about 1kg of sand from inside it and then showed us how the lack of maintenance destroyed the Gun) you think how many percent of our conscript knew how to operate a mortar or even RPG correctly if the need arises ?

and no Iran army is not well trained only some branches of Iran Army are well trained .

You talking about Basij or regular army?

And btw Iranian army is still using M1 helmets from WW2 US army and also @Hack-Hook do you know average flight hours of IRIAF pilot per year?

You talking about Basij or regular army?

And btw Iranian army is still using M1 helmets from WW2 US army and also @Hack-Hook do you know average flight hours of IRIAF pilot per year?
No but its far less than what it must be so they had to satisfy themselves with simulators.

And I'm ttalking about Basin and conscripts they are going to be the bulk of iran army in any conflict

It's this
View attachment 499355

Iran has various elector optically guided PGM's for various ranges, payloads and warhead also I believe this currently is the ONLY Iranian electrooptically guided munition that has a turbojet engine

Other air launched cruise missiles have different type of guidance and payload's
Yes,I knew that it was that particular weapon,but unfortunately theres virtually no detailed info about it to be had and only a handful of pictures and claims of 100km range,at least that was about all I could find.About the only thing that looks reasonably certain is that its based on the ghased 3 e/o rocket boosted air launched glide bomb,which appears to have been converted to use a turbojet.It actually reminds me of the russian kh-59[as-18].Hopefully some more data will be released at some point,tho if its a airforce project then this mockup or possibly prototype might well be all that we`ll ever see of it sadly.
_DSC0270.jpg

23_9001290359_L600.jpg

KH-59m[AS-18 Kazoo]
KH-59M3.jpg

upload_2018-9-29_22-35-38.png
Yes,I knew that it was that particular weapon,but unfortunately theres virtually no detailed info about it to be had and only a handful of pictures and claims of 100km range,at least that was about all I could find.About the only thing that looks reasonably certain is that its based on the ghased 3 e/o rocket boosted air launched glide bomb,which appears to have been converted to use a turbojet.It actually reminds me of the russian kh-59[as-18].Hopre data will be released at some point,tho if its a airforce project then this mockup or possibly prototyight well be all that we`ll ever see of it sa

KH-59m[AS-18 Kazoo]
KH-59M3.jpg

Qassed-1 was Iran's version of the GBU-15

Qassed-3 is Iran's version of the AMG-130

upload_2018-9-29_21-57-3.jpeg

and these are Air launched missiles with jet engines

564827_304.jpg

upload_2018-9-29_22-34-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-29_22-46-54.png
    upload_2018-9-29_22-46-54.png
    680 KB · Views: 27
  • upload_2018-9-29_22-47-1.png
    upload_2018-9-29_22-47-1.png
    680 KB · Views: 27
  • upload_2018-9-29_22-47-1.png
    upload_2018-9-29_22-47-1.png
    680 KB · Views: 25
He was lying from the first sentence to the last one.
First it was not only one that crashed it was 5 or 6 of them that crashed and 90% the same problem .
In short the engine was not suitable for Iran environment or civilian sector demands.

Second can you show me the maritime version of the airplane we built ?

And another question why he say one of the ATR we bought recently crashed in khoramAbad it was one of our old are that crashed and it was not the even th airplane problem it was human problem the flight was at lower altitude than what ordered by tower . the airfield is one of the hardest in all of Iran even middle east if you approach from that direction but it lack any radar to show exactly where the airplane are and more importantly the pilot ignored immediate colision warning .
What you expect the airplane do whack the pilot on the head make evasive maneuver and give the control of airplane to the pilot ?

And more importantly what these talk have to do with khatami.

He was lying from the first sentence to the last one.
First it was not only one that crashed it was 5 or 6 of them that crashed and 90% the same problem .
In short the engine was not suitable for Iran environment or civilian sector demands.

Second can you show me the maritime version of the airplane we built ?

And another question why he say one of the ATR we bought recently crashed in khoramAbad it was one of our old are that crashed and it was not the even th airplane problem it was human problem the flight was at lower altitude than what ordered by tower . the airfield is one of the hardest in all of Iran even middle east if you approach from that direction but it lack any radar to show exactly where the airplane are and more importantly the pilot ignored immediate colision warning .
What you expect the airplane do whack the pilot on the head make evasive maneuver and give the control of airplane to the pilot ?

And more importantly what these talk have to do with khatami.

Khatami was Iran's president between 1997-2005 so most of the production of the Iran140 happened during Khatami! And now apparently it's all his fault that they stopped producing it after he was out of office! The Aircraft took it's 1st flight in Iran in 1997 and was introduced in 2002 and 3 years later Ahmadi came to power so he wants to blame the very same people that produced the Iran-140 for stopping it's production!!!

His buddy Ahmadi was in power for 8 years after Khatami! What Transport Aircraft did we start producing under his 8 years?

Funny how memories of some are so selective and based purely on fiction!!!!!!!!! Did Ahmadi even come and invest to improve the 140's engines and Airframe? NO! He just spread propaganda!
If Ahmadi truly wanted to improve on that program he could have invested and ordered them to reverse engineer C-130 T56 engine's and build strengthened airframe around 2 T56 engines that are stronger more powerful engines that were actually designed for Aircrafts and rough terrain landings rather than Helicopters engines converted to be used for Aircrafts and he could have done that when Oil was over $100pb yet he choose to hand out chump change to the masses! And now it's Khatami's fault! MY GOD!

Also, a maritime patrol aircraft usually operates over the sea over a flat surface and doesn't need to fly a bunch of passengers with constant flights over Iran's rough terrain and you can spend far more hours on maintenance if forced too so even if Iran's Navy had one working for it and it was successful it's success does NOT apply for civilian use or even military use over Iran's terrain.

What is wrong with you??? Khatami was Iran's President between 1997-2005
Iran 140 took it's 1st flight in 1997 and introduced in 2002!
Ahmadi was in power in 2005-2013 Tell me what passenger Aircraft did we start producing under his presidency??

You act as if Ahmadi started the Iran-140 program when it was Rafzanjani that started the program with production under Khatami administration

ATR isn't suitable for Iran's climate too. after several other crashes in future, we will hear more about this and the corruption in our aviation organization which allowed it's purchases!

آخرین خبر از سقوط هواپیمای تهران-یاسوج؛ خلبان عامل اولیه سقوط نبوده است
بهرام پارسایی با بیان اینکه «کمیسیون اصل نود،25 اردیبهشت نشستی را با حضور وزیر راه و مسئولین مربوطه از سازمان هواپیمایی و شرکت فرودگاه‌ها و کمیته بررسی سانحه داشت» اظهار داشت: ما یکسری مکاتباتی داشتیم که جواب مشخصی دریافت نکردیم و علی‌رغم صراحت قانون و همینطور تاکید وزیر محترم راه مبنی بر تسریع در ارسال مدارکی که کمیسیون درخواست کرده متاسفانه با گذشت دو ماه یا جواب نگرفته‌ایم و یا تعدادی از جواب‌ها با استعلام کمیسیون غیرمرتبط است.

قاضی شهریاری سرپرست دادسرای امور جنایی تهران:
13970511000274_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

----------------------------------------------

General Bagheri:
domestic fighter jet engine (most probably Owj) is 98% localized and very close to production.
at the unveiling of Kowsar, it was 90% localized.

فیلم/ آخرین دستاوردهای نیروهای مسلح کشور

Last edited:
https://www.farsnews.com/news/13970717001004/موتور-ملی-و-ایرانی-جنگنده-در-آستانه-تولید-است
موتور ملی و ایرانی جنگنده در آستانه تولید است

https://www.farsnews.com/news/13970...-در-نزدیکی-مرزهای-کشور-ساکت-نخواهیم-نشست-جزء-

در برابر مقر تروریست‌ها در نزدیکی مرزهای کشور ساکت نخواهیم نشست/جزء 7 قدرت اول پهپادی جهان هستیم

ATR isn't suitable for Iran's climate too. after several other crashes in future, we will hear more about this and the corruption in our aviation organization which allowed it's purchases!

آخرین خبر از سقوط هواپیمای تهران-یاسوج؛ خلبان عامل اولیه سقوط نبوده است

قاضی شهریاری سرپرست دادسرای امور جنایی تهران:
13970511000274_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

----------------------------------------------

General Bagheri:
domestic fighter jet engine (most probably Owj) is 98% localized and very close to production.
at the unveiling of Kowsar, it was 90% localized.

فیلم/ آخرین دستاوردهای نیروهای مسلح کشور
The air plane was old one the new ATR after several accident related with icing were equipped with de-Icing systems.
About khoramAbad incident I still wonder why pilot or copilot didn't care about collision warning ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom