What's new

IRIAF first armed drone capable of firing Akhgar miniature cruise missiles

Whenever focus is on Israel, Israel somehow manages to make its enemies fight each other, such as in Iran Iraq war? They should have dealt with Israel first then start fighting each other. Similarly, Saddam should have invaded Israel first then gone after Kuwait.

Get rid of Israel most of the problems of the Middle East will disappear.
They start wars between their enemies. Pakistan India escalation is because of them.

Iran Lebanon Syria should form a coalition. Syria and Lebanon should unite as one country against Israel temporarily after defeating Israel they can divide themselves.

I was talking about Iran's Army and Iran's IRGC ...

I personally think The Akhgar is a rout the IRGC should have also taken a while ago because it gives a relatively slow UAV quicker reaction time for troops on the ground and Iran can also modify the Akhgar to be rocket launched off it's tactical vehicles on the ground and it would have most definitely been useful in Syria where a relatively light tactical vehicles could park outside a city and with the help of a light recon UAV deliver PGM for troop on the ground
If Mosul Airport had for example 10 of these they could have taken out a convoy of 30 terrorist vehicles before they could even attempt to enter the city giving Iraqi military and PMU forces time to further deal with them before they entered the city
If Mosul airport had 10 of these all 10 of them were fallen in hand of terrorists in fall of Mosul nobody even bothered to made any resistance they either surrendered or left all equipment and escaped. and Akhgar warhead is only 7kg which is far less than Sadid which is a small guided Bomb , theses system have their use , Akhgar is weapon of choice against moving target and vehicle while sadid is better optimized against building.

Last edited:
From Iran, only one way due to 1000km range.
Iran does not need to launch from its soil from we have many friendly groups to launch that are much closer to the occupied territories.
its range is 2000 km not 1000

I don't get one thing by looking at this It seems the ferry range is stated 2000km but they calculated it by using max speed and endurance instead of loiter speed and endurance if you use loiter speed you get something like 1600km.

By the way the aerodynamic of the body of uav seems to be more suitable for low speed uavs than Mohajer 6 and putting the sensor inside the nose seems to improve it farther (but by doing so the loss of 360 degree search camera seems to reduce its usability for search and loitering the battlefield mission but again having fixed landing gear seems to negate that.

But I wonder if they designed the uav for battle mission why not design it to be faster.?

I don't get one thing by looking at this It seems the ferry range is stated 2000km but they calculated it by using max speed and endurance instead of loiter speed and endurance if you use loiter speed you get something like 1600km.

By the way the aerodynamic of the body of uav seems to be more suitable for low speed uavs than Mohajer 6 and putting the sensor inside the nose seems to improve it farther (but by doing so the loss of 360 degree search camera seems to reduce its usability for search and loitering the battlefield mission but again having fixed landing gear seems to negate that.

But I wonder if they designed the uav for battle mission why not design it to be faster.?
It's written there that 2000 km is the one way road but if you want the uav to come back it will be 1000 km.

If Mosul airport had 10 of these all 10 of them were fallen in hand of terrorists in fall of Mosul nobody even bothered to made any resistance they either surrendered or left all equipment and escaped. and Akhgar warhead is only 7kg which is far less than Sadid which is a small guided Bomb , theses system have their use , Akhgar is weapon of choice against moving target and vehicle while sadid is better optimized against building.

If Iraq had 10 of these in Mosul Airport their operators would have been Iranian trained and I doubt they would of just left them there.... And they would of had intel on the approach of the terrorist before hand and contacts in Iranian military that would have worked with them and they would have likely had better relationships with and relations with Iraqi PMU forces that would have better communicated with them and organized with them to help prevent the city from getting taken

As for the Akhgar 7kg is 10 times that of an standard RPG round and is heavier than the warhead of a kornet or standard TOW ATGM's.
Although on such a compact missile it would be surprising if it actually did have that much but 7kg doesn't much specify what type of warhead it carries or how much of it actual explosives and what kind but in terms of weight it's enough to disable a Tank as good as an Abrams or put a hole in a normal brick wall so it would have been more than sufficient to take on a convoy

Low cost drone for border operations and other low intensity small operations.

Iran’s army doesn’t operate beyond its borders. Apparently people seem to forget that.

Even if as you say the cruise speed is 160km with a 10 hour endurance = 1600km than it's possible that the 100kg payload could include additional fuel tanks or batters to extend the range to 2000km but either way I would stick with the reported 2000km with 100kg payload.

That said in my opinion Iran's Air Force should have restricted it's self to UAV's & UCAV's platforms that Iran doesn't yet have rather than something so similar....

Iran's Air Force should have been working on a higher angle wing design of the Saegheh 2 and Simorgh or built a Turbojet or Turboprop UCAV about the size of the Sh-129 or larger or worked to improve on the Karrar with a better design and more powerful engines or built a low cost ramjet UCAV that can be mass produced easily….

Iran’s army doesn’t operate beyond its borders. Apparently people seem to forget that.

Iran's Artesh Air Force and Artesh Navy both operate beyond Iran's boarders when needed and it would be absurd to think that they don't or that they don't build weapons to do so when needed!

Our friend babak taghvaee claims that the 2 airforce drones that have just been shown are in fact nothing more than,in his words: a couple of "RC planes" that some of his 60 year old former colleagues built as a hobby to fly every weekend.
So what do the posters here think of this claim,bullsh!t or not?:azn:

So what are you saying? America should be allowed to fly their drones wherever they feel like? What are you guys, some form of schoolyard bullies?

Why shouldn't China and Russia kick your asses in the upcoming WW3? (may God bless the jews for instigating another one)

Iran's Artesh Air Force and Artesh Navy both operate beyond Iran's boarders when needed and it would be absurd to think that they don't or that they don't build weapons to do so when needed!

IRGCAF holds jurisdiction on beyond border drone strikes. Not Iranian Air Force.

This drone if it ever gets mass produced is a combo of military branch rivarily and also a cheap alternative to using more expensive drones.

You don’t need S-129 or S-171 to hunt down drug smugglers and Kurdish terrorists. This will be fine.

I have my doubts if it will truly get mass produced.

So what are you saying? America should be allowed to fly their drones wherever they feel like? What are you guys, some form of schoolyard bullies?

Why shouldn't China and Russia kick your asses in the upcoming WW3? (may God bless the jews for instigating another one)

Sorry I don’t talk to baboons. Not that any of your random nonsense is understandable by anyone.

For someone who hates US so much your country doesn’t seem to do anything about it besides accept billions in military aid from the US and let your country be targeted by drone strikes.

But then again Pakistan is used to having a master first Britain then US then now you managed to have 3 masters: Saudi Arabia, US, and china.

Impressive.

Our friend babak taghvaee claims that the 2 airforce drones that have just been shown are in fact nothing more than,in his words: a couple of "RC planes" that some of his 60 year old former colleagues built as a hobby to fly every weekend.
So what do the posters here think of this claim,bullsh!t or not?:azn:
I would love to see Babak Taghavae make an account in this forum and see what his fellow iranians think of his analysis and my God his reaction would unforgettable

If Iraq had 10 of these in Mosul Airport their operators would have been Iranian trained and I doubt they would of just left them there.... And they would of had intel on the approach of the terrorist before hand and contacts in Iranian military that would have worked with them and they would have likely had better relationships with and relations with Iraqi PMU forces that would have better communicated with them and organized with them to
Well they could have easily executed by the same commanders who ordered several thousands Iraqi police and armed force in Mosul abandon their arms and escape from 300 Isis force in the area .
The exact commanders that Iraq had to get rid off before they manage to stop ISIS advance.

Back
Top Bottom