What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

Kurds have trouble with clashes in kerkuk province, Daquq city/village. ISOF has been sent there to help, but that info is from @Dizer

The Kurds should not even be in Kirkuk to begin with. It's occupied land by them.

ISOF is already in and around Kirkuk.

Photo apparently from today:

6f6fbc53e4ccf20f61086b4c94baaaf0._.jpg

In other news…..Ramadi

0.jpg

bb248fbeac653b68ba9607f01f6cd6bd.jpg

9.jpg

6986c40fc76a397bbcaa22db93e11de5.jpg

edd47210d46ee7624d17a6549291ba5f.jpg

:hitwall:

This might look bad but most of Ramadi is not under ISIS control. The people of Ramadi have thought heroically against all odds and ISIS are yet to gain full control. They are better than Amirli. People should give credit.

Evacuate the entire city and bomb it if the occupation of the city continues. No other solution it seems.

@1000

All those shitty militia members that are yet to use a gun should be disbanded and then you urgently need to reform your entire military and send thousands of soldiers abroad starting from tomorrow. The only competent forces in Iraq are ISOF and ISIS. You know that your country is screwed if that's the case.

It's a shame what is happening.

Attachments

• 47270fd4c9e1b22a5631e89cac98f621.jpg
    47270fd4c9e1b22a5631e89cac98f621.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1de0cfbea2b956107f32759ce264c581.jpg
    1de0cfbea2b956107f32759ce264c581.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
ISIS flag in Ar Rutba, Western Anbar.

ac8777d9705368fc1e5fb37ff16f6944._.jpg

Was Ar Rutba not government controlled until recently? What the hell is going on?

The Kurds should not even be in Kirkuk to begin with. It's occupied land by them.

ISOF is already in and around Kirkuk.

Photo apparently from today:

View attachment 121736

In other news…..Ramadi

0.jpg

View attachment 121738

9.jpg

View attachment 121739

View attachment 121740

:hitwall:

@1000

All those shitty militia members that are yet to use a gun should be disbanded and then you urgently need to reform your entire military and send thousands of soldiers abroad starting from tomorrow. The only competent forces in Iraq are ISOF and ISIS. You know that your country is screwed if that's the case.

It's a shame what is happening.

Wonder why the only capable force isn't taking care of the bulk of the army, regular forces. They can turn them into capable soldiers as well, why aren't they when it would solve the issue.

Anyway Australian SF will arrive to work with isof so let's see what their input will be.

ISIS flag in Ar Rutba, Western Anbar.

Was Ar Rutba not government controlled until recently? What the hell is going on?

Rutba lies far away from the mainland, unless things are taken care off near the Syrian border it's hard to keep Al Rutba under control, ISIS attacks with hundreds at night, no one is going to place too many forces or SF in that little town

Wonder why the only capable force isn't taking care of the bulk of the army, regular forces. They can turn them into capable soldiers as well, why aren't they when it would solve the issue.

Anyway Australian SF will arrive to work with isof so let's see what their input will be.

Rutba lies far away from the mainland, unless things are taken care off near the Syrian border it's hard to keep Al Rutba under control, ISIS attacks with hundreds at night, no one is going to place too many forces or SF in that little town

But it is a very strategic city. If the Iraqi army gains control of Western Baghdad and the outskirts (Abu Ghraib and all the villages between Fallujah and Baghdad) and at the same time gains control of Ar Rutba (that city is located between KSA in the South, Jordan in the West and Syria in the North - thus extremely strategic) then they will be in control of both the start and end of highway 11 and 10. They can encircle the interior of that area by then (slowly) and the Southern front of that area is mainly uninhabited and the same with the North. Then they can also gain control of highway 12 ultimately if they manage to hold onto Haditha. Afterwards they can move north towards Samarra/Baji etc. and then finally Mosul.

Now as long as there is no effective border between Iraq and Syria ISIS can relocate as they please.

Are ISIS also in control of Nukhayb? I know that they were during the summer but now I don't know but probably. I have not followed the conflict in the past few days in Iraq so I am just reading different sources now and trying to get an precise overview of the situation. But a lot of conflicting material and I cannot ask any locals as I do not know any from those cities. Even if I asked locals they would probably be afraid.

Last edited:
This is pure nonsense. UAE does not support any terrorism. Only a small number of private donors but I am yet to hear about that.

The GCC, Turkey etc. have donated such weapons to the legitimate Syrian opposition (FSA) and then ISIS captured it from FSA and transported it to Iraq.

By that logic you should blame US, West etc. for every death in any armed conflict as most people use their weapons.

What do you say to Iran (state not private individuals) support for Hezbollah, Al-Assad terror regime, Shia militias in Iraq, Houthi's etc.

What if their weapons reach the hands of ISIS etc.? Is Iran then to blame?
I mean the emirates state of course sponsored Jundollah. everyone knows this in Iran but they will not blame full Emirates since Iran doesn't want a "fight". Of course i know Iran sponsors Hezbollah and i would blame Iran too for this.
Bandar had links to IS. Some saudis too. Turks were allowing IS to circulate and use their country to come inside Syria.
Everyone is to blam ein the region.
But sadly everyone here believes his country is angel and other are demons.
one of the problem of ME.
This story was confirmed by an Emirati for the container , i heard by Iranian army too and a French i know confirmed that chinese sent directly weapons but disguised it . they say like "hey he is a single guy who did it and we don't like it " but nobody really thinks this is true ...
it is a good way for them to see their weapons used on a battle field too.

I mean the emirates state of course sponsored Jundollah. everyone knows this in Iran but they will not blame full Emirates since Iran doesn't want a "fight". Of course i know Iran sponsors Hezbollah and i would blame Iran too for this.
Bandar had links to IS. Some saudis too. Turks were allowing IS to circulate and use their country to come inside Syria.
Everyone is to blam ein the region.
But sadly everyone here believes his country is angel and other are demons.
one of the problem of ME.
This story was confirmed by an Emirati for the container , i heard by Iranian army too and a French i know confirmed that chinese sent directly weapons but disguised it . they say like "hey he is a single guy who did it and we don't like it " but nobody really thinks this is true ...
it is a good way for them to see their weapons used on a battle field too.

Where is the proof of UAE supporting this Balochi Jundullah group which is a complete joke compared to ISIS and almost all other terrorist groups? What should they gain from this? You do know that the largest Farsi diaspora in the world is located in the UAE right? You do know that the ruler of Dubai asked for the sanctions of Iran to be removed despite the Iranian regime being hostile to Iranian Arabs inside Iran and all Arab countries outside of the governments they consider pro-Iran regime or the proxies they control (Hezbollah, some Iraqi Shia militias). Your regime would love nothing more than the 500 million Arabs living in total chaos judging from their actions.

There is no proof of Bandar having any links to ISIS. Even if he had links this does not mean support. ISIS has been infiltrated by all intelligence services anyway. KSA as in the government has never supported ISIS. Why should they support an organization that killed people in KSA in the 2000's and whose primarily goal is to conquer KSA? They hate the House of Saud.

Besides what does KSA gain from having a brotherly Arab/Semitic nation that KSA has ties with on all levels such as Iraq in chaos? Well, Southern Iraq is stable anyway so no problem for KSA but the point still remains. Don't give me a long story of Shias etc. KSA has 3-4 million Shias in KSA. Nobody kills them or even attacks them. Not one single attack against them. Or the oil nonsense.

Which angel? There is no such thing. I admit that there have been Saudi Arabians who have donated to ISIS. What have I to do with this? There are now 33 million people in KSA. About 2000 have gone fighting abroad and maybe 200 have donated to ISIS or so. Make the percentages yourself. I am not responsible for what 2500-3000 people do.
There are at most 100 such people according to local media and they live in Kuwait and from there they send money due to poor control in Kuwait. In KSA the control is extremely strict. But KSA as a STATE has not supported ISIS. There is no proof of that and it makes no sense.

I do not understand your last sentences. Are you saying that UAE (government) was sending MANPADS to ISIS directly? Really?

@Mosamania

the Iranians in Emirates? they are just there for money. these people in Emirates from Iran are far to be the most interesting Iranians, quite the opposite. they have no ethics.
if you want to find normal Iranians go iran or usa/canada.
No i was saying Emirates sent to rebels. Of course IS is another story. Most of their weapons are stolen/taken from Iraq and rebels and SAA.

the Iranians in Emirates? they are just there for money. these people in Emirates from Iran are far to be the most interesting Iranians, quite the opposite. they have no ethics.
if you want to find normal Iranians go iran or usa/canada.
No i was saying Emirates sent to rebels. Of course IS is another story. Most of their weapons are stolen/taken from Iraq and rebels and SAA.

Well, they are Iranians from the upper classes and the more educated classes because your ordinary Iranian cannot afford to travel abroad. Many rich Iranians are based in UAE. The point is that there is no reason for UAE (which is a respected country internationally with a thriving economy (almost the size of 80 million big Iran) and that attracts people from all over the world no matter religion, ethnicity) to do such a thing like supporting some Baluch separatists/terrorists or whatever you want to call them. They gain nothing from this. This is obviously not the policy of UAE.

Ok, so you meant that weapons that were sent to FSA from UAE have now ended in the hands of ISIS who now have used them against the Iraqi army after killing FSA members in Syria? So then you are wrong when you claim that UAE supports ISIS. This is not the fault of UAE and this is very silly argumentation, Hussein. What if they capture Iranian funded weapons from Hezbollah and use them on the Iraqi army? Will you blame Iran then?

Besides I have read that this was Qatar, not UAE.

When are you planning to take it back?
Well if it was to I wouldn't send a soldier to that area instead I would pull our troops to were shea located and draw a line from dialan north west down to saudi borders in the south west this way I would deal with the sunni in this area clean well from these ferments. then I would send our special forces for asymmetric war like capture dash and execute them right away attack their convoys their like supplies their villages and towns make their life piece of hell within a year they will be exhausted and keep like that until they surrender then no mercy for what they have done.

If we have a strong government they should have done a lot to hurt Turkey and the gulf countries by any means but we still have incompetent men in the office you are lucky so.

Islamic State fighters are threatening to overrun Iraq’s Anbar province
Nic6371913.jpg

BAGHDAD — Islamic State militants are threatening to overrun a key province in western Iraq in what would be a major victory for the jihadists and an embarrassing setback for the U.S.-led coalition targeting the group.

A win for the Islamic State in Anbar province would give the militants control of one of the country’s most important dams and several large army installations, potentially adding to their abundant stockpile of weapons. It would also allow them to establish a supply line from Syria almost to Baghdad and give them a valuable position from which to launch attacks on the Iraqi capital.

The Islamic State’s offensive in Anbar has received less attention than its assault on the Syrian border city of Kobane, which has played out in view of news photographers standing on hills in nearby Turkey. But in recent weeks, Islamic State fighters have systematically invaded towns and villages in Anbar, besieged army posts and police stations, and mounted attacks on Iraqi troops in Ramadi, the provincial capital.

The Islamic State secured a major foothold in Anbar province in January when it seized the city of Fallujah and parts of Ramadi. It pushed farther into the province in June, but Iraq’s government was able to maintain small pockets of authority in the majority-Sunni region.

Iraqi forces have suffered numerous reverses in the latest jihadist offensive, including the loss of two army bases. U.S. warplanes and attack helicopters have hit Islamic State targets and provided support to Iraqi troops fighting in Anbar. The U.S. airstrikes helped fend off an assault last month on the Haditha Dam, part of the militants’ drive to control Iraq’s water supplies. But overall, the strikes have failed to curb the militants’ momentum.

Local officials say U.S.-led air strikes are pushing Islamic State fighters back to the edges of Kobane, which they had appeared set to seize after a three-week assault. (Reuters)

“If the Islamic State controls Anbar, they would be able to threaten serious targets in Baghdad,” said an Iraqi security expert, Saeed al-Jayashi. “The government would lose the Haditha Dam, and the security forces would have to retreat,” he said. “There would be a blood bath.”

Long version: Islamic State fighters are threatening to overrun Iraq’s Anbar province - The Washington Post

Back
Top Bottom