What's new

Iraq shells FSA-positions in Syria

Surenas

Reaction score
Iraqi army helping Syrian government retake border checkpoint - reports

The Iraqi army has reportedly shelled Free Syrian Army positions inside Syria near the border with Iraq. Unconfirmed reports suggest that Iraq is helping Syrian government forces regain control of a border checkpoint seized by the insurgency.

Witness reports on Twitter claim that Iraq's armed forces shelled the border checkpoint at Al Ya'robiya on Friday night.

An Al-Arabiya correspondent also confirmed that Iraq had shelled targets inside Syria.

Iraqi army helping Syrian government retake border checkpoint - reports ? RT News

This was the main reason... why Iraq was liberated on the first place.

Al-Maliki has people inside Iraq to take care of him. It seems that he is pushing regional countries into the option of either no Maliki or no Iraq.

What did they expect ?

Expect the Shiites to sit down and take the **** ?

Syria must not fall to the wahhabis, no matter what.

What is your profit in the deal?

I doubt it's accurate news. The Iraqi army stayed out of the conflict even when abu Kamal crossing fellow rebels, the FSA terrorists were taunting the Iraqi army but the crossing continued to a accept refugees and wounded civilians. The FSA fired two rockets into Iraq and killed two people. They were probably provoking the Iraqis since they are 100m away. A rocket fell in Mosul because the fighting was so close to the border.

Blackagle. I don't know if you know this, but when the last time these "people inside Iraq" tried to use arms they got defeated so badly that they ended up bringing in gifts and begging for a ceasefire...

I doubt it's accurate news. The Iraqi army stayed out of the conflict even when abu Kamal crossing fellow rebels, the FSA terrorists were taunting the Iraqi army but the crossing continued to a accept refugees and wounded civilians. The FSA fired two rockets into Iraq and killed two people. They were probably provoking the Iraqis since they are 100m away. A rocket fell in Mosul because the fighting was so close to the border.

Blackagle. I don't know if you know this, but when the last time these "people inside Iraq" tried to use arms they got defeated so badly that they ended up bringing in gifts and begging for a ceasefire...

I really doubt that they tried, Iraqi involvement in Syria will instigate large numbers of Iraqis against the government and they will get regional help, not to mention endless flows of foreign fighters for help. Iraqi army is not mature yet. I pray this doesn't happen but Maliki has to realize how danger the game he is involving Iraq into.

The Iraqi governemnt won't get involved anywhere, but rockets and bullets flying into Iraq won't be tolerated. Then theres also the jubhat al nusrah which is linked with alqaeda in Iraq. They try to smuggle weapons from Iraq to Syria. Just a few days ago the Iraqi forces clashed with a convoy of 8 pickup trucks trying to smuggle weapons. Two vehicles were destroyed and six others captured.

????? ????? ????? ???????? ??????? ??? ??????? ????????

Iraq bolsters security along Syria border
SECURITY | 2013-03-01
The Anbar border guard command is working to complete a water trench and an earth embankment that span the length of the border between Iraq and Syria, officials told Mawtani.

The measures, which are being put in place by the command's second district, are meant to protect against infiltration by gunmen from Syria.

"About a year ago, the regular Syrian forces withdrew from border outlets and monitoring and observation points … which necessitated adopting swift new security plans to protect Iraq's borders," said Brig. Gen. Mahmoud al-Jughaify.

Security officials also installed seven high-definition cameras along the embankment that send images to command centres in Anbar and Baghdad to monitor the situation in the field, he said -- even at night and during adverse weather conditions.

"Anbar border guards, alongside army aviation and Iraqi police battalions, conduct daily security surveillance along the border strip, as well as reinforce the presence of security personnel at watch and observation towers," al-Jughaify said.

They also carry out regular intelligence reconnaissance operations in the western desert, valleys and plateaus, he said, "as a precaution against terrorist hideouts, which may be used as springboards for criminal operations".

http://mawtani.al-shorfa.com/en_GB/articles/iii/features/2013/03/01/feature-02
Border guard engineers and technicians, in co-operation with army and police, have set up security sensors on bodies of water at the border, strung barbed wire and repaired existing barriers, he said.

Al-Maliki has people inside Iraq to take care of him. It seems that he is pushing regional countries into the option of either no Maliki or no Iraq.

wahabi, you talk as if Iraq is some desert sheikhdom like Jordan.

Iraq is a democracy, by keep saying "maliki this and that" like he's some khaleeji dictator from some oil island you just look like a giant wahabi.

TBH I really wish Maliki is replaced next election, the obsession with him has gone to a new level. By replacing him, we have a new "dictator" to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom