What's new

Iraq requests $4.5+ in Military Equipment from US

But still, his opinion makes difference in terms of relations.
Erdogan interferes in internal affairs, Syria and Iraq. He violates law and is a hypocrite. 1 of the reasons the military gear is needed to keep him from doing all that.

Besides if Iraq was an Iranian proxy as you claim, which is usual among a certain group of people. You should like these arms purchases as it would reduce Irans influence and power in the country. But IMO your all confused, neither do I know the truth. You just have an assumption.

^

This is what I believe in, even the US refuses to sell Iraq more sophisticated weapons over concerns that such weapons may end up at the hands of the Iranians, making my claim legit and legal.

But still, his opinion makes difference in terms of relations.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-d...-5-military-equipment-us-2.html#ixzz2bg5aZo2T
This is what I believe in, even the US refuses to sell Iraq more sophisticated weapons over concerns that such weapons may end up at the hands of the Iranians, making my claim legit and legal.

Several reasons for that, Iraq has also not signed a defence treaty with them while many other countries have.

Anyway lets keep it about the weapons

Isnt the US afraid some of these weapon systems could end in Iran?
What garantees do they have that the Iraqi government will not send some to Iran?
I guess they calculated the possiblities.

Wish you all the best.

I found some interesting information about this if your interested.

Iraq's government has a neutrality policy, Iraq has no state allies and no enemies. To get advanced equipment recquires a treaty alliance with the US. But if Iraq signs such a treaty and if its accepted by congress it turns Iran into an enemy of Iraq which will bring a lot of problems again similar to the 80's though the US, NATO and GCC would be dragged into it aswell because it would be an official alliance.

Explains, most GCC states have such an alliance making it possible to acquire the advanced weaponry.

What garantees do they have that the Iraqi government will not send some to Iran?

The 2 countries have no military relations. They do not give anything.

Well it is up to your government to choose sides. You can't play on all horses. You can't have a good relationship with the GCC, Turkey, EU, NATO and USA at the same time while you are a close ally/partner of the Fake Wannabe Arab Mullah Farsis in Iran. Most people in Iraq, especially the Shias, are happy with the government although it is not perfect but they are afraid of another Saddam or Sunni ruler (which always ruled Iraq since 1400 years) but those are false accusations to scare the poor average Shia Arab in Southern Iraq from voting outside of his sect. Your whole political system as of now survives on sectarianism and it will continue unless you will not change.

If Iraq was clever it would give autonomy so Iraqi Sunni Arabs could administrate their own LOCAL issues and the Shia Arabs could do the same. Under one flag and government in Baghdad. Then both parties could have relations with GCC, Turkey or in the Shia Arabs case Iran.

There is no other solution. GCC, Turkey, NATO, USA, EU will not trust you as long as the Mullah's in Iran are in power and if you try to become an ally of the first groups then the Shia Islamists that are influential in Iraqi politics will complain and Iran, being just next door although the areas next to Iraq are populated by Kurds, Khuzestani Arabs and Lurs, they will nevertheless meddle by a great margin.

You only look after Iraq's interests which is fair enough but you and others have to ask yourself a question of which group you want to belong to if you are not a federal state. Iraqi Kurdistan does not matter here since they are basically a country already.

I think you misunderstood,not talking about military relations.
Since when do you need military relations to share military info?
Most military espionage is done ''without'' any knowledge of official sides.

Well it is up to your government to choose sides. You can't play on all horses. You can't have a good relationship with the GCC, Turkey, EU, NATO and USA at the same time while you are a close ally/partner of the Fake Wannabe Arab Mullah Farsis in Iran. Most people in Iraq, especially the Shias, are happy with the government although it is not perfect but they are afraid of another Saddam or Sunni ruler (which always ruled Iraq since 1400 years) but those are false accusations to scare the poor average Shia Arab in Southern Iraq from voting outside of his sect. Your whole political system as of now survives on sectarianism and it will continue unless you will not change.

If Iraq was clever it would give autonomy so Iraqi Sunni Arabs could administrate their own LOCAL issues and the Shia Arabs could do the same. Under one flag and government in Baghdad. Then both parties could have relations with GCC, Turkey or in the Shia Arabs case Iran.

There is no other solution. GCC, Turkey, NATO, USA, EU will not trust you as long as the Mullah's in Iran are in power and if you try to become an ally of the first groups then the Shia Islamists that are influential in Iraqi politics will complain and Iran, being just next door although the areas next to Iraq are populated by Kurds, Khuzestani Arabs and Lurs, they will nevertheless meddle by a great margin.

You only look after Iraq's interests which is fair enough but you and others have to ask yourself a question of which group you want to belong to if you are not a federal state. Iraqi Kurdistan does not matter here since they are basically a country already.

I am talking about an official military alliance which Iraq does not have with anyone.
Relations with Iran are mostly economic, just like the ones with Turkey.

No autonomy, you yourself would not give it but you want others to give it, MooshMoosh wants the same though under Saddam he would be strongly against it, besides all that he and you bring in the story that Iraq cannot be compared to other states because of its lack of security though it has nothing to do with that. So maybe you should give autonomy to the Shia and in Bahrain ? you disagree. Again do not respond with a comparison of security, it has nothing to do with it.

All your posts are emotional, you call Iraq and Iran allies while that would make the US our enemy, look at official treaties only.
Iraqi Kurdistan will be a pain in the *** and they will not leave unfortunately, though once central gov restores influences there will be less problems.

So basically what you would like to see is Iraq joining GCC side + turning Iran into its enemy like before which is the result of signing such a treaty, though only an idiot would do this during the current state Iraq is in, to do such a thing recquires a military that controlls the skies at least to ensure security.
Though besides all the nonesense it is clear that Iraq is neutral, the foreign minister told the US that they could use their airforce to stop Iran-Syria flights above Iraqi airspace if they wanted this.

I found some interesting information about this if your interested.

I always have been interested in listening to other people here, I'm all ears my friend go ahead. :P

Iraq's government has a neutrality policy, Iraq has no state allies and no enemies. To get advanced equipment recquires a treaty alliance with the US. But if Iraq signs such a treaty and if its accepted by congress it turns Iran into an enemy of Iraq which will bring a lot of problems again similar to the 80's though the US, NATO and GCC would be dragged into it aswell because it would be an official alliance.

Explains, most GCC states have such an alliance making it possible to acquire the advanced weaponry.

I believe what you are saying is quite understandable, but the US will never offer to Iraq any highly sophisticated weapons for the time being, thinking that these weapons my end up at the hands of the Iranains, that's why Iraq needs Russia if you want to keep both of the US and Iran happy, at least for now.

I always have been interested in listening to other people here, I'm all ears my friend go ahead. :P

I believe what you are saying is quite understandable, but the US will never offer to Iraq any highly sophisticated weapons for the time being, thinking that these weapons my end up at the hands of the Iranains, that's why Iraq needs Russia if you want to keep both of the US and Iran happy, at least for now.

"never" is a wrong word, you see they would offer sophisticated weaponry under a condition which is where it all relies on. Iraq requested super hornets before but they got denied, which I understand.

Signing such a defence treaty itself does not go that easy and does not lie in Iraqs hands only, they might only agree with such a treaty under a different government. US congress has to vote on it, a lot of work that would change the countries foreign relations and military stance/alliance.

For now, as Iraq is neutral it is buying from both Russia and the US, which is good for the time being though it depends what side Iraq is going to chose in the future, with whos side it will have an alliance.

Iraq has no choice. Going on Iran side means the US and all its allies become an enemy for Iraq while Iraq has no proper air defences/air force.
Going pro USA/GCC side means Iran will sponsor the "special groups" which will bring more instability.
Therefor neutrality is best for now.

I think you misunderstood,not talking about military relations.
Since when do you need military relations to share military info?
Most military espionage is done ''without'' any knowledge of official sides.

The statement you gave gets repeated often and theres no way to prove it. I'm certain that it doesn't happen.

I never said the US will never offer sophisticated weapons, what I said was that the US will never give Iraq HIGHLY sophisticated weapons, there is a difference.
"never" is a wrong word, you see they would offer sophisticated weaponry under a condition which is where it all relies on. Iraq requested super hornets before but they got denied, which I understand.

Signing such a defence treaty itself does not go that easy and does not lie in Iraqs hands only, they might only agree with such a treaty under a different government. US congress has to vote on it, a lot of work that would change the countries foreign relations and military stance/alliance.

For now, as Iraq is neutral it is buying from both Russia and the US, which is good for the time being though it depends what side Iraq is going to chose in the future, with whos side it will have an alliance.

Iraq has no choice. Going on Iran side means the US and all its allies become an enemy for Iraq while Iraq has no proper air defences/air force.
Going pro USA/GCC side means Iran will sponsor the "special groups" which will bring more instability.
Therefor neutrality is best for now.

Yes, Iraq requested F/A-18 Superhornet but the US was a bit reluctant, that Iraq must make some concession such as getting rid of Iranian influence on them. Similarly, the US immediately rejected the F-15 proposal as well, hell, even South Korea begged the US for ages to sell it to them, I don't think the US will risk a chance to uproar the ME military balance in favor of Iraq at the expense of Saudi and Israel in this regard.

It's up to the Maliki's regime, if he signed treaties the US is proposing, Iraq will flourish once more! If not, then Iraq will continue to hold a neutral stand in the ME.

Yes, they are afraid, Turkey itself will extremely be disturbed let alone the US or Kuwait.

Recovering, one of the fastest GDP growth in the world though that is usual after war, could be done better.

Hopefully Iraq will recover soon my fellow.

Back
Top Bottom