What's new

Iraq requests $4.5+ in Military Equipment from US

I'm just saying is why Iraq keeps ordering equipments on daily basis :P - Don't get it literally -
They are short and medium anti-aircraft missile, nothing special or extraordinary, this is a NECESSITY and nothing more. The Bell helicopters are for search and rescue, which are also important for both military and civilian needs.

The Stryker vehicles were purchased because of growing threats of terrorist attacks with chemical weapons. It is a serious threat especially with the events in syria and after arresting a group of terrorists who were planning such attacks with RC planes in Iraq and also in other countries.

Big chance for an all out war with syria if the nusrah gain control. An armed confrontation with Iran is a thing of the passed.

I'm just saying is why Iraq keeps ordering equipments on daily basis :P - Don't get it literally -

That's the way all countries order, based on need. There is also a budget limit, you cannot order more than you can afford.

That's the way all countries order, based on need. There is also a budget limit, you cannot order more than you can afford.

In general sense, yes. Also, Iraq seems to be preparing to what's known as a regional conflict..

Lets hope they will let you live in peace and not create problems.
Well, your regime in paticular is the main enemy of my country no doubt! with the Saudi and Qatari regimes are the main trouble maker in Iraq so dont play the good guys you're not.

Well, your regime in paticular is the main enemy of my country no doubt! with the Saudi and Qatari regimes are the main trouble maker in Iraq so dont play the good guys you're not.

As I said before, nothing of interests in your country, with all due respect.

First of all,nobody playing good guy.
Secondly,as i posted before the Shia/Sunni problem will allways be brought in when ever we talk about Iraq.
We get it,for you only Iran is the friend/ally,the Turks and Arabs are the enemy.
Im guessing you are a Shia from the south.

First of all,nobody playing good guy.
Secondly,as i posted before the Shia/Sunni problem will allways be brought in when ever we talk about Iraq.
We get it,for you only Iran is the friend/ally,the Turks and Arabs are the enemy.
Im guessing you are a Shia from the south.
No, doubt that the Turkey and Arab are the enemy it's obvious.

Yes, Iraq requested F/A-18 Superhornet but the US was a bit reluctant, that Iraq must make some concession such as getting rid of Iranian influence on them. Similarly, the US immediately rejected the F-15 proposal as well, hell, even South Korea begged the US for ages to sell it to them, I don't think the US will risk a chance to uproar the ME military balance in favor of Iraq at the expense of Saudi and Israel in this regard.
Hopefully Iraq will recover soon my fellow.

I don't know what you're saying S.korea already has F-15Ks in action...

Obama Administration Pushes for Apache Helicopter Sale to Iraq

Iraq’s top diplomat, Hoshyar Zebari, will meet with Secretary of State John Kerry on Aug. 15. Zebari’s trip comes just weeks after a daring and successful military assault on the Abu Ghraib prison resulted in the release of more than 500 suspected extremist militants. The jailbreak reversed years of work to roll up al Qaeda’s leadership in Iraq during the U.S.-led counterinsurgency campaign known as the surge.

The U.S. government has notified Congress in recent weeks of its intention to sell Iraq $4.7 billion worth of military equipment, but none of those sales include the top item on Iraq’s shopping list, the Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopters. The House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee have refused to allow the sale of the helicopters to date.

“The committee continues to carefully review all proposed arms sales to Iraq in order to ensure that such transfers support U.S. national security interests in the region,” a House Foreign Affairs Committee spokesman told The Daily Beast. Two administration officials confirmed that until the committees sign off, the U.S. government won’t be able to complete the arms deal.

The State Department is negotiating with the leaders of those committees behind the scenes to alleviate concerns about the sale. Committee leaders are worried the Iraqi government will use the helicopters to go after their domestic enemies, not just suspected terrorists. Also lawmakers are convinced that Iraq still allows Iran to fly arms over Iraqi airspace to aid the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The administration’s argument is that America should provide Iraq with the capability to fight terrorism inside its borders, which is in both countries’ interest. “The Iraqis desperately need armored helicopters to deal with this threat,” one U.S. official told The Daily Beast. “We are now in the process of working with the Congress to explain the strategic necessity of the sale, the long-term value these contracts have for our relationship, and to address their questions regarding how the helicopters will be used.”

The Iraqi official said that in recent weeks the administration has sought to speed up the sale of the Apache helicopters and has begun to discuss the prospect of sending in more intelligence officers to Iraq to help security services find and target the growing scourge of al Qaeda in the country.“The United States cannot sit back and watch an al Qaeda fiefdom rise up in Iraq,” the Iraqi official said. While Maliki’s representatives have quietly pressed for the additional support, the United States has just begun to consider the offer seriously, the official said.

As the L159 deal got cancelled there are talks with Korea for T50 golden eagle
The Korea Economic Daily

1655575.jpg

Back
Top Bottom