What's new

Iraq calls for faster arms deliveries, nears F-16 deal

I don't see why Turkish members are here :)

an armor and a sword doesn't make a man a knight. Iraq can put all it's petrol money into new toys it will still be a walk in the park for Turkish army.

It's always the arabian approach to military but they would be morons to think they can change the balance this easy.

A confrontation between the Iraqis and the Turks? highly unlikely. Turkey is a NATO member and Iraq is a US Ally (at least on paper). Iraq is worried about protecting its borders. Iraqis and Turks don't have any borders, It's actually the Kurds who control northern Iraq and not the Iraqi army. Thats why PKK is active there.
The trade between Iraq and Turkey is estimated at 13 billion and is increasing every year, neither country will give up economic prosperity for war. Turkey has bigger, better trained, better equipped military than Iraq. its naturally going to be stronger... you don't need to show off about it by pointing out the obvious.
Iraqis problems is with the Kurds who want to expand their territory into Iraqi land, and not with the Turks.

Iraq is just in the beginning stages of rebuilding its military, these weapons are vital for protecting Iraq borders in the short term. we have no other option. Iraq's army still needs at least 10 years before you could compare it to any regional army. Iraq has a different approach than the gulf states though. the arms industry will probably revive in a decade or two.

I don't see why Turkish members are here :)

an armor and a sword doesn't make a man a knight. Iraq can put all it's petrol money into new toys it will still be a walk in the park for Turkish army.

It's always the arabian approach to military but they would be morons to think they can change the balance this easy.
The Iraqis cant sort out their own nation. They will not be in any position to fight anyone much less Turkey.
A

you living in 2012
One liners are not a good reflection of your intellect. Do me the courtesy of a proper response to explain why you think otherwise. Currently I will stand by what I have said.
A

The Iraqis cant sort out their own nation. They will not be in any position to fight anyone much less Turkey.
A
Why Iraq and Turkey would fight each others if Turkey doesn’t violate Iraq sovereignty?!

Why Iraq and Turkey would fight each others if Turkey doesn’t violate Iraq sovereignty?!
I wish all muslim countries should live in peace and harmony. My statement was in response to a poster. You need to see posts in the perspective in which they were written.
A

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom