What's new

Iraq buying weapons from Russia.

Thread reopened for 30 minutes due to constant Pickering from members. Use those 30 minutes wisely.

As per many out there the country is ruled by an Islamist setup that may or may not have links with the Al Qaeeda ! By yet many out there the different tribes that make up the ethnic makeup of Libya are at loggerheads with each other & if this persists for the worst, a division of the country could also be on the cards. The security situation in the country is chaotic to say the least - the US ambassador & his wife just got killed ! How was life under Qaddafi ? The same as it was under Saddam; speak up & off with your head but otherwise you're going to get everything that petro-dollars could buy. I'd think of it as a poor barter !

With all due respect my dear friend but let me plz be honest with you:

Your knowledge of geopolitics in this region is so shallow and sometimes baseless, and the problem that you willfully insist to carry on with your ignorance regarding it. Libyan Transitional Council was run by the finest Libyan intellectuals headed by the former Minister of Justice, and now Libya is ruled by a democratically elected transnational counsel to prepare for the establishment (as it's their first experience) of a new constitution and state of law which will be followed by parliamentary and presidential elections. As you know my friend, Libya got out of the mess it was caused by Qaddafi forces with no security forces and army, so the logical next step was to assign the Libyan rebels to do the job whom are infiltrated with Islamists, there were arguments among Libyans about minorities rights and underserved areas that reached a point of talking about autonomy, but they were all resolved peacefully. Clashes from time to time happens due to the fact that rebels were not trained to do the police or intelligence jobs, therefore, Libya dispatched thousands of them to other countries to get professional training, 11k finished their training in Jordan and returned back to start their work in Libya. Libyan infrastructure are being rebuilt, investments are coming and they started hiring professional foreign workers. Islamists don't rule anything, if you ask if they have influence? yes they have, but they are part of the people who run the country, just like the Islamists in Tunisia and Egypt who happen to be the ruling parties.

As for the killing of the ambassador, he was killed by Qaeda forces who took advantage of the gathering of the outraged mobs by the embassy, ​​and it was a pre-planned operation which had nothing for Libyans to do with, they (the people) even attacked Islamist headquarters and stripped them out from their arms, although they weren't involved in the attack. After this insident Lybians started handing over their arms. Thousands staged demonstrations condemning ambassador murder.

Libyans hand over their weapons in arms collection drive - Yahoo! News

Magarief Says Attack on US Consulate in Benghazi Unrelated to Anti-Islam Film

Libyans rise up against militias' dominance - Features - Al Jazeera English

Al-Qaeda says attack on U.S. consulate in Libya

I would like you to always remember that ARAB countries were the ones who called for Nato to intervene, which was In the form of air raids, and some Arabs including Jordan, Sudan, Qatar and UAE contributed effectively in this war on the ground. So, Nato had no forces on the ground. So stop lecturing us about it.

Eventually, I suggest you stop picturing Libya like if it was Afghanistan. I would even have the liberty to say that the situation in Libya is better by 10 times than in Pakistan from what I see. Only half minded people would expect a transitional process in Libya without countering hardships and difficulties, however they managed to do better than many other countries. And plz stop taking individual acts as the typical ones going on there.

Thank you for your understanding.: Partay:

With all due respect my dear friend but let me plz be honest with you:

Your knowledge of geopolitics in this region is so shallow and sometimes baseless, and the problem that you willfully insist to................................................. do better than many other countries. And plz stop taking individual acts as the typical ones going on there.

Thank you for your understanding.: Partay:

Okay I'll research more about it before commenting on it the next time ! Most of my information on it comes from listening to talk shows with eminent panelists commenting on the situation in Libya !

But I don't like your condescending tone, young man ! Whatever the foOk did I do to you ? :undecided:

Okay I'll research more about it before commenting on it the next time ! Most of my information on it comes from listening to talk shows with eminent panelists commenting on the situation in Libya !

But I don't like your condescending tone, young man ! Whatever the foOk did I do to you ? :undecided:

I am being honest:cry:, this is BLACKEAGLE, love him or leave him.:bunny: I dream of a day when people accept harsh criticism on PDF, on that day I will open a new thread with the title "I, BLACKEAGLE has made a difference":blah:

I am being honest:cry:, this is BLACKEAGLE, love him or leave him.:bunny: I dream of a day when people accept harsh criticism on PDF, on that day I will open a new thread with the title "I, BLACKEAGLE has made a difference":blah:

Talk to me again like that & I'd I'll pluck off every feather of yours, Eagle & shove it down you're beak ! :angry:

i know that iraq will be strong again i wish you the best and i am sure iraq will have a better strategy in the future after you know who can be trusted and who cant
good luck

so next time they wont get trapped into attacking kuwait??

@ Mosamania
How exactly did I insult Pakistan?
Its a fact that Pakistan gets bombed by Obama(open any newspaper). Its also a fact that Obama bowed to King Abdullah.

Can your kind king ask (order) the bowing Obama to fix this Israel/Palestine issue, while he is issuing these order, please kindly ask him to stop bombing Pakistan and killing all the fundamentalist Saudia created

much obliged

Would you please stay on topic. if someone has something to comment about Iraq rearming that would appreciate it. thanks to all of you.

What is the current threat assessment of the Iraqi Armed Forces ? Is it more counter-insurgency oriented or more towards fighting a conventional war ?

Is Iraq going to get its territory from Barzani? Are you going to try use these weapons against Turkey?

Back
Top Bottom