What's new

Iran's Satellite Program and Developments

hmm..

So do Iranians think that Iran is the second nation only after USA to launch a satellite???

coz there are some 10-15 nations that have already launched satellites and some 5-6 nations who have mastered the art of satellite launching without any help or input from USA...

but satellite launching capability does not count to breaking any monopoly..until a country can successfully launch a shuttle or an equivalent, USA will have the monopoly over aerospace sector...

movahedian20120205131602003.jpg

A top Iranian lawmaker says the successful launch of theNavid satellite testifies to the country’s progress in aerospace technology and challenge US monopoly in this field.

“Many countries refused to even lease their satellites to Iran, but today the Islamic Republic has made this accomplishment (building and launching a satellite),” Hossein Garrousi said on Sunday.

Garrousi, a member of the Majlis Industries and Mines Committee, pointed to Iranian achievements in different technological fields and said, “In electronic war, Islamic Iran can counter the cyber army attacking the country.”

“Iran‘s aerospace capabilities have increased and this is despite US having monopoly over the technology.”

Navid-e Elm-o Sanat (Harbinger of Knowledge and Industry) is a telecom, measurement and scientific range, which was launched into space via theSafir satellite-carrier.

The satellite, completely designed and built by Iranian experts, was launched into orbit early Friday (3 February) on the third day of the 10-Day Dawn celebrations, marking the 33rd anniversary of the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

The Islamic Republic launched its first indigenous satellite, Omid (Hope) in 2009.

Iran is one of the 24 founding members of the United Nations' Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, which was set up in 1959.

PressTV - Iran broke US aerospace monopoly: MP

barack-obama-bullshit-we-cant-believe.jpg

A top Iranian lawmaker says the successful launch of theNavid satellite testifies to the country’s progress in aerospace technology and challenge US monopoly in this field.

:rofl:

They seems to be having a problem of talking out load.

hmm..

So do Iranians think that Iran is the second nation only after USA to launch a satellite???

coz there are some 10-15 nations that have already launched satellites and some 5-6 nations who have mastered the art of satellite launching without any help or input from USA...

but satellite launching capability does not count to breaking any monopoly..until a country can successfully launch a shuttle or an equivalent, USA will have the monopoly over aerospace sector...

:rofl:

They seems to be having a problem of talking out load.

read this line “Many countries refused to even lease their satellites to Iran,

hmm..

read all of it :

“Many countries refused to even lease their satellites to Iran, but today the Islamic Republic has made this accomplishment (building and launching a satellite),”

please think ... then speak :coffee:

look dude...every1 appreciates irans effort in space...

but wat ur MP has said is just utterly foolish...

times are gone when USA had monopoly over space science...

with russia china india japan coming up...its all competition and no monopoly left

look dude...every1 appreciates irans effort in space...

but wat ur MP has said is just utterly foolish...

times are gone when USA had monopoly over space science...

with russia china india japan coming up...its all competition and no monopoly left

Poor comprehension skill, or not read the article :coffee:

The MP Is surely joking. I guess either the translator have mistranslated it or the MP is obviously ignorant. It's true that the USA can dictate its sentiments to other nations, but from the very beginning, there was a huge competition between the soviet union and the USA and in fact it was the USA that broke the Soviet space monopoly, not the other way around. I really can't understand what he means by US monopoly of space.

The MP Is surely joking. I guess either the translator have mistranslated it or the MP is obviously ignorant. It's true that the USA can dictate its sentiments to other nations, but from the very beginning, there was a huge competition between the soviet union and the USA and in fact it was the USA that broke the Soviet space monopoly, not the other way around. I really can't understand what he means by US monopoly of space.

let me put you in simple word. The gentelman is saying that US is so monopolistic in Space that They (Americans) didn't lease (rent) their satellite to Iran, at the same time they blocked any other country to lease their sattelite to Iran. Here monopoly can be read as hegemony. USA did everything to block access to space for Iran.

hope now you got it...

let me put you in simple word. The gentelman is saying that US is so monopolistic in Space that They (Americans) didn't lease (rent) their satellite to Iran, at the same time they blocked any other country to lease their sattelite to Iran. Here monopoly can be read as hegemony. USA did everything to block access to space for Iran.

hope now you got it...

Yup, but monopoly doesn't mean that. Monopoly, as the word obviously says, means that you are the sole power of something. Hegemony sounds better though.
I also pointed out what you said in my point, but monopoly is just a mistranslation or an ignorant comment.

Yup, but monopoly doesn't mean that. Monopoly, as the word obviously says, means that you are the sole power of something. Hegemony sounds better though.
I also pointed out what you said in my point, but monopoly is just a mistranslation or an ignorant comment.

:fie: ... please stop

Back
Top Bottom