What's new

Iran's Satellite Program and Developments

And I'm just curious as to why you are avoiding the topic. Usually that happens when you can't contradict what I just asked. What is CULTURAL SLAVERY? If you can't answer that then I don't think it matters about my age because it does not factor in this discussion correct?

Did I talk about cultural slavery that you are asking me to answer about something that someone else has said?
Actually the topic is Iran sending a satellite into orbit, not about cultural slavery, so the one who's avoiding the topic is you, not me. Anyways, I'm still curious to know your age, and I disagree with you that age doesn't matter, because normally and usually you expect an 'old man' to comment maturely in comparison to a 15 year old boy. Don't you?

Did I talk about cultural slavery that you are asking me to answer about something that someone else has said?
Actually the topic is Iran sending a satellite into orbit, not about cultural slavery, so the one who's avoiding the topic is you, not me. Anyways, I'm still curious to know your age, and I disagree with you that age doesn't matter, because normally and usually you expect an 'old man' to comment maturely in comparison to a 15 year old boy. Don't you?

Oh so the one who mentioned about cultural slavery was someone else and not you yet you jumped in and asked for my age. How does my questioning led to asking for my age in the first place? And you be surprised that older people can sometimes be immature and younger people can be mature so I disagree with you. We can agree to disagree.

Hi, I want to ask Iranians about their opinion of the present regime? What do common Iranians think about the mullahs and the revolution? Most Iranians I have met in the west are anti regime and their system.

thanks

Oh so the one who mentioned about cultural slavery was someone else and not you yet you jumped in and asked for my age. How does my questioning led to asking for my age in the first place? And you be surprised that older people can sometimes be immature and younger people can be mature so I disagree with you. We can agree to disagree.

And you knew the thread was about something else yet you jumped in and changed the topic with an irrelevant question?
OK, we can agree to disagree.

And you knew the thread was about something else yet you jumped in and changed the topic with an irrelevant question?
OK, we can agree to disagree.

Oh yes I definitely knew. The moment I waited for those words cultural slavery I jumped on it. I knew that someone from Iran would say that.

Oh yes I definitely knew. The moment I waited for those words cultural slavery I jumped on it. I knew that someone from Iran would say that.

Well, you knew someone from Iran would say what? that you shouldn't jump in and ask an irrelevant question ol' man?

Hi, I want to ask Iranians about their opinion of the present regime? What do common Iranians think about the mullahs and the revolution? Most Iranians I have met in the west are anti regime and their system.

thanks
personally, I see the US as a bigger enemy than the mullahs, but they can both go suck camel nutz

I personally don't see how Iran can benefit in the long-term from a western sponsored 'democratic' govt with all the resources that we have. Iran should become democratic on its own terms.

movahedian20120205131602003.jpg

A top Iranian lawmaker says the successful launch of theNavid satellite testifies to the country’s progress in aerospace technology and challenge US monopoly in this field.

“Many countries refused to even lease their satellites to Iran, but today the Islamic Republic has made this accomplishment (building and launching a satellite),” Hossein Garrousi said on Sunday.

Garrousi, a member of the Majlis Industries and Mines Committee, pointed to Iranian achievements in different technological fields and said, “In electronic war, Islamic Iran can counter the cyber army attacking the country.”

“Iran‘s aerospace capabilities have increased and this is despite US having monopoly over the technology.”

Navid-e Elm-o Sanat (Harbinger of Knowledge and Industry) is a telecom, measurement and scientific range, which was launched into space via theSafir satellite-carrier.

The satellite, completely designed and built by Iranian experts, was launched into orbit early Friday (3 February) on the third day of the 10-Day Dawn celebrations, marking the 33rd anniversary of the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

The Islamic Republic launched its first indigenous satellite, Omid (Hope) in 2009.

Iran is one of the 24 founding members of the United Nations' Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, which was set up in 1959.

PressTV - Iran broke US aerospace monopoly: MP

A senior Iranian aerospace official says the country plans to launch an advanced satellite to take high resolution wall maps and aerial photos of locations around the globe as seen from space.

Head of Satellite Technical Support Department at Tehran's University of Science and Technology, Hossein Bolandi, said late on Saturday that Iran would send the Zafar (Triumph) satellite into space in 2012, IRNA reported.

The Iranian aerospace official added that Zafar satellite weighs 90 kilograms and will be placed in elliptical orbit of 500 kilometers in radius.

Zafar will have a lifespan of one year and six months and will capture images with a resolution of 80 meters and then transmit them to stations on earth.

Bolandi said the control system of Zafar satellite is three time more accurate than that of Navid (Herald) satellite.

Navid is a domestically-manufactured 50 kilogram satellite, which can take pictures in low altitudes of about 250 to 375 kilometers from earth. President of the Science and Technology University Mohammad-Saeid Jabalameli announced the launch of the Navid satellite on Saturday.

According to Jabalameli, Navid has been successfully tested and will be delivered to the launch center to be put into orbit in the next three to four months.

PressTV - Iran to put Zafar satellite into orbit

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the next Iranian homemade satellites will be placed into space and orbiting at roughly 35,000 km above the Earth.

Speaking in the northwestern city of Zanjan on Monday, President Ahmadinejad said Iran has obtained the technology to develop different satellites and will soon launch giant satellites that will be placed in circular orbits at an altitude of nearly 35,000 kilometers (21,748 miles) above the Earth's surface, Fars News Agency reported.

He added that Iran is moving with an increasing speed on the right path toward construction and development.

The Iranian president also called on all Iranians to spare no effort to further advance the country.

President Ahmadinejad's remarks come days after Iran successfully placed its 15.3-kilogram Rasad (Observation) satellite into its circuit on a two-month mission.

Rasad's mission is to take images from the earth and then dispatch those images along with telemetry information back to the earth stations.

It orbits the earth at an altitude of 260 kilometers 15 times every 24 hours. The satellite is equipped with solar panels and uses solar energy to work.

According to Head of Iran Space Agency Hamid Fazeli, Iran will launch three more satellites by the end of Iranian calendar year, ending on March 20.

The three satellites will go into orbit in August, October and February respectively, Fazeli noted.

He also added that Iran plans to launch its domestically-built Kavoshgar-5 (Explorer-5) satellite carrier into space in two months' time.

Iran launched its first homemade satellite Omid (Hope) in 2009. The country also sent its first biocapsule of living creatures into space in February 2010, using its homemade Kavoshgar-3 (Explorer-3) carrier.

PressTV - Iran aims higher for next satellites

Head of Iran Space Agency (ISA) says the Agency has plans to set up a national satellite launch base, a national space laboratory, and a space settlement.

"Iran Space Agency also aims to master the entire space technology from conceptualization to system design as well as commissioning and decommissioning satellites through integrated management," Hamid Fazeli noted on Sunday.

He went on to say that the country has already demonstrated its achievements in space technology to other countries in the headquarters of the European Union during the World Space Week (October 3-10), IRNA reported.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran has been able to indigenize satellite design, manufacturing and launch technology by its scientists and has presented that technology to the world,” Fazeli added.

Iran launched its first domestically-produced satellite Omid (Hope) in 2009, an act which made it the ninth country with the capability to launch satellites.

On June 20, 2011, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran has obtained the technology to develop different satellites and will soon launch giant satellites that will be placed in circular orbits at an altitude of nearly 35,000 kilometers (21,748 miles).

Iran is one of the 24 founding members of the UN Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, which was set up in 1959.

Tehran also plans to launch the country's first manned mission to space by 2019.

PressTV - ISA to set up satellite launch base

Back
Top Bottom