What's new

Iran’s S Bavar 373 air defense system enters service

There is no any problem with Arrow-3 radar. It was successfully tested in Israel. Americans simply wanted to test the integration with US systems.

do you have a counterpart to Bavar-373 in Israel? David's Sling maybe?

do you have a counterpart to Bavar-373 in Israel? David's Sling maybe?
Israeli systems are anti rocket/missile with limited anti aircraft capabilities.

There is very little known about Bavar. I don't know even its guidance method.

1 radar is an advantage, not downside. :wave: In makes system more simple

It reduces redundancy and makes that one radar very expensive.

One of the radars used by Bavar (it's not strictly a dedicated Bavar radar, but an upper part of the IADS network) is the 450 km range Meraj-4 battle management radar... It is very large and therefore semi-mobile (mounted on semi-trailer), not like the 2 front-line radars which have full off-road mobility.

1 of those front-line radars is X band and would suffice against non-stealth targets, the other is S-band to help with engaging stealth targets. All radars work together.

Israeli systems are anti rocket/missile with limited anti aircraft capabilities.

There is very little known about Bavar. I don't know even its guidance method.

well Sayyad 2 or 3 or 4 missile family all use active and semi-active radar homing. to find and track the target it can receive order from main radars or Sayyad-4 missile will use its radar or Sayyad-4 missile will use its Infrared seeker to find and engage the target by its own.

There is very little known about Bavar. I don't know even its guidance method
It's primarily an anti-aircraft system. The OP tells you everything else you need to know.

well Sayyad 2 or 3 or 4 missile family all use active and semi-active radar homing. to find and track the target it can receive order from main radars or Sayyad-4 missile will use its radar or Sayyad-4 missile will use its Infrared seeker to find and engage the target by its own.

Nope. They likely use SAGG. It's more robust than SARH or ARH against jamming, more secure from anti-radiation missiles than SARH, better at engaging stealth targets than ARH.

w
It's primarily an anti-aircraft system. The OP tells you everything else you need to know.

Nope. They likely use SAGG. It's more robust than SARH or ARH against jamming, more secure from anti-radiation missiles than SARH, better at engaging stealth targets than ARH.

well what i said was official the Secretary of Defense said this him self, sooooo :undecided:

وی افزود: این موشک دارای هدایت ترکیبی و مجهز به جستجو گر‌های پیشرفته‌ی فعال، نیمه فعال و همچنین مادون قرمز می‌باشد.

وزیر دفاع گفت: این موشک از قابلیت‌های پیشرفته مقابله با انواع جنگ الکترونیک برخوردار است.

https://www.eghtesadnews.com/بخش-سا...ای-موشک-صیاد-که-امروز-به-تولید-انبوه-رسید-عکس

It reduces redundancy and makes that one radar very expensive.
No it does not. And u can add radars if there is need.

I doubt that it has active radar homing. As for infrared homing there is simply no place for it.

soooo Bavar-373 has 300 km range and 65 km altitude ( which i think its lie Bavar-373 has bigger range than that as Iran will never say the real range so i will say it has 400 km range and altitude is even grater then 65 km ). :-)

Deputy of defense minister:
Bavar-373 can cover from low to 65km altitude and has a range of 300km.

جزئیاتی از سامانه پدافندی «باور۳۷۳»/ برد باور ۳۰۰ کیلومتر است

proxy.php

proxy.php

No it does not. And u can add radars if there is need.

I doubt that it has active radar homing. As for infrared homing there is simply no place for it.

our even smaller hawks copy has active radar homing so there is no reason to doubt Sayyad 4 missile which is 3 times bigger has no radar on it.

That was for Sayyad-3, we have not been told about guidance methods of Sayyad-4.

yes that was Sayyad-3 well we have to wait and see then

soooo Bavar-373 has 300 km range and 65 km altitude ( which i think its lie Bavar-373 has bigger range than that as Iran will never say the real range so i will say it has 400 km range and altitude is even greater then 65 km ). :-)

Deputy of defense minister:
Bavar-373 can cover from low to 65km altitude and has a range of 300km.

جزئیاتی از سامانه پدافندی «باور۳۷۳»/ برد باور ۳۰۰ کیلومتر است

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Last edited:
our even smaller hawks copy has active radar homing so there is no reason to doubt Sayyad 4 missile which is 3 times bigger has no radar on it.
Where is the evidence for it?

Just going to clear up a few things:

Stated missile range is 200 km and altitude 27 km (~90,000 ft). (Medium range SAMs typically have a quarter or at best a half of this range). These are all official figures that we are 100% concrete sure about.

Stated engagement radar range is 320 km with 100 targets. However Bavar is closely associated with Meraj-4, a 450 km range battle management radar that can track 200 targets. Meraj-4 is not an integral part of Bavar but they are expected to work together. These are all official figures that we are 100% concrete sure about.

Bavar-373 has no visual similarities to the S-300, and no common subsystems. I would say it is at least on par with the latest version of the S-300 (S-300PMU-2), if not more advanced in some aspects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom