What's new

Iran’s S Bavar 373 air defense system enters service

50 years old Standard SM-1 consists of three radars:

AN/SPS-52 (S band)
AN/SPS-49 (L band)
AN/SPG-51 (X band)

:mod:

dude why are you even here ( defence site ) if you are not interest in military :-).

I did not "edit" anything. I just answered to claim that its "worlds first operational dual-band SAM system" and that it makes it "much more robust in terms of ECM and beaming/notching".

1 radar is an advantage, not downside. :wave: In makes system more simple.

the system can work with any of its radars but you put it in beast mode with all of its 3 radars online and there will not be a fighter left in sky undetected be it 5 or 6 generation, that's the beauty of it.

dude why are you even here ( defence site ) if you are not interest in military :-).
On contrary, I am the only one on this forum who knew u said nonsense.

the system can work with any of its radars but you put it in beast mode with all of its 3 radars online and there will not be a fighter left in sky undetected be it 5 or 6 generation, that's the beauty of it.
All modern systems are integrated with other radars. Thats basic.

On contrary, I am the only one on this forum who knew u said nonsense.

All modern systems are integrated with other radars. Thats basic.
PLS first build one of your modern radars for Arrow 3 so you can lay off from US built radar, i mean if you can, we building them alone but you need US in every military aspects. and yes this system is modern as it can work with other radars too but in beast mode you will have a system on steroids. and good bye. i'm not here to argue with anyone so give us an analysis if you have one i will be more than happy to see your analysis.

PLS first build one of your modern radars for Arrow 3 so you can lay off from US built radar, i mean if you can, we building them alone but you need US in every military aspects. and yes this system is modern as it can work with other radars too but in beast mode you will have a system on steroids. and good bye. i'm not here to argue with anyone so give us an analysis if you have one i will be more than happy to see your analysis.
LOL wut?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EL/M-2080_Green_Pine

Israel is world leader in radars, second only to US.

https://en.muraselon.com/2019/08/irans-s-300-equivalent-air-defense-system-enters-service-video/

b373-750x430.png

Iranian military officials have announced the deployment of the country’s locally-made S 300 equivalent air defense system for its armed forces – the so-called Bavar 373.

The events leading up to the finalized production and deployment of the Bavar 373, which has been nicknamed ‘the Iranian S 300’ has been some time in the making with an interesting story behind it all.

The Bavar 373 began being developed by Iran when it became suspicious that Russia would not deliver twelve S 300 systems which had been ordered and payed-for in advance (Russia citing an arms embargo on Iran).

Russia eventually delivered the ordered S 300 systems after Iran threatened to sue, however, according to some Iranian military officials, by that time the Bavar 373 was beginning its trials and the armed forces had lost their initial enthusiasm for the S 300 in comparison to their expectations for the new locally-made air defense system.

Iran’s Press TV news network has released a brief info-video on the Bavar 373, available to watch below.

https://en.muraselon.com/2019/08/irans-s-300-equivalent-air-defense-system-enters-service-video/

b373-750x430.png

Iranian military officials have announced the deployment of the country’s locally-made S 300 equivalent air defense system for its armed forces – the so-called Bavar 373.

The events leading up to the finalized production and deployment of the Bavar 373, which has been nicknamed ‘the Iranian S 300’ has been some time in the making with an interesting story behind it all.

The Bavar 373 began being developed by Iran when it became suspicious that Russia would not deliver twelve S 300 systems which had been ordered and payed-for in advance (Russia citing an arms embargo on Iran).

Russia eventually delivered the ordered S 300 systems after Iran threatened to sue, however, according to some Iranian military officials, by that time the Bavar 373 was beginning its trials and the armed forces had lost their initial enthusiasm for the S 300 in comparison to their expectations for the new locally-made air defense system.

Iran’s Press TV news network has released a brief info-video on the Bavar 373, available to watch below.
:disagree::disagree::disagree: it has medium range system (Range is 150 km), although they are developing long range version of BAVAR @minimi

The title of the article will not make the Iranian members happy. Though this is addressed in the article.

Iran needs about 30 of them, soon. Stealth cruise missiles are coming online soon. I am guessing the Bavar-373 can knock a stealth cruise missile from the sky.

LOL wut?

good radar indeed, but every one knows Arrow 3 has a radar problem do not deny this you just tested Arrow 3 with a US made radar you tried one more time before and that was a failure if im not wrong then you moved it to US main land and you know the rest.

LOL wut?

leader or not, your radars couldn't stop us from bombing the indians...practically an entire squadron just sailed in, bombed 6 different bases, flew around for a few minutes and sailed back out without a single challenge from the ground...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom