What's new

Iran's New Unmanned Bomber Drone 'Karrar' Unveiled

Wow it look great. Then what iran going to export to 50 countries:what:

Iran inaugurates nation's first unmanned bomber

By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer Nasser Karimi, Associated Press Writer – Sun Aug 22, 7:48 am ET

TEHRAN, Iran – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday inaugurated the country's first domestically built unmanned bomber aircraft, calling it an "ambassador of death" to Iran's enemies.

The 4-meter-long drone aircraft can carry up to four cruise missiles and will have a range of 620 miles (1,000 kilometers), according to a state TV report — not far enough to reach archenemy Israel.

"The jet, as well as being an ambassador of death for the enemies of humanity, has a main message of peace and friendship," said Ahmadinejad at the inauguration ceremony, which fell on the country's national day for its defense industries.

The goal of the aircraft, named Karrar or striker, is to "keep the enemy paralyzed in its bases," he said, adding that the aircraft is for deterrence and defensive purposes.

The president championed the country's military self-sufficiency program, and said it will continue "until the enemies of humanity lose hope of ever attacking the Iranian nation."

Iran launched an arms development program during its 1980-88 war with Iraq to compensate for a U.S. weapons embargo and now produces its own tanks, armored personnel carries, missiles and even a fighter plane.

Iran frequently makes announcements about new advances in military technology that cannot be independently verified.

State TV later showed video footage of the plane taking off from a launching pad and reported that the craft traveled at speeds of 560 miles per hour (900 kilometers) and could alternatively be armed with two 250-pound bombs or a 450-pound guided bomb.

Iran has been producing its own light, unmanned surveillance aircraft since the late 1980s.

The ceremony came a day after Iran began to fuel its first nuclear power reactor, with the help of Russia, amid international concerns over the possibility of a military dimension to its nuclear program.

Iran insists it is only interested in generating electricity.

Referring to Israel's occasional threats against Iran's nuclear facilities, Ahmadinejad called any attack unlikely, but he said if Israel did, the reaction would be overwhelming.

"The scope of Iran's reaction will include the entire the earth," said Ahmadinejad. "We also tell you — the West — that all options are on the table."

Ahmadinejad appeared to be consciously echoing the terminology used by the U.S. and Israel in their statements not ruling out a military option against Iran's nuclear facilities.

On Friday, Iran also test-fired a new liquid fuel surface-to-surface missile, the Qiam-1, with advanced guidance systems.

Iran inaugurates nation's first unmanned bomber - Yahoo! News

video link: Iran Unveils 'Ambassador of Death'

if it was for me and a whole lot of warm blooded americans Iran would be nothing but rubbles right now....and a new democracy would bring stability to the region......:usflag:

Just like it did in Iraq? :what:

like they brought in iran and afganistan???

well democracy on those now democratic countries are just in ist infancy and alot of people are trying to derail it...we must fight against those extremists....but make no mistake we will hunt them down and Kill them ALL...:usflag:

well democracy on those now democratic countries are just in ist infancy and alot of people are trying to derail it...we must fight against those extremists....but make no mistake we will hunt them down and Kill them ALL...:usflag:
so, which country has more stable democracy right now iran or iraq, afganistan ?

A V1 based an interesting subject. Its not radio control and so basic. A very interesting reason behind making basic non-electronic platform, so it can easily evade enemy sky without any fear of radio or satellite jamming.
Are heading toward old conventional schools ?

Last edited:
^^excellant...........ya democracy ka manthra bajana walay insaniath ka dushman hain..i.e those who blow the trupet of democracy are the real danger to humanity...

I cant see neither FLIR, nor satelite link on it. I very doubt it has TERCOM like Tomahawk. So this thing will fly at high altitude on preprogrammed route.

Please do read the entirety of my post. I did mention that Iranian UAVs do not utilize SATCOM (for obvious reasons) and that this is a severe limiting factor as concerning UAVs, whilst the range can be physically enhanced to very large ones but the key element remains command and control, ahead of target acquisition. As for the FLIR, I did mention I did not find any such systems on it myself, and indeed they were the first element I was trying to identify but I supposed that it being a mock-up, they were intentionally not displayed. Iran does mount locally-manufactured FLIR pods for it's helicopters already. I'm guessing to the likelihood of another variant. However, these are guesses alone. There are other sketchy details regarding this project which may become more apparent only after certain time. Iran itself has made no mention of it's guidance systems. Indeed, it is very likely that it will follow a set course alone.

it looks like something taken out of history book.

Its wingspan it too short to be a long endurance flyer. It seems to be lacking a decent sensor suit. Not so sure about internal fuel capacity.

It does seem like 70's cruise missile to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom