What's new

Iran's domestic advanced jet trainer "Yasin"

i still have my question . why the airframe is so heavier than F-5
well it's subjective to the word وزن بدون بار. i assume they mean gross weight, in that case if they preserve the f-5's
internal fuel capacity (~2 tons), it's empty weight would be 3.5 tons or lighter. it's lighter than f-5 actually and by that phrase they used they have a military missions for it in mind too.

finally.... a useful airforce project that has practical applications. (i was never ever excited by the various modified f-5 projects that were dead/obsolete before they even hit the ground)

1 minor criticism.. even if its a prototype, why didn't they put a fresh coat of paint on it for unveil?
Yes! Thanks for that comment, just like the unveiling of Karrar tank pictures with the oil spill in front of the tank :no:

Yasin also uses a domestic ejection seat which can function even in Zero speed and jumps 100 meter in air.

13980724195142280186756310.jpg

Iran is the third country in the world which produces domestic ejection seats.
The one in your picture is similar to K-36. Who are the other two countries?
Martin-Baker ACES II
800px-Crash.arp.600pix.jpg

NPP Zvezda K-36
300px-Schleudersitz_MK-36DM.jpg

China HTY5

HTY6

837d44b40350419d903b7e4fe0177c7d.jpeg

and HTY8 and the one used in J-20 which is more advanced.
v2-24db39c20ba20c4782b8f862bb3e15d6_hd.jpg

Last edited:
well it's subjective to the word وزن بدون بار. i assume they mean gross weight, in that case if they preserve the f-5's
internal fuel capacity (~2 tons), it's empty weight would be 3.5 tons or lighter. it's lighter than f-5 actually and by that phrase they used they have a military missions for it in mind too.
that's many assumption

This aircraft is a great step forward and with this advanced, Iran will certainly upgrade their aircraft every year. I'm curious about the radar it contains

I am always impressed by Iran. Love how the nation is working hard to catch up even though It is under extreme sanctions. I just wish Iran somehow improves its air force, maybe buy Russian su30 planes. I still however believe they are very behind in technology to make a decent 4th generation fighter jet but still keep working hard and you will get success

The one in your picture is similar to K-36. Who are the other two countries?
Martin-Baker ACES II
800px-Crash.arp.600pix.jpg

NPP Zvezda K-36
300px-Schleudersitz_MK-36DM.jpg

China HTY5

HTY6

837d44b40350419d903b7e4fe0177c7d.jpeg

and HTY8 and the one used in J-20 which is more advanced.
v2-24db39c20ba20c4782b8f862bb3e15d6_hd.jpg
Just U.S and Russia. others' products are under license.
This is what one of our air force commanders talked about few months ago.

Just U.S and Russia. others' products are under license.
This is what one of our air force commanders talked about few months ago.
How funny, even what you said is real, the info the commander provided is inaccurate. Martin-Baker is UK company.

China produced both western ejection seat and Russian one years back. As you can see in the picture, Chinese one is different from Russian, lightweight, different stabilizer.

Whatever, I don't really care. Hope you guys good luck.

How funny, even what you said is real, the info the commander provided is inaccurate. Martin-Baker is UK company.

China produced both western ejection seat and Russian one years back. As you can see in the picture, Chinese one is different from Russian, lightweight, different stabilizer.

Whatever, I don't really care. Hope you guys good luck.
Well those names I mentioned myself, maybe it's UK and Russia. nevertheless I'm sure a military guy (who access to chinese commanders too) knows better than wiki readers.

You know better that many countries open up their production lines in China, yet it doesn't mean that China is the license owner.

Well those names I mentioned myself, maybe it's UK and Russia. nevertheless I'm sure a military guy (who access to chinese commanders too) knows better than wiki readers.

You know better that many countries open up their production lines in China, yet it doesn't mean that China is the license owner.
If the Chinese can produce stealth fighters, then they surely can produce ejection seats.

Be realistic please! This land couldn’t even produce screws 50 years ago!

Iran is on a technological highway. Next 10 years Iran will catch up and surpass!
With the amount of investment Iran makes in education, I am sure you've got your basics right.
It's always refreshing seeing a country stressed for market access under sanctions fight back.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom