What's new

Iran's "3rd of Khordad" air defence in action

They launched more than 20 missiles at 8 F-16 jets when they were at high altitude deep inside Israel, not expecting the attack. And only managed to hit 1. Less than a hour later S-200 was destroyed.

During hundreds of Israeli attacks in Syria they launched hundreds missiles and failed to hit anything.
it's not about the number of missiles it's about dodging incoming missile. why an f-16 which is capable of +9g maneuver could not dodge the +2g capable missile which by the time it reached f-16 lost most of it's energy??

That shot of the missile hitting the UAV is priceless...bordering on p*rn.
i doubt this is a real footage, this missile tears apart decoy but dont hurt camera and antenna , it is not even shake it.

it's not about the number of missiles it's about dodging incoming missile. why an f-16 which is capable of +9g maneuver could not dodge the +2g capable missile which by the time it reached f-16 lost most of it's energy??
* As I said over 20 missiles were launched at 8 F-16 and managed to hit only 1.
* The major reason they managed to hit 1 because F-16 were deep inside Israel and not expecting attack.
* I dont know where from u got 2g. S-200 is equipped with thrust vector control (F-16 does not have TVC by the way) and designed to hit MiG-17 class fighters at high altitude with probability 0.7-0.8.
* The range was about 140 km, while max range of S-200VE (Syrian export version) is 240 km. So missile was far from reaching most of its energy.

i doubt this is a real footage, this missile tears apart decoy but dont hurt camera and antenna , it is not even shake it.

My friend,

That video has been greatly slowed down in order for us to see the missile's movement clearly. Furthermore, how are you coming the conclusion the camera systems were not harmed? You saw the proximity fuse set the warhead off, you think anything on that UAV survived? The UAV was livestreaming.

Ea79U2AWoAAZwjs

Release for the first time!
Image of a Sayad-2 missile equipped with an infrared seeker

Ea-YTCnX0AAFhPh

Last edited:
A few things I don't understand. If this is as good as the Russian system, why does Iran still want to buy the Russian system?
Secondly, they have been unable to stop Israeli strikes in Syria. Why?

A few things I don't understand. If this is as good as the Russian system, why does Iran still want to buy the Russian system?

The last time Iran purchased anything from Russians was the S-300 in 2007. All these seems have been developed since then. Back when Iran had little to no air defences, it tried to procure the Russian system as a stop gap until its own air defence systems were ready. The s-300 fiasco actually caused Iran to greatly accelerate its indigenous efforts.

Secondly, they have been unable to stop Israeli strikes in Syria. Why?

These systems are not even in Syria. The issue the Syrians face is a lack of a proper Integrated Air Defence (IAD) network. This is not an matter of Iran just sending in a few systems there and then everything is magically fine. Unless you have a properly structured air defence network, then the adversaries will easily find ways to avoid them. Even a fully IAD network is not a hermetic defence, never-mind the alternative.

it seems nice staff to me what about jamming it can be ??????

The system uses AESA radars, this makes it inherently resistant to jamming. Iran is extremely E-warfare aware. Extensive efforts go into making these systems resistant to such a warfare.
my dear sir i was so confident until they shot down that ukrain jetliner now a days its shake my confident .god bless you and your country .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom