What's new

Iran's "3rd of Khordad" air defence in action

That poor MQ-4 didn't see the missile.
In terms of missile range, radar capability and overall complexity then yes, Bavar is definitely the most advanced Iranian air defence system. However, what makes this sevome Khordad a highly impressive and strategic system is its great mobility and low foot print. Here you have a system where everything is contained on a single TELAR. You can imagine how easily one could create a large "kill zone" with these system scattered and easily hidden. Recently, long ranged electro-optic systems have been added to these system to allow them function in passive modes too.

I am awaiting the arrival of a "super sevome Khordad" system with a missile range of 200km+. The IRGC (who build this system) talked about a 200km ranged missile for this system few years ago. Once the necessary radar system is ready, then I am sure we will see it.
Add capability to fire while moving:
Ea33WnsWsAEZIRw.jpg

So 3rd Khordad is the second-most advanced Iranian air-defence system, after Bavar-313?

Pretty impressive nonetheless.

Bavar is Iran's most advance AD for now:
13980530153404625181742810.jpg

Ea36kuGU4AIhhqz.jpg

MQ-4 is easiest target possible: huge, slow, high altitude, unmaneuverable. Easier than shooting fish in a barrel.

unmaneuverable.
then why your pilot couldn't out maneuver the s-200 missile?? or the Indian su-30 pilot while flanker family are famous of their maneuverability. or how Syrian su-22 managed to out maneuver incoming AIM-9X but couldn't do it for the next AMRAAM?? or why Saudi F-15 couldn't out maneuver the ground launched (low kinetic energy) R-27T??
out maneuvering incoming missile is last resort and to be honest most planes and pilots will not be able to perform it.

I wonder how Bavar compares with HQ9?
As good but probably slightly better. HQ9 also needs to be on newer end to be better than Bavar IMO. Bavar will make a nice presentation for fake weapons believers eventually.

Then it’s a good thing our enemy is stupid enough to send us such an easy target.
Not an easy target if it flies at altitudes of up to 60,000 feet and accompanied by P8 Poseidon .. beside MQ-4 ain't the only american drone that has been shot down by Iranian ADs over years in fact we have an exhibition of variety of american drone . Beside they are not stupid just thinking first our AD can not reach that altitude and secondly in no way we would hit it ...

then why your pilot couldn't out maneuver the s-200 missile??
They launched more than 20 missiles at 8 F-16 jets when they were at high altitude deep inside Israel, not expecting the attack. And only managed to hit 1. Less than a hour later S-200 was destroyed.

During hundreds of Israeli attacks in Syria they launched hundreds missiles and failed to hit anything.

Not an easy target if it flies at altitudes of up to 60,000 feet and accompanied by P8 Poseidon .. beside MQ-4 ain't the only american drone that has been shot down by Iranian ADs over years in fact we have an exhibition of variety of american drone . Beside they are not stupid just thinking first our AD can not reach that altitude and secondly in no way we would hit it ...
I know. I was being sarcastic

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom