What's new

Iran's "3rd of Khordad" air defence in action

my dear sir i was so confident until they shot down that ukrain jetliner now a days its shake my confident .god bless you and your country .
the system that shot Ukraine jetliner was Russian made Tor system from 1990s not an Iranian system

8faabd30691f047d439e02855179d397.jpg

my dear sir i was so confident until they shot down that ukrain jetliner now a days its shake my confident .god bless you and your country .

That civilian airliner was downed by a Tor-M1 that did not even have IFF sadly. Iran is going to be replacing them with its own system called the "Oghab". Inshallah this system will be revealed soon.

the system that shot Ukraine jetliner was Russian made Tor system from 1990s not an Iranian system

8faabd30691f047d439e02855179d397.jpg
That civilian airliner was downed by a Tor-M1 that did not even have IFF sadly. Iran is going to be replacing them with its own system called the "Oghab". Inshallah this system will be revealed soon.
the communication and humans behind this need to be fixed . i am fan of tor as it shot down so many myths in past . hope iran learn from mistake .

the communication and humans behind this need to be fixed . i am fan of tor as it shot down so many myths in past . hope iran learn from mistake .

The issue with classical radars is all you see on the radar screen is a "bleep". Unless one has other systems such as IFF etc, you will find it extremely hard to identify a target. For example, the Americans mistook an F-14 with an Iranian airliner and shot it down.
This Tor operator would have told the civilian air fleet would be grounded, he saw what appeared to be a cruise missile and he had to decide whether to fire or not, he tried to get further confirmation but did not manage to do so in time and he decided to fire and it lead to this incident. The true blame in this case lies with the people that did not fully ground the air fleet. The operator did the best he could.

Tor is capable system, certainly more so than Pantsir, but as we saw with this incident, it needs further upgrades. This "better" system will come in the form of the Oghab system for Iran.

Also as an interesting point, the upcoming "Quantum Radars" will be revolutionary. These radars can actually identify the targets they detect, they will not just show a "bleep". They can give you information regarding shapes of intakes, number of fins etc.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom