What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

bw89_eq9axg7w4airmir.jpeg
I was wondering when/if we were going to see the mk2 version [different nose hatch configuration and longer reinforced tail booms] of the mohajem 92 again,it looks like someone still hasnt given up on this despite the larger kamen 12 finally getting into service[?]
Mohajem_2-640x373.jpg

aj4igmqyvmz51.jpg

Interestingly it seems that the iraqis are producing the mk1 version of the mohajem 92 under license as the raqeeb,and it was shown at the irdex 2019.
DSC_2182-1024x681.jpg

I managed to track down this pic of the original ofogh II/A airframe after it was fitted with its new bulbous nose and 4 cylinder engine,tho it still has the swapped inverted v tail from another drone.Ultimately it would be refitted with a beefed up version of its original tail and a stronger front strut before being re-unveiled as the mohajem 92

Very important news.

Range of Iran’s Suicide Drones Extended to 4,000 km

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian Army experts have dramatically increased the flight endurance of suicide UAVs, manufacturing drones with an operational range of 4,000 kilometers, a commander said.

The spokesperson for an ongoing drone war game staged by the Iranian Army said on Wednesday that the homegrown military suicide drones can conduct nonstop sorties to hit targets at a range of 4,000 km.
Admiral Mahmoud Mousavi said the Army’s long-range suicide drones took off from the southern costs of Makran on Wednesday and hit targets at the war game zone in the Semnan province after traveling 1,400 km.
The Army units have also flown various tactical combat quadcopters equipped with small bombs, small pilotless aircraft for reconnaissance operations, and the Pelican VTOL drones on board naval vessels in the southern waters.
During the exercise, the Army has for the first time utilized Arash suicide and anti-radar drone with a portable launcher.
Various unmanned aircraft are taking part in the drill in Iran’s northern province of Semnan for different operations including aerial interception, launch of air-to-air missiles, detonation of ground targets with bombs and missiles with pinpoint accuracy, and suicide strikes.

In the first video at 03:47 it is stated that pelican has a 1200 km range; is this possible for something that size? It seems rather small compared to the men standing next to it and I wonder about its fuel storage capacity for such ranges. Is it possible the officer was thinking about karrar and simply misspoke?

😍😍
Can anyone explain how will the karrar drone see the target if it has no IR/EO sensor?
I think I heard there was a modest radar installed on karrar or it could be the sidewinder's own radar? I don't know the exact dimensions of karrar or how small an a2a radar can get or if a sidewinder can lock onto something indepently, albeit at shorter range.
Correction: sidewinder are IR and they have their own seeker and there are karrar a2a variants with EO and I think IR sensors.

I was wondering about something: suppose a karrar armed with a sidewinder is sent to intercept something and the target leaves the area and the engagement no longer needs to happen. How does the karrar land safely with the missile? I know it uses parachutes for landing, but with the missile underneath it, that kind of landing might trigger an explosion. Or does the parachute slow down it's landing so much so that it's much softer than I am imagining?

In the first video at 03:47 it is stated that pelican has a 1200 km range; is this possible for something that size? It seems rather small compared to the men standing next to it and I wonder about its fuel storage capacity for such ranges. Is it possible the officer was thinking about karrar and simply misspoke?

Well, a modern 2 litre diesel car needs 5 litres for 100 km range. So 60 litres would be 1200 km. Me think 60 litres could be placed in that drone in the wings and in the body. I dont know what the propeller engine consume per 100 km, but the engine is not that big so maybe also 5 litres for 100 km.

@Philosopher ..Good to see you back my friend...hope to see you more often..

Thank you my friend, I have been a little busy, hopefully I will spend more time here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another shot of the Helicopter based UAV:

1609958158312.png

Micro UAV.

1609957947136.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom