What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

if it was a normal camera on a helicopter than image would be going around like crazy. and i do not think Iran or US would send a helicopter around of there ships that close of each other if you look carefully you can see US navy helicopter moving close to there ship, and the rotation of the camera to the left and right clearly points out that it's a drone.
It was filmed by a quad-copter drone, forward 10 second and you can see it's shadow behind the Ababil.

Now here is a question.:cuckoo:...Iran has one of the biggest oil tanker companies in the world. So what prevents Iran ( a country the known for asymmetrical strategies) to use some of these oil tankers by putting up few CIWIS and ManPads on board for the elementary self defence and use the deck of these giant supper tankers as flight pads for UCAV or even recon UAVs and place them in sensitive locations ..I understand an oil tanker is slow but hey anything moving on water these days is slow for today's weapons systems so slow or slower makes no difference. Call this a poor man's aircraft carrier......on a second thought..may be the already done that..8-)....i need another shot of coffee!..:wacko:

Now here is a question.:cuckoo:...Iran has one of the biggest oil tanker companies in the world. So what prevents Iran ( a country the known for asymmetrical strategies) to use some of these oil tankers by putting up few CIWIS and ManPads on board for the elementary self defence and use the deck of these giant supper tankers as flight pads for UCAV or even recon UAVs and place them in sensitive locations ..I understand an oil tanker is slow but hey anything moving on water these days is slow for today's weapons systems so slow or slower makes no difference. Call this a poor man's aircraft carrier......on a second thought..may be the already done that..8-)....i need another shot of coffee!..:wacko:
The fact that survivability of that contraptions will be almost zero.

I find this drone really special with propeller in the front. I do not know what it is for but it looks promising and I like its shape.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

i think this drone is for mid air refueling for fighter jets or helicopters . that's why the engine is in front of it so it dose not hit fuel pipe.
you must be kidding, right?

why dont you think it, as an engine test platform? or something like that.

you must be kidding, right?

why dont you think it, as an engine test platform? or something like that.
It is too small for that..
This reply is sarcasm?!!

i do not know what that drone is for maybe its target drone but what are the pods on its wings? as i said i thought it could be a test bed for mid air refueling as Iran have 2 good options for that role.

these

pahpad1.jpg

11_8905310760_L600.jpg

and this

13971111114224933164988010.jpg

2443140.jpg

Last edited:
i do not know what that drone is for maybe its target drone but what are the pods on its wings? as i say i thought it could be a test bed for mid air refueling as Iran have 2 good options for that role.

these

pahpad1.jpg

and this

13971111114224933164988010.jpg

2443140.jpg

I think those pods are for added stability, I have seen them on trainer aircraft for beginner pilot training.

But yes this probably just a target drone.

Back
Top Bottom