What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

The fact that, at this point in time, Iran is able to fly combat drones, or in general war equipment into or near Palestine is something not achieved by Iranians for nearly 1400 years.

Amazing. Just think about this. 1390 years since (sassanids)Iran has stepped foot in Palestine.

A loud, likely propeller driven Saeghe drone flying at low altitude over Israeli occupied golan. Yes it might be stealthy enough to avoid targeting by radar guided weapons but it was sure to be detected.
It was even aware of being targeted or at risk as it released flares!

If you want to have a successful spy mission, you surely would not fly a Saeghe low. If you want to set a trap by Saeghe, you could fly low and use micro jet variant.

So why Saeghe? Why not something cheaper like one of the older prop target drones?
Maybe to create a shock to the Israelis by sending a drone that can be heared but not targeted by radar based systems. To show what Iran is capable of and trigger a harsh reaction by the shock induced.
The Israelis are potent enough on drones to neglect loss of technology by such a trap suicide mission, it displays state of Iranian technology.

The drone was a "trap":

https://elijahjm.wordpress.com/2018...-israel-the-rules-of-engagement-have-changed/

"A Commander of the allied forces in Syria revealed to me that allied forces led by the Syrian Army Command agreed to ambush the Israeli Air Force, putting the Syrian air defence on high alert, ready to fire. Then, a drone was sent to the Syrian-Israeli borders, violating Israeli air space to attract an Israeli response. As expected, Israel sent its F-16 to down the drone and was hit on the border"

The most advanced F-16 version on this planet with the most advanced electronics/jamming technology was downed inside Israeli air...imagine the shock in IDF!
And they want a 3rd lebanon war? Well..good luck!

Last edited:
A loud, likely propeller driven Saeghe drone flying at low altitude over Israeli occupied golan. Yes it might be stealthy enough to avoid targeting by radar guided weapons but it was sure to be detected.

If you want to have a successful spy mission, you surely would not fly a Saeghe low. If you want to set a trap by Saeghe, you could fly low and use micro jet variant.

So why Saeghe? Why not something cheaper like one of the older prop target drones?
Maybe to create a shock to the Israelis by sending a drone that can be heared but not targeted by radar based systems. To show what Iran is capable of and trigger a harsh reaction by the shock induced.
The Israelis are potent enough on drones to neglect loss of technology by such a trap suicide mission, it displays state of Iranian technology.
I don't reject the trap theory, but the fact that Israelis are bunch of liars is important, maybe this drone wasn't even in Golan heights and it was Israelis who wanted to capture it or simply help the terrorists.

I don't reject the trap theory, but the fact that Israelis are bunch of liars is important, maybe this drone wasn't even in Golan heights and it was Israelis who wanted to capture it or simply help the terrorists.
Well hen they need to put some sort of self destruction system iside the drones to protect them. And also won't forget the drone fall outside Syrian controlled area.

But Honnestly Syrian inability to response accordingly to Israel aggression is becoming like joke of century . even this time their response was lacking . hitting the f16 was just defending but they just hit one plane instead of all of the squadron . also Israel is becoming bolder day by day because they are chickening. If I were them I would have targeted their sense of security And I believe what give Israeli that sense is their antimissile shield so in response I would have targeted that shield and would have disabled several battery .

Well hen they need to put some sort of self destruction system iside the drones to protect them. And also won't forget the drone fall outside Syrian controlled area.

But Honnestly Syrian inability to response accordingly to Israel aggression is becoming like joke of century . even this time their response was lacking . hitting the f16 was just defending but they just hit one plane instead of all of the squadron . also Israel is becoming bolder day by day because they are chickening. If I were them I would have targeted their sense of security And I believe what give Israeli that sense is their antimissile shield so in response I would have targeted that shield and would have disabled several battery .
Syria in his powerful days wasn't brave to stand against Israel , and what you except from them right now !?
If anyone is going to response , the only option is Iran ...
Do you wish country-wide heart attacks for our Reformists and Especially Hassan and Javad !?

Syria in his powerful days wasn't brave to stand against Israel , and what you except from them right now !?
If anyone is going to response , the only option is Iran ...
Do you wish country-wide heart attacks for our Reformists and Especially Hassan and Javad !?
I'm sure they won't get any heart attack.
and i wonder why also there is no response for attacking against Iranian targets, well as I recall even when they Assassinated nuclear scientist there was no response

I'm sure they won't get any heart attack.
and i wonder why also there is no response for attacking against Iranian targets, well as I recall even when they Assassinated nuclear scientist there was no response

How many years should pass till we understand that our leaders are hypocrite !?

Iran Khodro and Saipa are causing thousand of Iranian lives with their un-secure cars and they don't care ...
Air pollution is killing so many people and they don't care ...

if they really wanted strong country , they would stop curroption among their ranks and their close circle first then strengthen economy , then strengthen army ... what can we do with 1960's and 1970's era fighters and M47 and M-48 !?

You are the a heir of this Islamic revolution with this record (unique to Iran):

231440_493.jpg

IMG16012054.jpg

that's why you can't understand Syrians, others understand!

Syrians pretty much lost all of their honor when they became a secular state, I'm not talking about recent years or decades. the main property of a secular state is that it bends when the amount of pressure exceeds a specific amount. it's not just Syria, look at all of our neighbors, look at the Arabs-Israel war, look at the European countries in WWII. don't compare them to us.
-----------
our drones do have that protection system, that' why just a broken wing was shown.
-----------
silence of our commanders and the very low altitude of that drone (which compromised both it's stealthiness and mission) has seriously puzzled the Israelis:
Two Days On, Israel Still Puzzled Why Iran Sent Drone Into Its Airspace

what makes you think the Saegheh is expensive???? It is NOT an expensive platform!

And yes if the sole purpose was to take pictures of Israeli territory and come back then yes Iran has far more effective platforms that are cheaper and much harder to detect! But if you wanted to test Israeli response to low altitude flying UCAVS or cruise missiles like the Soumar those UAV's would NOT be effective!

@VEVAK

You think the flying wing, carbon fibre Saeghe with flare dispenser etc. is less expensive than for example the old Saeghe 2 target drone?

Saeghe%202%20-%20Aerial%20Target%20System%201.jpg

Expensive always needs a relation...

Back
Top Bottom