What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

You have no response as usual. Beside saying primitive 333m artillery rocket is some Iranian patented technology or something. :rofl::rofl: You are eating up too much regime propaganda.
well seems you raise surrender flag

You have no response as usual. Beside saying primitive 333m artillery rocket is some Iranian patented technology or something. :rofl::rofl: You are eating up too much regime propaganda.
Hamas did most of their ability to build weapons from Iran,yes for their own benefit,but Hamas wouldn’t have had control of Gaza without their funding and weapons but to equate Hamas with Houthi isn’t really fair Houthi have vast lands to operate, Hamas doesn’t and Israel can see much of the fighting with just a pair of binoculars and Israel hasn’t gone in with a land force in years because they know casualties would be high so they bomb from the air or artillery that Hamas has no way to defend Houthi do @Hack-Hook

Does anyone got specs about the "Omid" drones?

cJEzsgD.png

Only found images, much smaller than Shahed 136, i wonder if it uses an electric engine instead of M550 loud one, it has only been reported to have anti-radar capabilities

Do you guys think Iran is or will mass-produce it as the Shahed-136 "successor"? If it is completely different other than being a loitering drone from S-136, it may explain why Iran sold S-136 to Russia, maybe same for Mohajer, moving on to Kaman-22 for domestic use only

Hamas did most of their ability to build weapons from Iran,yes for their own benefit,but Hamas wouldn’t have had control of Gaza without their funding and weapons but to equate Hamas with Houthi isn’t really fair Houthi have vast lands to operate, Hamas doesn’t and Israel can see much of the fighting with just a pair of binoculars and Israel hasn’t gone in with a land force in years because they know casualties would be high so they bomb from the air or artillery that Hamas has no way to defend Houthi do @Hack-Hook
I acknowledge Iranian support but not exaggerations by some Iranian members here.

This is reported to be an Ukrainian SAM trying to get a lock on Shahed-136 unsuccessfuly, if i'm not mistaken we can see the drone at 0:06 and immediately disappears afterwards

Any thoughts?

Does anyone got specs about the "Omid" drones?

cJEzsgD.png

Only found images, much smaller than Shahed 136, i wonder if it uses an electric engine instead of M550 loud one, it has only been reported to have anti-radar capabilities

Do you guys think Iran is or will mass-produce it as the Shahed-136 "successor"? If it is completely different other than being a loitering drone from S-136, it may explain why Iran sold S-136 to Russia, maybe same for Mohajer, moving on to Kaman-22 for domestic use only
No specs, only see very recently. Not even sure of it's particular role yet, but it definitely is more maneuverable than the Shahed-136 with all those control surfaces. We are assuming it is Anti-radiation, but it may also be able to be directed by a recon drone. Not sure yet.

The engine wouldn't be the same as the Shahed-136, overall it looks lighter and smaller than Shahed, so lighter fuel based engine and definitely less noisy.

So here's the part that confuses everyone. This Omid UAV is made by the regular Army, while the Shahed-136 and it's family are made by the IRGC.

The difference being is they are made by two different companies with two different goals in mind. For example, for the cheap Shahed-131 suicide drone which can be made with commercial parts, it was made by the IRGC specifically to export to Allied forces, in addition to allow the ability for allies to build it themselves without having to need military grade components or facilities. It has other doctorine benefits such as waging attrition warefare against air defences and psychological effects. The regular military has no such need for a UAV like that because of their access to better technology and production.

For the Shahed-136 since it was used in Yemen, eventually a somewhat intact wreckage from it had been captured and so the USA/Israel and friends should already be aware of what is inside and how it is made. Using it in large scale in Ukraine wouldn't cause any danger unless their are modernized variants with internal upgrades. Either way, they wouldn't export if they are worried about it falling into wrong hands.

In the suicide UAV class, I do not know what they want to move onto after Shahed-136, or if they will continue to improve it's software capabilities and create newer variants of it. Creating a flying dumb bomb is a useful tool, but it is still limited, the power derived from suicide UAVs really comes from its software capabilities

As far as we are aware, their isn't anything known, but IRGC is often keeping things secret and unveiling them only after it is done or nearly done. They don't make announcements about starting a project like other countries do before doing anything. They may have exported these because they already have something new.

Russia now using the Shahed-136 kamkaze drones on mass against Ukrainian targets everyday. It's distinct roaring sound before hitting its target seems to be having a psychological effect on the Ukrainian side.

Last edited:

This is reported to be an Ukrainian SAM trying to get a lock on Shahed-136 unsuccessfuly, if i'm not mistaken we can see the drone at 0:06 and immediately disappears afterwards

Any thoughts?
IR missiles have a hard time locking onto this UAV because it simply doesn't have large IR emissions at all. Therefore most MANPADS cannot get a lock, and if it does, it cannot hold the lock. Thermal cameras also do not work very well as you can see, it can barely see it. It may have caught a glimpse briefly, and a SAM was launched, but then lost visual.

As we also know, it has good RAS/RAM qualities that make detection difficult at distances, so your best bet is either high power radars or very close distance. The best way to handle it is airforce, and air-to-air interception, but that is an expensive solution.

One of the downsides that comes from the unhoused engine is the noise. The engine is naked and afraid (lol) and so it's noisy, but flying at 150-180km/h has the benefit of cooling down the engine.

@Falcon29 is an lunatic hasbara troll jew and can't behave himself

He mocked God existence, prophets words and Islam from 2016 to 2020 and got banned for many many times

I will find his old posts to prove that he is a hasbara troll Jew and he has nothing to do with Islam

He is a hasbara troll Islam hater Juda living in the US

I remember the felon created many threads to prove God doesn't exist and insulted prophets words and prophesy..
Again let’s just post pics and go to chill section to post whatever beliefs anyone has they can go there it honestly does take away from the site

@Falcon29 is an lunatic hasbara troll jew and can't behave himself

He mocked God existence, prophets words and Islam from 2016 to 2020 and got banned for many many times

I will find his old posts to prove that he is a hasbara troll Jew and he has nothing to do with Islam

He is a hasbara troll Islam hater Juda living in the US

I remember the felon created many threads to prove God doesn't exist and insulted prophets words and prophesy..
Just put him on ignore, don't let the quality of these threads go.

I acknowledge Iranian support but not exaggerations by some Iranian members here.

Do you know of any other country that has ever done as much for the Palestininas as Iran?

Does Iran or Iranians owe anything to the Palestinians?
Do you guys go to Arab military forums and ruine their threads with unrelated things?

Who is doing the whining here....you come to the Iranian UAV section and turn it into a Palestine issues, and complaine that Iranians are whining?!!!

Do you know of any other country that has ever done as much for the Palestininas as Iran?

Does Iran or Iranians owe anything to the Palestinians?
Do you guys go to Arab military forums and ruine their threads with unrelated things?

Who is doing the whining here....you come to the Iranian UAV section and turn it into a Palestine issues, and complaine that Iranians are whining?!!!
Did you guys forget when you derailed whole Jerusalem conflict thread ???

Donno what you are going on about... who is "you guys". I have never been on a "jerusalem thread". I come here for Iranian develoments only..... dont undrestand why some foreigners come here and take out their inferiority complex here...... go and take out your anger on the Arabs who sell Plaestine out... includig the Palestinian authorities...

Iran doesnt owe you anything..... yet they have been nice enough to give you more than anyne else. And this is the thanks they get.

Back
Top Bottom