What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

about Omid , well army wanted something more advance than Shahed-136 so they made Omid. its capable of network attack , you can send several of them they network with each other and use some VI to decide how to attack the enemy . its also like Shahed-136 have low RCS and also its stated that one of the mission of this uav is attacking enemy radars
also its supposed to be able to engage moving targets

it seems army ground forces needed some suicide drone to attack high value moving target and they built it

honestly i consider Kaman-22 in the same class as Shahed-129 but because of more mature design its capability increased a lot that its strike abilities are more in line with Gaza and Fotros but after all Shahed-149 is bigger have stronger engine and have more fuel so its natural it can carry more of the weapon , but just think what would have been the carrying capability of Shahed-149 if they used the design features of Kaman-22
What do you think about Omid engine (just from eyes), this should be an electric one imo, we saw Houthis making themselves drones using electric engines, it would make Omid be "more professional", no noise, not too big, but also it may cause problems for mass-producing them like Shahed-136

Also what engine Shahed 149 Gaza and Kaman-22 uses? Same rotax engine?

The thing that surprise me the most on Shahed-136 is its detonation size, for 80kg of payload the explosion looks like a 400kg missile warhead, it should have some nice explosives mixtures in it

Terror. Cats, dogs, rabbits use ears to locate direction. Human ears are useless.
Yeah I doubt that, I’d be more terrified of a drone flying silently and exploding out of nowhere, doesn’t mean it doesn’t terrify a person when they hear it coming, just don’t think engineers are like loud machine terrify villagers, my guess whatever they use engine exhaust etc is just more cost effective

No, it's not. Thats Qaem-114 you're thinking of

No, the Iranian drones use multiple GNSS systems, foreign ones are used as backups on some models. Only extremely cheap ones like Shahed-131 fully rely on foreign GPS. Unlike the Turks, the Iranians make all their optics (Turks relied on foreign ones for basically all drones until recently), & Iranian jet powered drones have indigenous jet engines unlike their Turkish counterparts. Also most avionics on Turkish UAVs are still not Turkish made

Kill switch is a myth
This is an infographics shared by BAYKAR. It's showing locally designed and made subsystems.
On the top-right you can see the avionics.
akinci-tiha-teknik.jpg

This is an infographics shared by BAYKAR. It's showing locally designed and made subsystems.
On the top-right you can see the avionics.
akinci-tiha-teknik.jpg
This is an infographic intended for national consumption, they're obviously not going to have asterisks saying, "this one is foreign" or "our domestic version is much worse than the one we imported from Canada" 😂

Here are two examples of TB-2 with foreign EOS:

In fact, let's compare the aselsan CATS and MX-15D:

This is an infographic intended for national consumption, they're obviously not going to have asterisks saying, "this one is foreign" or "our domestic version is much worse than the one we imported from Canada" 😂

Here are two examples of TB-2 with foreign EOS:

In fact, let's compare the aselsan CATS and MX-15D:

The infographics I shared mentions no "native" EOTS system. Why would you pick up on that? AKINCI uses MX-20.

Everyone know CATS is inferior to MX-15. CATS has uncooled FPAs and not as robust stability compared to MX-15. But it's ours.

There's a reason why the F500C project exists. It will use national MCT FPAs and direct-drive motor. It aspires to be better than MX-15. It will be revealed next year. I could post the specs of it if anyone interested.

The infographics I shared mentions no "native" EOTS system. Why would you pick up on that? AKINCI uses MX-20.

Everyone know CATS is inferior to MX-15. CATS has uncooled FPAs and not as robust stability compared to MX-15. But it's ours.

There's a reason why the F500C project exists. It will use national MCT FPAs and direct-drive motor. It aspires to be better than MX-15. It will be revealed next year. I could post the specs of it if anyone interested.
Yes, I saw they didn't mention it which is why I brought it up. I think F500C is supposed to be in service by now or by the IDEF in May next year. Can you post the specs file if you have it? I couldn't find anything detailed searching.

What do you think about Omid engine (just from eyes), this should be an electric one imo, we saw Houthis making themselves drones using electric engines, it would make Omid be "more professional", no noise, not too big, but also it may cause problems for mass-producing them like Shahed-136

Also what engine Shahed 149 Gaza and Kaman-22 uses? Same rotax engine?

The thing that surprise me the most on Shahed-136 is its detonation size, for 80kg of payload the explosion looks like a 400kg missile warhead, it should have some nice explosives mixtures in it
i believe its probably a diesel one as it seems have a place for exhaust above the engine but unlike Shahed-136 engine its covered so it probably will have less noise
Shahed-149 an unspecified Turboprop. Kaman-22 according to rumor a varriant of rotax-912

I love the wikipedia of Shahed https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HESA_Shahed_136

"Ukrainian soldiers call the drone “the flying lawnmower” due to it having a two-stroke engine. Like a commercial lawn mower. It is claimed that it can be heard from several kilometres away. Ukrainian soldiers claim that it is vulnerable to small arms fire. Further, when compared to other drones, it is made in a “semi-artisan way…these are not machines that are made en masse"

"A cheap chinese copy of Limbach"

They are also using the same "source' i posted before claiming that an Aliexpress jammer would counter them easily and saying Iran uses "pyrotechnical effects for propaganda", the Ukrainian clown one as well as The Washington Institute, a Israeli Saudi funded think tank ultra anti-Iran

Well anways whatever Iran makes is crap or cheap chinese copies of whatever

Ukrainians slowly developping racism against Iranians, they kicked out Iranian students of Ukraine
PHCT6ND.jpg

I love the wikipedia of Shahed https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HESA_Shahed_136

"Ukrainian soldiers call the drone “the flying lawnmower” due to it having a two-stroke engine. Like a commercial lawn mower. It is claimed that it can be heard from several kilometres away. Ukrainian soldiers claim that it is vulnerable to small arms fire. Further, when compared to other drones, it is made in a “semi-artisan way…these are not machines that are made en masse"

"A cheap chinese copy of Limbach"

They are also using the same "source' i posted before claiming that an Aliexpress jammer would counter them easily and saying Iran uses "pyrotechnical effects for propaganda", the Ukrainian clown one as well as The Washington Institute, a Israeli Saudi funded think tank ultra anti-Iran

Ukrainians slowly developping racism against Iranians, they kicked out Iranian students of Ukraine
PHCT6ND.jpg
just point one thing , the medical degree from Ukraine is useless in Iran , they want that degree to use it for immigrating to EU as EU accept that degree but we believe the curriculum is lacking and don't made the student ready for work in the field

Any Iraninas still studing in the craphole wartorne Nazi state deserve no sympathies as far as I am conserned.....
Do you honestly believe Ukraine is a Nazi state and if you do wouldn’t you support them because they hate Jews, yes there white supremacy in small numbers in their society, but there is also much of the world, also black power,Asian power etc etc, just because the Putin says it doesn’t make it true, it’s like saying all Muslims want to kill off all infidels, all Russians are communists who want to take over the world, every person should be treated with respect I highly doubt all those people on both sides thought they were going to have to bury their children this year over a petty feud

Yea..... all Putins propeganda....

IMG-20221008-224042-678.jpg
First article was from almost ten years ago when they ousted a pro Russian Ukrainian leader for corruption, second article five years ago yes we know there are neo nazi in Ukraine your saying all of Ukraine supports that minority,third article was trump trying to coerce Ukraine to investigate bidens son he said no made trump look stupid was from 3 years ago and the last one if it is true or not Ukraine needed a strong leader and I hope after the war he tries to be a better person but again I think we should keep this in the chill forum I don’t want to be a hypocrite either

Any Iraninas still studing in the craphole wartorne Nazi state deserve no sympathies as far as I am conserned.....
Strange how Iranian ended up there lol

If it was a cheap Chinese copy, then that is even worse for them. That means they can be made in the several thousands and into the 10,000's over the years. Good luck dealing with that.

Back
Top Bottom