What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Close up of mohajer 6 twin launch rail system
164216834444734400.jpg

Last edited:
What's with this naval variant of Mohajer-4?

Attachments

• 20220116_102309.jpg
    20220116_102309.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 52
Any new design Iran's been working on?

I know I tend to.....question anything that comes out of Iran, but two things I've always been impressed by Iran are its rockets/missiles and its drone tech (especially its drone tech).

An air arm for IRIN built around operational UCAVs...

4 Squadrons of mixed Kowsars + Dowran upgraded F-4E + (Both platforms armed with PL-12 BVR, Ghader/C-803 AShCM)
2 Squadrons of IRGC upgraded Su-22 carrying long-range Somar/Hovezah LACM for deep strikes.
3 x IrAn-140 AEW
3 Squadrons of Naval version of Shahed 285
10 Squadrons of 120 x Shahed-129/Gaza
10 Squadrons of 120 x Simorgh
10 Squadrons of 120 x Mohajer-6

Supported by some 10 Corvettes/Frigates and ~30 submarines, FACs armed with supercavitation torpedoes, this is a force to reckon for regional adversaries. All UCAVs armed with AShM to target enemy supply vessels, coastal defenses, superstructures of vessels in the Persian Gulf. If combined with Persian Gulf/Hormuz AShBM and Ghader AShCM can be a lethal package for enemies in and around the Persian Gulf.

Qader-missile.jpg

2944744.jpg

DlH66AJXgAArs8z
1399070618061689421315014.jpg

FG0HB6HXsAME8VK.jpg

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Unveils SAR Radar - MilitaryLeak

Attack on U.S. Base Shows How Iran Is Leveling Drone Battlefield - Bloomberg

Shahed_171.jpg
Iranian stealth drone flying over American military bases - Defence View
2708711.jpg

images

Who knows. Either way the Emiratis will now have to spend billions on air defense systems. I wonder if they will choose Russian, Chinese or American ?

This was no doubt just a warning. The Emiratis are probably shocked. This is obviously a response to the latest Emirati backed offensive in the southern flank of Marib by the Giants brigade.

I'm just wondering which drones were used.

How did it fly undetected through Saudi Arabia? Are their bordering regions with Yemen not filled with AD's? I suspect they used Omani airspace.

Emiratis already crying in response to this. LOL They didn't expect this. They're already calling the Americans pleading for help. They're panicking and afraid. It's unbelievable the level of hypocrisy. They bomb hospitals, weddings, funerals, school buses filled with children. But that's not terrorism right ? Only when the Houthis retaliate it's terrorism. What a joke.

Arab Coalition: Houthis' hostile attacks on Saudi and UAE civilians are war crimes

During a telephone conversation with Abdullah bin Zayed, the US Secretary of State condemns the Houthi terrorist attack on civilian facilities in the UAE

Houthis: "Operation Hurricane Yemen" targeted Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports, the Musaffah oil refinery in Abu Dhabi, and a number of important and sensitive Emirati sites and facilities

Houthi military spokesman: We carried out a qualitative military operation targeting Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports

Last edited:
This Houthi / Iranian drone flew approx 2000 km to hit its target with pin point precision. This is what Iran is willing to give to the Houthis. Imagine what Iran is capable of. God help anyone that messes with Iran.

View attachment 809410
Attacking an unprotected target with GPS coordinates is not particularly impressive. I'm willing to bet a university like MIT could put together a drone that could do the same in a month or two.

In fact, UAE already developed a drone similar to Harpy/Harop with 1920km range and a 50kg payload.

The Saudis, even if they are able to shoot down most of the Houthis drones and missiles, they are expending significant resources to do so. Recently they pleaded with the US to provide them with missiles for their Patriot SAMs.

The US however was hesitant because 1) they want the war in Yemen brought to an end, 2) They want the Saudis to increase production in order to bring down the price of gas at the pump in the US.

Realistically, the Houthis can mass produce cheap yet effective drones and saturate the airspace with them. Each Patriot missile or air to air missile on a jet costs significantly more than each drone. Not to mention maintenance required when jets are constantly scrambled and missiles on Patriot SAM batteries are constantly replaced.

Even if the drones aren't armed with a warhead, the Saudis cannot take the risk and must shoot it down. Eventually this takes a toll on their resources and assets. Its already taking somewhat of a toll and although they won't reach a breaking point it still puts pressure on them, not to mention the fact that eventually some drones/ballistic missiles will simply make it through. It's just a numbers game in the end.

Arab coalition: intercepted and destroyed 8 drones launched towards the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia today

Arab coalition shows footage of intercepting drones targeting the Kingdom today

Last edited:
Attacking an unprotected target with GPS coordinates is not particularly impressive. I'm willing to bet a university like MIT could put together a drone that could do the same in a month or two.

In fact, UAE already developed a drone similar to Harpy/Harop with 1920km range and a 50kg payload.

Unprotected place? Like UAE capital airport?
1200-2000 km drone made by a student?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom