What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

An upgraded version of the VTOL "Pelican" uav:

1606847111255.png

Vid is densely packed with nfo; notice that the full scale version (Shahed 171) did not have info revealed regarding the weight capacity. Shaheds 181 & 191 are both 100 Kg capacity with a recessed weapons bay while 171 definitely has internal bay with doors and can obviously carry more weight, but that is to be kept classified for the time being. I can assume at least 200+ Kg given its turbofan.

Shahed-161 (turbojet engine variant)
• Reconnaissance/surveillance/combat UAV​
• Length: 1.900 mm​
• Wingspan: 5.130 mm​
• Max operational range: 500 km​
• Endurance: 2 hours​
• Service ceiling: 25.000 ft​
• Max take-off weight: 170 kg​
• Maximum speed: 275 km/h​
• Armament: Can carry 2 bombs (50 kg) externally​
Shahed-141 (piston engine variant)

Shahed-191 (turbojet engine variant)
• Reconnaissance/surveillance/combat UAV​
• Length: 2.700 mm​
• Wingspan: 7.310 mm​
• Max operational range: 1.500 km​
• Endurance: 4,5 hours​
• Service ceiling: 25.000 ft​
• Max take-off weight: 500 kg​
• Maximum speed: 350 km/h​
• Armament: Can carry 2 bombs (100 kg) internally​
Shahed-181 (piston engine variant)

Shahed-171
• Surveillance UAV​
• Length: 4.750 mm​
• Wingspan: 13.000 mm​
• Max operation range: 4.400 km​
• Endurance: 10 hours​
• Service ceiling: 36.000 ft​
• Max take-off weight: 3070 kg​
• Maximum speed: 460 km/h​
• Powerplant: Turbofan engine, 6.6 kN thrust​

Last edited:
Great vid. First time they are sharing so much data on the different variants Iran is building!
As of now, it seems the 181 & 191 variants at 40% size and 171 at full size are the mass produced versions with the predecessors being test beds.

Also, 50 of the 181 and 191s were involved in Operation Moharram strike simultaneous to a barrage of missiles; I'm sure some 129s must have been involved in those operations too.

Last edited:
Shahed-171
• Surveillance UAV• Length: 4.750 mm• Wingspan: 13.000 mm• Max operation range: 4.400 km• Endurance: 10 hours• Service ceiling: 36.000 ft• Max take-off weight: 3070 kg• Maximum speed: 460 km/h• Powerplant: Turbofan engine, 6.6 kN thrust
How very appropriate that s171 can do a round trip to all countries in the greater Middle East, no matter where it takes off from Iran! That’s not a bad strategic asset to have: long range stealthy drone!

How does the engine for shahed 171 compare to the small turbofan engine unvailed a few month ago?
It was said that the small engine had 1500 lb thrust.
Did I undrestand it correctly that Shahed is meant to have 6600 lb thrust?

How does the engine for shahed 171 compare to the small turbofan engine unvailed a few month ago?
It was said that the small engine had 1500 lb thrust.
Did I undrestand it correctly that Shahed is meant to have 6600 lb thrust?
I thought this might be Jahesh too, or possibly related to it.

How very appropriate that s171 can do a round trip to all countries in the greater Middle East, no matter where it takes off from Iran! That’s not a bad strategic asset to have: long range stealthy drone!
Nice point. That range caught my attention too- thats ALOT of area it can cover....fast, low, armed...wow.

Nice point. That range caught my attention too- thats ALOT of area it can cover....fast, low, armed...wow.
The potential can’t be understated. It’s a matter of time until we will see a full fledged long range massive flying wing uav bomber. Pair that with the IRGC satellite activities and the deterrence level is amped up significantly.

Back
Top Bottom