What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

The potential can’t be understated. It’s a matter of time until we will see a full fledged long range massive flying wing uav bomber. Pair that with the IRGC satellite activities and the deterrence level is amped up significantly.
An armed Shahed-171 version powered by two Jahesh-700 turbofan engines for long-range operations would be a good addition for the mid-term future until Iran has developed a heavier engine that produces higher thrust while being fuel-efficient.

An armed Shahed-171 version powered by two Jahesh-700 turbofan engines for long-range operations would be a good addition for the mid-term future until Iran has developed a heavier engine that produces higher thrust while being fuel-efficient.

A heavier Twin engine version with a payload capacity of 2000lb and a weapons bay large enough to carry up to 4x 500lb ordinances on a platform with at least 1800km combat radius with an ability to target and attack fixed sites on autopilot or a more sophisticated AI system is clearly within reach.
The only question is whether or not they will divert sufficient resources to build it!

1607083019711.png

I don't care how much you increase SAPAND's budget even if you increase it 10 fold but at the end of the day end up cutting R&D budget in half it is not only idiotic but absolutely disrespectful to the memory of Shahid Fakhry zadeh

They murder your top scientist and you respond by cutting you Defense R&D almost in half!!!!! wtf

So it seems Jahesh 700 is the reverse engineered turbo fan engine of the RQ-170. When the craft was initially captured, Shamkhani had stated in an interview that the uav had some incredibly sophisticated sensors and cameras on board. With the uav shape and engine completely copied I wonder what sensor equipment and camera they are working on. There has been nothing said other than that statement from Shamkhani regarding this.

To be sure, Iran probably put all initial efforts towards copying the airframe and engine, as this catapulted the sofre mahi programs from initial maquette stage to a fully fledged working uav in a very short time period. I sometimes wonder what applications and uses they are devising for the sensors they would have copied or are in the process of learning from.

Looks like Fotros can carry an estra munition on each wing for a total of 6, though I wonder how much that would cut into the range, were it fully armed. Also, I think the newer Ghaems are lighter than the older Sadids so maybe 6 Ghaems or 4 Sadids? Could they carry a Nasr cruise missile on each wing?

A great read and a bit more detailed than the video presentation a few days before.
Copying and pasting from news site to here is a nightmare so the pdf files are in English and Farsi each.

Attachments

• «جانور قندهار» در ایران_ 7 ویژگی برتر در پهپاد «سیمرغ»_ گزارش تسنیم از مهندسی معکوس مهمترین پ...pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • «جانور قندهار» در ایران_ 7 ویژگی برتر در پهپاد «سیمرغ»_ گزارش تسنیم از مهندسی معکوس مهمترین پ...pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 75
Having read this article and then rewatching the vid on a larger monitor instead of a tablet I realized that there is a production line for 5 variants with the 181 & 191 versions being 60% in size as compared to the original. Though I still speculate that most production efforts and resources are going towards the 3 larger variants with the smaller predecessors acting as test beds. With the Jahesh, the 171 is already more potent than ever.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom