What's new

Iranian Space program

Long range Ballistic missiles? Hypersonic glide vehicles? Submarines? Supersonic cruise missiles?

The only area that Turkey is ahead of Iran is airforce with its TFX program.

Everything else Turkey builds is based off a foreign design with a large % of Foreign parts. Even TFX is being built with American engines and using foreign supplied 3D laser printer for titanium building of airframe.
Not only supersonic CMs but subsonic CMs as well. Iran is also ahead when it comes to SAM systems and ground-based radars. TSK follows NATO's air-force-centric doctrine while Iran takes a missile and air-defense-centric approach.

Long range Ballistic missiles? Hypersonic glide vehicles? Submarines? Supersonic cruise missiles?

Everything else Turkey builds is based off a foreign design with a large % of Foreign parts. Even TFX is being built with American engines and using foreign supplied 3D laser printer for titanium building of airframe.
Sorry but not exactly true what you've written here. Anyways, clutch at straws if it helps you coping with the reality. I'm out. Bye.

Imagine coming here to brag about the Turkish space industry which is still yet to launch any satellite into orbit :lol: Back to your cave, torke khar
They have no nuclear industry , no space industry, assembly level industry in aviation and drone fields..but they have very large ego!!!.

Why being so defensive/antagonistic?

Btw, Iran hasnt unveiled any HGVs either. Fattah is more of a modified MARV than HGV, according to Pataramesh on Twitter. Also, no supersonic cruise missile has been tested by Iran so far, AFAIK (Supersonic in its entire flight path, not terminal velocity).

I have stated on this thread earlier but it is no secret that Iranian space program has been a bit of a letdown. I blame it on sanctions because no country can just do it on its own, you need cooperation and consultation from established space powers, where Iran is very limited. Hope Iranians are able to get that from Russians for Iran's ongoing support of Russian efforts in the Ukraine. I personally would feel elated if Iran successful develops a GEO capable rocket

Btw, Iran hasnt unveiled any HGVs either. Fattah is more of a modified MARV than HGV, according to Pataramesh on Twitter.

The hell is a “modified” MARV?

MARV is merely a re-entry warhead that can do minor evasive maneuvers during re-entry phase, which Iran demonstrated years ago with Emad warhead for Shahab-3.

1694047616990.jpeg

Fattah changes course during its travel prior to re-entry. The travel period is when BM following traditional ballistic flight paths are most vulnerable to interception as they are flying a fixed trajectory. So this is not a MARV.

Clearly you don’t realize there are multiple types of HGV shapes, not all have to be DF-17 shaped. Some have more glide ability, but harder to control and less accurate since they lack control surfaces. So it’s a trade off mechanism. Fattah used a motor to produce lift rather than a pure wedge design.

Even US has followed the Iranian design for one of their proof of concept HGV projects.

Why being so defensive/antagonistic?

Btw, Iran hasnt unveiled any HGVs either. Fattah is more of a modified MARV than HGV, according to Pataramesh on Twitter.

Please provide proof for your claims that Fattah is not

- Hypersonic
- Does not glide

????

(Hint: Its burnout, Re-entry, and terminal phase velocity are all in the hypersonic domain and RV has to glide to gain this much KE)

I have stated on this thread earlier but it is no secret that Iranian space program has been a bit of a letdown.

You must be living under a rock or something.

Operational-space-launching-vehicles-slvs-of-iran

Only Country in the Muslim world to have active 3 staged Solid-Liquid TVC'ed SLV's delivery payloads in LEO. No other Muslim country has done that Iran has been doing it for 15 years now. If this is a letdown to you then other Islamic countries with no active launching vehicles even with their balls in US captivity must be living in cavemen age.

I blame it on sanctions because no country can just do it on its own, you need cooperation and consultation from established space powers, where Iran is very limited.

Leader of scientific R&D in the Islamic world and its not even a comparison.

https://pdf.defence.pk/threads/iranian-supremacy-in-scientific-r-d-in-the-islamic-world.739588/

Last edited:

Let me add something to this discussion:
Post 2010, We were happy that Sachin era from cricket is fading away and we will be quite comfortable against Indians now
But then during same time period,a young man,named Virar Kohli,just single handedly chased down 340+ runs in ODI against Quality Bowling of Sri Lanka when his other team-mates were just not standing a chance against SL.But He was beating the Lankans left and right.The confidence this chase brought for Indian Cricket team was huge.From thereafter,even avarage indian batters were just smashing everyone.To conclude,there started Kohli era in cricket.

Now lets come to point, Turkish drone industry is revolutionized by its private sector.The confidence this revolution has brought for them is huge.I fear they will just translate it into every other field like space, aerospace, Ballistic Missile Technology,Naval Ship Building Industry and even in civilian technologies.Confidence is all what private corporates need.And turkish Private corporates like Baykar,Siber Koza and Co now have this confidence.And you can see this in their weapon projects.

Iran may have great Drone industry.But there lies major problem,These drones are mostly developed by State Owned Companies.These people may get great success but they will never be able to translate that success into other fields.
On the other hand,a single success of a turkish Private company has Quadruple effects.
I know many members will give a Haha reaction to this but I think Some years down the line, Turkey will have a solid block of its own (that may include many countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh,Arabs,even Egyptians ,etc etc ) thanks to its rising Weapons Industry.

Post 2010, We were happy that Sachin era from cricket is fading away and we will be quite comfortable against Indians now
But then during same time period,a young man,named Virar Kohli,just single handedly chased down 340+ runs in ODI against Quality Bowling of Sri Lanka when his other team-mates were just not standing a chance against SL.But He was beating the Lankans left and right.The confidence this chase brought for Indian Cricket team was huge.From thereafter,even avarage indian batters were just smashing everyone.To conclude,there started Kohli era in cricket.
what on god's green earth does this have to do with the Iranian Space Program

wtf???

Iran may have great Drone industry.But there lies major problem,These drones are mostly developed by State Owned Companies.

Please provide evidence that "These drones are mostly developed by State Owned Companies"?

what on god's green earth does this have to do with the Iranian Space Program

Some Pakistanis are serious ball-lickers of Turks. Its funny.

Please provide evidence that "These drones are mostly developed by State Owned Companies"?
Can you prove otherwise?
S129 is manufactured by Shahed Aviation Industries
S149 is manufactured by HESA
Mohajer series drones are manufactured by Qods Aviation Industry.
All these companies are state owned enterprises.
Some Pakistanis are serious ball-lickers of Turks. Its funny.
I just explained the success secret of Turkish Defence Industry but your biased approach is hindering you from accepting the reality.
I already explained this.That part was to put my thoughts into proper context.The purpose was to highlight the significance of confidence & right Mind set that a single success can bring.

Can you prove otherwise?

Yes the parts come from private sector however and even high end universities. You seriously don’t think HESA and Shahed Aviation build every single part in house without the help of any 3rd party companies?

Keeping Iranian arms complex tied to the state keeps it from becoming a toxic behemoth like the US filled with cost overruns and delays. It doesn’t impact the ability to export in any way, in fact it expedites it since the approval for export is given by the government in advance.

Lastly Turkish drone industry hype has died down since the beginning of the war. The TB2 is no longer talked about as some fearsome drone after Russian air defenses came online and they got shot down in large numbers. With a price target of $2-6M it is not a cheap drone to lose . Even western media have commented on its largely recon far from front lines role now.

So you need to be in moderation.

Can you prove otherwise?

I just explained the success secret of Turkish Defence Industry but your biased approach is hindering you from accepting the reality.

I already explained this.That part was to put my thoughts into proper context.The purpose was to highlight the significance of confidence & right Mind set that a single success can bring.
No country on the planet has a private sector defense industry.

And, yes, I’m saying that absolutism without explanation to see whether you have a cursory understanding of the defense ‘sector’ or not.

Same goes with the space industry and other industries that do not have a mass market yet extremely important both financially and strategically.

Please provide proof for your claims that Fattah is not

- Hypersonic
- Does not glide

????

(Hint: Its burnout, Re-entry, and terminal phase velocity are all in the hypersonic domain and RV has to glide to gain this much KE)

You must be living under a rock or something.

Operational-space-launching-vehicles-slvs-of-iran

Only Country in the Muslim world to have active 3 staged Solid-Liquid TVC'ed SLV's delivery payloads in LEO. No other Muslim country has done that Iran has been doing it for 15 years now. If this is a letdown to you then other Islamic countries with no active launching vehicles even with their balls in US captivity must be living in cavemen age.

Leader of scientific R&D in the Islamic world and its not even a comparison.

https://pdf.defence.pk/threads/iranian-supremacy-in-scientific-r-d-in-the-islamic-world.739588/

Lol, again, whats with all the defensiveness? Nobody is attacking you or Iran here. But it is also a fact that Iranian space program has not fared as well as it was hoped. You dont even have to take my word for it, Iranians in this very thread have stated that over and over again (especially in regard to AIO's projects).

I will be happy when Iran places a satellite in GEO or successfully launches next generation of heavier SLVs, Inshallah. Hope that happens soon.

Not only supersonic CMs but subsonic CMs as well. Iran is also ahead when it comes to SAM systems and ground-based radars. TSK follows NATO's air-force-centric doctrine while Iran takes a missile and air-defense-centric approach.

Iran has not revealed any supersonic cruise missile yet

Back
Top Bottom