What's new

Iranian Space program

This year, this is one of the rare news that makes me lose patience.

Thanks for the good laugh. Also, for showing once again that you don't care about evidence and proofs.
You see, the problem is that when your optimism is blind and too much, it borderlines stupidity and foolishness.

Anyway, I'll soon be free and I will write a reply to Aryobarzan, whom I respect very much for his calm attitude and personality.
And no hard feelings with you either. I get that your heart is in the right place for Iran. I just don't like your attitude.

Brigadier General Salami said at a meeting of students participating in the Pure Islam course: "We were able to inject artificial intelligence technology into drones during the sanctions." So that the drone can fly more than 2000 kilometers from any desired point on this land or beyond and [destroy] any target at sea with one hundred percent accuracy, and not just all of it, we can target a specific point "We can show him a specific point on the ship and ask him and he will do it."

Looks like @Mr Iran Eye turned out to be right. Frankly, his analysis has tended to be revealing...he insisted a heavy fighter engine is being tested and Mr. Azarmehr spoke about it in an interview. Now General Salami himself speaks of AI in Iranian UAVs.

"We were able to inject artificial intelligence technology into drones during the sanctions." So that the drone can fly more than 2000 kilometers from any desired point on this land or beyond and [destroy] any target at sea with one hundred percent accuracy, and not just all of it, we can target a specific point "We can show him a specific point on the ship and ask him and he will do it."
NOT AI. That is image recognition. Been around many years. Even Persian Gulf missile had it. People like to lump it into “AI”, but it’s more primitive...basically data set recognition. The said Weapon compares its target to a internal target bank of images and determines if there is a match.

Also the user who you quote is talking about J-79 based heavy engine same one on F-4. He doesn’t have any inside secrets anymore than Yavar. The ones who knew a thing or two are gone. Don’t sit following Nostradmus-like sirens.

NOT AI. That is image recognition. Been around many years. Even Persian Gulf missile had it. People like to lump it into “AI”, but it’s more primitive...basically data set recognition. The said Weapon compares its target to a internal target bank of images and determines if there is a match.

Also the user who you quote is talking about J-79 based heavy engine same one on F-4. He doesn’t have any inside secrets anymore than Yavar. The ones who knew a thing or two are gone. Don’t sit following Nostradmus-like sirens.

I think Shahed-136 does involve AI because I remember seeing a Western infographic about how a launched swarm can automatically pick out targets depending on parameters an on-board computer picks up.

Brigadier General Salami said at a meeting of students participating in the Pure Islam course: "We were able to inject artificial intelligence technology into drones during the sanctions." So that the drone can fly more than 2000 kilometers from any desired point on this land or beyond and [destroy] any target at sea with one hundred percent accuracy, and not just all of it, we can target a specific point "We can show him a specific point on the ship and ask him and he will do it."

Looks like @Mr Iran Eye turned out to be right. Frankly, his analysis has tended to be revealing...he insisted a heavy fighter engine is being tested and Mr. Azarmehr spoke about it in an interview. Now General Salami himself speaks of AI in Iranian UAVs.
I’m confident Iran has made progress in the field of AI. Caution though, AI is not well defined. The aspect of ‘AI’ he’s referring to is image recognition specifically.

That is manifestly incorrect. Image recognition is part and parcel of AI. Even that has a spectrum of capabilities.

I’m confident Iran has made progress in the field of AI. Caution though, AI is not well defined. The aspect of ‘AI’ he’s referring to is image recognition specifically.

Personally, I believe the next development in Iranian AI will be quantum linking with other airborne platforms to create an information grid for the duration of the flight.

That is where the united states itself is currently headed and I see the Iranians progressing in the same direction.

Thanks to Ninja Persian for your good words! I said time would be right and I made my prediction list here yesterday.

My God, My God, My God !!!!!! Artificial intelligence in drones goes further than recognition of the image. The analyzes are more and more painful here. I am amazed at this simplistic argument. We do not make group attacks just by the recognition of odds and liaison with Kowsar are based on other things

I think Shahed-136 does involve AI because I remember seeing a Western infographic about how a launched swarm can automatically pick out targets depending on parameters an on-board computer picks up.

That is image/target recognition based on a provided images to the onboard computer storage. ATM also has image recognition. Your iPhone also has image recognition. You wouldn’t say these are AI powered in the sense we talk about AI.

Cruise missiles for decades avoided smashing into objects at low altitude due to the terrain mapping data embedded in their onboard computers. That doesn’t mean a cruise missile is AI powered.

That is image/target recognition based on a provided images to the onboard computer storage. ATM also has image recognition. Your iPhone also has image recognition. You wouldn’t say these are AI powered in the sense we talk about AI.

Cruise missiles for decades avoided smashing into objects at low altitude due to the terrain mapping data embedded in their onboard computers. That doesn’t mean a cruise missile is AI powered.
What I meant to say is that they use machine learning software to train and distinguish the various types of targets they've been trained to identify and respond to unexpected changes through information sharing.

This doesn't involve accessing an on-board library with pre-fed images to pick and choose from. Plus the platforms can also automatically decide how to conduct an operation taking into account ground conditions or weather parameters, map a flight path to evade anti-aircraft systems etc.

The Aramco attack bears all the hallmarks of those given it had to evade a tiered air defence network operated by the amerikwans.

What I meant to say is that they use machine learning software to train and distinguish the various types of targets they've been trained to identify and respond to unexpected changes through information sharing.

This doesn't involve accessing an on-board library with pre-fed images to pick and choose from.

I have talked to programmers built machine learning Algos, since I have needed such Algos before in my life. Machine learning is such a broad term that people get the wrong idea.

Image recognition is a basic form of machine learning. You provide enough data that the algo goes thru enough data it increases its ability to recognize said image. That way if the target during a mission doesn’t look EXACTLY like the image it doesn’t just abandon the mission because of slight discrepancy. It can learn to differentiate how the target would look under various conditions because of the large amount of data (images) it has “learned” from.

automatically decide how to conduct an operation taking into account ground conditions or weather parameters, map a flight path to evade anti-aircraft systems etc.

The Aramco attack bears all the hallmarks of those given it had to evade a tiered air defence network operated by the amerikwans.

You are incredibly naive if you think a 5K-10K one way drone can read radar emissions and adjust. The F-117 nighthawk could do what you said or the Global Hawk in more modern times.

The Armaco attack was a pre intelligence planned mission that understand gaps and radar emissions failure PRIOR to the attack taking place. The drones (and CMs) followed a pre determined route by IRGC taking into account the above and flew low enough to reduce the possibility of detection.

Even Ukraine was able to attack Belograd in Russian territory with a few MI-17 helicopters because it flew low enough and US shared Intel on emissions of Russian radars. Which included the S-400 btw.

What I am saying is these are not terminator-esque Skynet drones. Which is generally what we consider AI level drones. These current drones are running software that any data scientist could code. Fairly basic stuff. But being basic doesn’t mean it’s not effective. Iran’s lower cost of drones is what allows it to build so many. It fits with Iranian defense philosophy.

I have talked to programmers built machine learning Algos, since I have needed such Algos before in my life. Machine learning is such a broad term that people get the wrong idea.

Image recognition is a basic form of machine learning. You provide enough data that the algo goes thru enough data it increases its ability to recognize said image. That way if the target during a mission doesn’t look EXACTLY like the image it doesn’t just abandon the mission because of slight discrepancy. It can learn to differentiate how the target would look under various conditions because of the large amount of data (images) it has “learned” from.

You are incredibly naive if you think a 5K-10K one way drone can read radar emissions and adjust. The F-117 nighthawk could do what you said or the Global Hawk in more modern times.

The Armaco attack was a pre intelligence planned mission that understand gaps and radar emissions failure PRIOR to the attack taking place. The drones (and CMs) followed a pre determined route by IRGC taking into account the above and flew low enough to reduce the possibility of detection.

Even Ukraine was able to attack Belograd in Russian territory with a few MI-17 helicopters because it flew low enough and US shared Intel on emissions of Russian radars. Which included the S-400 btw.

What I am saying is these are not terminator-esque Skynet drones. Which is generally what we consider AI level drones. These current drones are running software that any data scientist could code. Fairly basic stuff. But being basic doesn’t mean it’s not effective. Iran’s lower cost of drones is what allows it to build so many. It fits with Iranian defense philosophy.
Your first two paragraphs define image recognition as AI, contrary to what you've claimed earlier.

Also, the F-117 used technology that was quite dated for the time as well as processors that went into production and use in the early 1990s. Modern systems have become more compact and are compatible even with a processor that went into circulation sometime in the late 2000s. Plus the Global Hawk fell prey in 2019 to a medium range air defence system despite having the capabilities to assess and conduct evasive maneuvers against such a threat.

Am I insinuating Iranian drones have some game-changing software installed that gives them a leading edge against competitors? No, but I certainly have my doubts if they're as limited as you believe them to be. Kowsar has been designed as a testbed for specifically data-linking with UAVs in order to share information and adaptability during flight missions which is impossible without AI.

Russia's space agency to launch Iranian satellite into orbit

Aug 3 (Reuters) - Russia will launch a satellite on behalf of Iran into space on Aug. 9, the Roscosmos space agency said on Wednesday.

The spacecraft, a remote sensing satellite called "Khayyam", will be sent into orbit by a Soyuz rocket, Roscosmos said.

MOSCOW. Aug 3 (Interfax) - An Iranian Earth remote sensing satellite will be launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on Tuesday, August 9, the Russia State Space Corporation Roscosmos said.

"The Soyuz-2.1b launch vehicle equipped with a Fregat upper stage is scheduled to take off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome to place the Qaem Earth remote sensing satellite into orbit for the Islamic Republic of Iran," Roscosmos said.

"Along with it, the Russian CubeSX-HSE-2, "Monitor-1", UTMN, CYCLOPS, Siren, "KAI-1", "Kuzbas-300", Skoltech-B1, Skoltech-B2, Polytech Universe-1, Polytech Universe-2, Vizard, "Geoscan-Edelweiss", MIET-AIS, ISOI, and ReshUCube small satellites will also be put into orbit," the corporation said.

The Iranian satellite has been developed and built by Roscosmos enterprises, it said.

Back
Top Bottom