What's new

Iranian Space program

Oh my fucking god....come on already with this crap.

WTF is going on man!?! How many failures is Iran going to have before it gets it right?

Well, at least the rocket went up and didn't catch on fire or explode or anything....

I said before, when it comes to these things, a launch is never a "failure" because they are learning from it. Main issue is lack of launches i.e lack of opportunity to learn. And yes blame goes to the Rouhani administration. Thanks to them, Iran lost almost 10 years in launches. Other aspects of the space program developed such as underlying technologies etc.

I said before, when it comes to these things, a launch if never a "failure" because they are learning from it. Main issue is lack of launches i.e lack of opportunity to learn. And yes blame goes to the Rouhani administration. Thanks to them, Iran lost almost 10 years in launches. Other aspects of the space program developed such as underlying technologies etc.

Let's pray it gets better overtime.

Manage your expectations people, this is space industry and the fact that there is any activity at all in this economy should be a cause for celebration. No failure goes to waste, just takes time.

its a bummer yes! Political and economic failure, yes! But not an engineering failure! There are no failures in engineering as @arashkamangir so eloquently put it. Only learning opportunity!

we could cancel all efforts in order to save face but then we will not advance! I can only wish they ramp up the launches now so we can increase design iterations in order to catch all possible engineering problems.

Iran will succeed, it’s only a matter of time!

Edit:

I said before, when it comes to these things, a launch is never a "failure" because they are learning from it. Main issue is lack of launches i.e lack of opportunity to learn. And yes blame goes to the Rouhani administration. Thanks to them, Iran lost almost 10 years in launches. Other aspects of the space program developed such as underlying technologies etc.

missed your post! Completely right!

Let's pray it gets better overtime.

They 100% will. And when Iran does end up launching in greater numbers and in greater success rates, people will barely remember these "early days" when Iran's space program was going through its teething process. Also remember, no nations gets to a 100% success rate with space programs. Even Russians and Americans have unsuccessful launches. It's just the way space programs are. They're inherently very vulnerable to these things. Consistency is very hard to achieve in this sector. So lets give Iran major praise for actually trying to crack this extremely difficult sector. How many others nations have even tried to launch satellites? 8? 9?

I just want to see Iran's space program become insulated form politics. Let it develop without hindering it.

Upper stage sucks

If the upper stage cant boost 113kg satellite to the necessary speed how can it boost 250kg satellites it was originally designed for?

Can't argue with that! If Iran's Space Program wasn't tampered with by the Rohani administration or if it was at least put under IRGC or MOD control they would have resolved the 2nd stage issue and had multiple successful sat launches with that 1st stage booster by now.....
From what I've seen so far the nozzles on that 2nd stage is far too small for a sufficant thrust vaccum engine to be able to achieve orbial velocity.....

Can't argue with that! If Iran's Space Program wasn't tampered with by the Rohani administration or if it was at least put under IRGC or MOD control they would have resolved the 2nd stage issue and had multiple successful sat launches with that 1st stage booster by now.....
From what I've seen so far the nozzles on that 2nd stage is far too small for a sufficant thrust vaccum engine to be able to achieve orbial velocity.....

I don’t think it has anything to do with Rouhani. I am not saying he is competent but it is not related to him. It never was.
The launches/budget/decisions are all beyond the caliber of Rouhani. It always was.

I hope whoever who rushed this launch without resolving the persisting issue is fired.

The upper stage not performing up to spec is a recurring issue. I am betting not enough time was spent in fixing the damn problems.

It's not about when they launched because if they had no plans on building a more capable 2nd stage it was going to fail regardless of when!

I don’t think it has anything to do with Rouhani. I am not saying he is competent but it is not related to him. It never was.
The launches/budget/decisions are all beyond the caliber of Rouhani. It always was.

No! It was the Rohani administration that broke up Iran's space program and restructured it into a bunch of smaller units under the communication ministry and it was again the Rohani administration who cut the budget for Iran's space program severely restricting the number of launches.... and this is the end result! So yea it is completely his doing!

Oh my fucking god....come on already with this crap.

WTF is going on man!?! How many failures is Iran going to have before it gets it right?

Well, at least the rocket went up and didn't catch on fire or explode or anything....

This is the end result of budget cut's and Rohani's retarded restructuring!!!!

No! It was the Rohani administration that broke up Iran's space program and restructured it into a bunch of smaller units under the communication ministry and it was again the Rohani administration who cut the budget for Iran's space program severely restricting the number of launches.... and this is the end result! So yea it is completely his doing!

This is the end result of budget cut's and Rohani's retarded restructuring!!!!

I think what ever has happened and is happening is nezam’s decision.

If Khamenei let Rouhani take over the space program and cut the budget (which I again reject as a likely idea), then it is his fault to begin with. Rouhani is nobody.

Remember what Salehi said about ghalbe reactor araak. He talked to Khamenei himself.

Some people wanted to kill Salehi over that.
Once again I am not saying Rouhani is competent.

It's not about when they launched because if they had no plans on building a more capable 2nd stage it was going to fail regardless of when!

This may not be about redesigning a whole new upper stage but debugging the flaws. Consider a case in which due to temperature, fuel line gets frozen. In such scenario, the engine would not receive fuel to burn to accelerate the payload. In such scenario, there is a failure in design and/or failure in testing procedure to not replicate this. This is an example of course but it doesn't require redesign of the whole booster but redesign of subsystem.

Last edited:
I think what ever has happened and is happening is nezam’s decision.

If Khamenei let Rouhani take over the space program and cut the budget (which I again reject as a likely idea), then it is his fault to begin with. Rouhani is nobody.

Remember what Salehi said about ghalbe reactor araak. He talked to Khamenei himself.

Some people wanted to kill Salehi over that.
Once again I am not saying Rouhani is competent.

Someone going to him to get approval on a subject out of respect is NOT the same as Khamenei micro managing Iran!
Ahamid had and assigned his own budget and managed in his own way when it came to the space program just as Rohani managed in his own way and had his own budget.....

The idea that Iran Supreme Leader micro manages Iran is NOTHINIG but a western delusion.

قبل از ساختن موشک وی وان, مقامات المانی از تکرر خطاها خسته شده بودن و همه مهندسها رو جمع کردند برای توضیحات.

مسوول بخش مهندسی گفت ما در اغاز یک انقلاب مهندسی هستیم و صد هزار خطا لازم داریم. ما چن ده هزار خطا کردیم و روسها چند هزار تا و امریکایی ها هیچ خطایی نکردن.
ما از همه جلوییم.

تاریخ نشون داد درست میگفتن

Someone going to him to get approval on a subject out of respect is NOT the same as Khamenei micro managing Iran!
Ahamid had and assigned his own budget and managed in his own way when it came to the space program just as Rohani managed in his own way and had his own budget.....

The idea that Iran Supreme Leader micro manages Iran is NOTHINIG but a western delusion.

مسایل هسته ای و موشکی در کل بنیادی اند و اگر میخواست اینها رو به عهده سلیقه رییس جمهور بذاره که مملکت تعطیل بود.
میکرو منیجمنت حساب نمیشه اینها.

البته عصبانیت هم نداره و میدون بازه برای دوستانی که میتونن مهندس بهتری باشند.

Back
Top Bottom