What's new

Iranian Space program

My thoughts:

1. The only laser US has and what can do this is the 3 MW Laser ABL (Air Born Laser), fitted on a Boeing 747-400F flying 12 km high. For that this laser needs about 40-200+ (depends on the hull) seconds to burn through the hull. Me dont know how this project developed, but me think that the distance for that is at the moment about max 500 km through atmosphere at good wether and all - really all - circumstances are perfekt. If there are only some wett clouds in the way of the laser then the laser loose to much power. Also radar would detect this 747.

2. The picture provided by Trump is a computer generated picture based on a sat-picture with lower resolution.

Repairing started and site will be ready in a month ...

Confirmed: Safir-1-e-Nahid SLV Still Scheduled For Launch!

Iran shows undamaged satellite to reporters, refutes US claim of failed launch

Sat Aug 31, 2019

Iran has shown Nahid 1 (Venus 1) telecommunication satellite to journalists and photographers, refuting US President Donald Trump's claim of the spacecraft's failed launch.

Iranian Minister of Information and Communications Technology Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi took the reporters on Saturday morning to a space research center, where the domestically-made satellite was showcased undamaged.

Earlier in the day, Jahromi posted a picture of himself along with the telecommunication satellite, saying, "Me & Nahid 1 right now. Good Morning Donald Trump!"

EDRI7XSWkAE9xj3.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20190831130359/https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDRI7XSWkAE9xj3.jpg ; https://archive.fo/StvI3/be084c6e1683ec64d8b1bc5de42b0d2b7118ed74.jpg
1. Me & Nahid 1 right now. Good Morning Donald Trump!

It came one day after Trump posted on Twitter a black-and-white photo of what he claimed to be a "catastrophic accident" at the launchpad in a space center in Iran's northern Semnan Province, saying it involved Safir (ambassador) satellite-carrier rocket.

“The United States of America was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations for the Safir SLV Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran. I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One,” Trump said.

Some media reports said that the picture showed a third failed attempt by Tehran to lift a satellite into space.

Azari Jahromi, however, took to Twitter to reject the reports, saying, "Frankly, Nahid 1 is doing well, is in the laboratory, and reporters can come visit.”

Iran is expected to launch three satellites into orbit by the end of the year despite US warnings against the country's aerospace program.

The satellites include Nahid 1, which has Iran's first foldable solar panels, as well as Zafar and Pars 1 sensing satellites.

http://web.archive.org/web/20190831...31/604925/Iran-satellite-launch-Azari-Jahromi
http://archive.fo/sYE7k

hsa_thumb.gif

200w_d-gif.459351

:cool::smokin:8-)
cool_thumb.gif

Yes @arashkamangir , it's U.S PR. After the RQ-4 kill they did the same with cyber attack claims to safe face. Trump needs it to boost morale and lost credibility.
However if can still be sabotage on the ground and they were just somewhat happy to have a sat over the area to take a photo.
Trump wants to imply use of space based laser weapons or a stealth UAV.
So this tweet is primarily for the home front to boost morale, whether sabotage or not.
If things are not cleared on Iranian side, he at least hopes for a delay on Iranian missile testing, trying to figure out how "new U.S space weapons or super stealth drones managed to kick this off".

In total: there is always a risk if you allow talented but non-indoctrinated people to do critical tasks. This likely had not happened with less educated, less talented IRGC personal who can be fully trusted. This is a inherent problem of all issues however.
I think thesis what you should expect when a new startupish space program is put on suspension for so long. Lack of progress and achievements demoralized employees to the point that they either quit or just don't care as much as they should.

Keeping momentum is very important in any endeavor involving highly talented teams specially in the early stages. Something that unfortunately this government ignored to keep JCPOA alive.

I personally don't think it had anything to do with treason or lack of doctrine. It is simply a knife that needs to be sharpened again by putting more attention on it.

Sorry, did I wake you up?
shhhhhh good boy, go back to sleep and have more nice dreams, everything is ok, dollar is 1000 toman, JCPOA was shining sun, Zarif isn't negotiating on Iranian missiles and space rocket tests haven't been cancelled and aren't being done on our actual satellites!

If you think I fit in your stupid eslah talab/osoolgara narrative, think twice kid. There are too many idiots on both sides that I don't even want to associate myself with any of them.

Now this is interesting,according to this article its possible that the white area that we see in the center of the image of the launch pad from chumps tweet is actually from a smart phone flash,trumps own smart phone very likely,and that he took a pic of a classified briefing document just so he could make a stupid tweet,not only that but by releasing this pic he has not only provided enough evidence to work out which satellite was overhead exactly when the pic was taken,which pretty much confirms that the satellite in question IS a spysat[it was actually long suspected to be one].In addition by releasing this pic he has shown the resolution that the latest us spysats possess to all of the us strategic competitors and enemies......just so he could GLOAT!
Talk about about an own goal on chumps part.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...r&utm_term=desktop&referrer=twitter&r=US&IR=T
Trump may have revealed US military secrets by tweeting a photo to taunt Iran

Alex Lockie
Aug 31, 2019, 5:11 AM
5d696c2d2e22af470b5c6f24.jpg

• President Donald Trump looks to have shared a photograph of an intelligence briefing that could have exposed US military secrets to the world while taunting Iran over Twitter.
  • The image Trump shares appears lifted from an intelligence briefing and is much more high-resolution than anything commercial satellite image providers have produced.
  • At first blush, it looks like someone took a photo of this surveillance product with a smartphone, rather than being prepared by the intelligence community.
  • The Kennedy administration famously presented spy plane images showing Russian nuclear missiles in Cuba. But it would be highly unusual for a president to declassify an image captured by a non-public military asset to mock another country.
President Donald Trump looks to have shared a photograph of an intelligence briefing that could have exposed US military secrets to the world while taunting Iran over Twitter.

Iran on Thursday suffered a failure of a satellite launch vehicle that blew up on the ground. Immediately after the test, commercial satellites photographed the wreckage and sold the images to civilian analysts.

But on Friday, Trump shared an image that put the commercial satellite photography to shame. Trump’s photo looks like it was snapped from a large print out of a very detailed close up of the launch. The notations and presentation of the image suggests it likely comes from US intelligence services, possibly in a briefing for the president.

In releasing the high-res image, Trump noted Iran had suffered a “catastrophic accident,” adding: “I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One.”

Images shared on Wednesday were much more distant and less detailed.

So Trump’s photo revealed either that the US has fantastic satellite photography capabilities, far beyond what Iran, or even US civilians can get their hands on, or that the US had a drone close enough to take pictures.

However, the extreme angle of the picture makes it look like it wasn’t taken from space, but rather from an aircraft.

The launch took place at the Imam Khomeini Space Centre North West of Tehran. This location is more than 120 miles from Iran’s nearest border. If a drone took the photo, it was either flying over Iranian airspace undetected or somehow able to take a great picture from 120 miles away.

Both of those situations involving drone photography would be big news.

“I think I just got flexed on by the president,” David Schmerler, a leading expert on open source imagery analysis, told Business Insider of the image. Schmerler had spent hours the night before analysing the widely available pictures of the failed launch, but was blown away by the quality of Trump’s image.

“I’ve never seen anything like this before,” he said. “I know that [the US military has] amazing capabilities, but I don’t know what this is.”

Trump, as president, has the power to easily declassify photos and documents, such as the picture of Iran’s failed launch.

But the photo does not look like it was prepared by US intelligence agents. Instead, a camera flash can be seen on the surface of the image, which was most likely a printout. The image may also show the shadow of the photographer.

It would be highly unusual for a president to declassify an image captured by a non-public military asset to mock another country.

Business Insider has reached out to several open source image analysts to see what else this photo may tell us about the US’s activity in surveilling Iran and will update the post with any further revelations.

It’s not sabatoge. If US did sabatoge the launch they would not go and gloat about it.

This was another sign of Iranian incompetence.

I am not sure what they are doing, but it possible they are messing with the liquid fuel mixture. Such a thing is highly dangerous even in Normal situations by highly competented crews.

Iran’s Space Program has been in stagnation for 10 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom