What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

What’s intresting is supposedly Khalije Fars training ship superstructure has been laid to some extent.....yet no photos of it.

Not exactly easy hiding a 5000 ton ship. It’s not like Iran has that many shipyards in the PG area that are capable of building such a vessel. So even a satellite image should have emerged like with Solemani ship.

What’s intresting is supposedly Khalije Fars training ship superstructure has been laid to some extent.....yet no photos of it.

Not exactly easy hiding a 5000 ton ship. It’s not like Iran has that many shipyards in the PG area that are capable of building such a vessel. So even a satellite image should have emerged like with Solemani ship.
on September 14, 2021 user skyshadow posted this photo, which I think is the first block of the new training ship.
1631650350763-png.777912

here a free view satellite image, Bandar Abbas shipyard
Screenshot-2022-04-22-11-59-01-075-01.jpg

on September 14, 2021 user skyshadow posted this photo, which I think is the first block of the new training ship.
1631650350763-png.777912

here a free view satellite image, Bandar Abbas shipyard
Screenshot-2022-04-22-11-59-01-075-01.jpg

yes this rumored picture(s) I remember. But we have seen anything sense. The superstructure usually goes up relatively fast. It’s the other things that take so long on a warship.

Assuming project started in 2021 and a 4 year time table. We should see it complete in 2025.

yes this rumored picture(s) I remember. But we have seen anything sense. The superstructure usually goes up relatively fast. It’s the other things that take so long on a warship.

Assuming project started in 2021 and a 4 year time table. We should see it complete in 2025.
then certainly one of the two free dry docks is needed to be able to join the various prefabricated blocks, this will involve its total use and for a medium-long period totally dedicated to this ship.
therefore I think that the Iranian navy is currently trying to carry out as many maintenance operations on the fleet as possible and probably the completion of the works on the Kilo-class submarine which currently occupies one of the two dry docks is expected.

then certainly one of the two free dry docks is needed to be able to join the various prefabricated blocks, this will involve its total use and for a medium-long period totally dedicated to this ship.
therefore I think that the Iranian navy is currently trying to carry out as many maintenance operations on the fleet as possible and probably the completion of the works on the Kilo-class submarine which currently occupies one of the two dry docks is expected.

Is there any satellite images of the other pieces?

I have only seen that one piece.

But for building in... how many time?. That section has been there for months (according do Google Earth images), the pace of construction of Talaiyeh may be indicative about time needed to build so big warship. Two weeks ago Google Earth actualized the map and again no signals of finishing Talaiyeh is seen. And same for Damavand 2.

But for building in... how many time?. That section has been there for months (according do Google Earth images), the pace of construction of Talaiyeh may be indicative about time needed to build so big warship. Two weeks ago Google Earth actualized the map and again no signals of finishing Talaiyeh is seen. And same for Damavand 2.
In Iran, 1 year is basically 3 years for example.

I think Mr @sahureka2 has mentioned this before but one reason Iranian production seems sluggish is that Iran is one of the few countries on this planet that has to not only develop the hull (fuselage in case of aircraft)..but also has to build the propulsion...sensor suite and weapon suite and that is what adds to the production time..so 3 years per ship is not so bad...what is frustrating is that they give unrealistic dates for completion and then have to keep slipping the date...
Also the first ship of its kind like khalij fars obviously has the R&D element to it as well that may make it to 6 years or more.

as always, the satellite images for free viewing are not recent, however, observing the latest ones published, perhaps I will be wrong but it seems to identify that other structures have been built, they look like shaped sheets waiting to be assembled to make another block.
Screenshot-2022-04-24-14-02-17-163-3.jpg

There's photos of the Khalije-Fars destroyer under construction. The hull is not complete. Only blocks of it

There's photos of the Khalije-Fars destroyer under construction. The hull is not complete. Only blocks of it

To my knowledge only one block photo has been seen.

If we know how many blocks have been completed it would def help estimate how far along the project is

Back
Top Bottom