What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

from the photo I published unlike this one, I notice that instead of the satellite antenna is now positioned what looks like an optronic system, therefore it makes me think that what you have highlighted could be a new model of satellite antenna, but not I'm sure.
Hi,

I think it is ECM equipment very similar to those installed on Pakistany Navy.

This is probably the most ambitious naval project seen yet in Iran that is coming to life.

Theirs other 3d diagrams we've seen, but none have reached the construction stage so far.
IRGC needs at least 3 of this ship to protect its Roudaki FBS from aerial threats. Tasnim published a Satellite image showing the second ship of this class under construction.

I hope it would be more than just 3, to have a formidable airdefense system in the Sea of Oman.

IRGC needs at least 3 of this ship to protect its Roudaki FBS from aerial threats. Tasnim published a Satellite image showing the second ship of this class under construction.

I hope it would be more than just 3, to have a formidable airdefense system in the Sea of Oman.
I didn't see any ciws on tat and without it I doubt it will be able t protect roudaki

I didn't see any ciws on tat and without it I doubt it will be able t protect roudaki
Let's give the aerial threats a priority, plus its still under construction. They will surely arm it with anti cruise systems. Must wait and see.

Let's give the aerial threats a priority, plus its still under construction. They will surely arm it with anti cruise systems. Must wait and see.
if those vls are in fact 9th day , then they are of limited use against aircraft as they will probably have a 30-40km of range on other hand a missile like British Spear 3 have a range of 130km

Heres an image of the new israeli Dakar class submarines,note the stretched sail,likely for the carriage of cruise missiles.
FJlLVSNXIAAtP3b

This inspired me to imagine what an iranian kilo class submarine with cruise missiles mounted outside the pressure hull in a stretched sail could potentially look like.
kilo_stretched_sail.jpg

Not to mention that this would [theoretically] probably be the simplest way to equip the kilos with cruise missiles in vertical launch tubes,that did not involve cutting the boat in half and installing a new section.

Heres an image of the new israeli Dakar class submarines,note the stretched sail,likely for the carriage of cruise missiles.
FJlLVSNXIAAtP3b

This inspired me to imagine what an iranian kilo class submarine with cruise missiles mounted outside the pressure hull in a stretched sail could potentially look like.
View attachment 812132
Not to mention that this would [theoretically] probably be the simplest way to equip the kilos with cruise missiles in vertical launch tubes,that did not involve cutting the boat in half and installing a new section.
you need to understand what type and size of cruise missiles you want to use, otherwise it is not enough to lengthen the submarine's sail to contain missiles but also to use space inside the submarine hull like the Russian Golf I-II class or recently the Gorae from North Korea
https://i.ibb.co/WHWpdD4/629-a.jpg
However, it would be worth considering for the Iranian Kilo who are proyect 877 if it were possible to modify the torpedo tubes to launch cruise missiles as well, as is possible in the latest version of the Kilo that is the project 636.

you need to understand what type and size of cruise missiles you want to use, otherwise it is not enough to lengthen the submarine's sail to contain missiles but also to use space inside the submarine hull like the Russian Golf I-II class or recently the Gorae from North Korea
https://i.ibb.co/WHWpdD4/629-a.jpg
However, it would be worth considering for the Iranian Kilo who are proyect 877 if it were possible to modify the torpedo tubes to launch cruise missiles as well, as is possible in the latest version of the Kilo that is the project 636.
The big disadvantage with both the golf and gorae class boats was that they both required penetrations of the pressure hull in order to carry the missiles,and this is obviously less than desirable.
The big advantage of this proposal is that the cruise missiles would be carried outside of the pressure hull.The only other way of doing this would be cutting the boat in half and grafting in a whole new missile tube section,which is some very major reengineering.
In reality in order to house say the 6m long soumar,its large 2500km range and drop down turbofan makes the most sense for operating from a submerged naval platform,the missile compartment in the stretched sail would likely have to be raised by around 2.5m to allow for the full length of the missile and its booster.
The main disadvantage with torpedo tube launching of cruise missiles is that it requires the ejecting of the missile in a buoyant capsule and then launching it from that,tho with the new jask-2 it does appear that iran has mastered,and even improved upon,this system.

FJlLVSNXIAAtP3b

View attachment 812132
The easiest way would be launching them through torpedo tubes.
The best way is as soon as possible build that damned beesat

The main disadvantage with torpedo tube launching of cruise missiles is that it requires the ejecting of the missile in a buoyant capsule and then launching it from that,tho with the new jask-2 it does appear that iran has mastered,and even improved upon,this system.
You just need to encase the tail in a boyant tube and design an ejection mechanism to throw the missile out of the water. Something like a small cold launch system

Last edited:
I doubt that after spending so much in terms of time and resources to build these large boats,that the irgcn is just going to leave them without some form of ciw protection [like the irin]
Indeed we know that the shahid nazeri has been fitted with a remote operated 20mm gatling ciws for at least a few years now.[we can also see on top of the bridge,something under covers,which appears to be located in line with the ciws,possibly an integrated off mount optronic turret for targeting?]
Du6-8jpXgAA61Sv

So I think we will certainly see some form of 20-30mm ciws,tho I have my doubts that it will be the kamand,as the irin has not even managed to equip all of the moudge class with this system yet,which does makes me wonder if its basically built as one-off semi prototypes,with each example being slightly different to its predecessor,just like the moudge class boats themselves.

The best way is as soon as possible build that damned beesat
Considering that we have yet to see anymore of the fateh class being built,despite their obvious military value and superiority to the ghadir class.I`d say that at this point the besat is quite literally many years away from even commencing construction[sadly].

Glad to see a better radar on the Jameran, even though these radars are more than what the current vessels need, they will be needed for the future heavier ships fielding heavier fire power.
I wonder when the image with the radar was taken because I just looked at the Jameran pics from the recent joint exercises and there is no main radar at all in those pics.
Future vessels will use the Eagle eye aka Chesm Oghab radar

I doubt that after spending so much in terms of time and resources to build these large boats,that the irgcn is just going to leave them without some form of ciw protection [like the irin]
Indeed we know that the shahid nazeri has been fitted with a remote operated 20mm gatling ciws for at least a few years now.[we can also see on top of the bridge,something under covers,which appears to be located in line with the ciws,possibly an integrated off mount optronic turret for targeting?]
Du6-8jpXgAA61Sv

So I think we will certainly see some form of 20-30mm ciws,tho I have my doubts that it will be the kamand,as the irin has not even managed to equip all of the moudge class with this system yet,which does makes me wonder if its basically built as one-off semi prototypes,with each example being slightly different to its predecessor,just like the moudge class boats themselves.

Considering that we have yet to see anymore of the fateh class being built,despite their obvious military value and superiority to the ghadir class.I`d say that at this point the besat is quite literally many years away from even commencing construction[sadly].
There are a few Fateh and Besat submarines under construction

Attachments

• 20220131_161632.jpg
    20220131_161632.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 42
Du6-8jpXgAA61Sv

There are a few Fateh and Besat submarines under construction
Du6-8jpXgAA61Sv

Shahid Nazeri has a 23mm Asefeh not a 20mm gun. Shahid Soleimani will definitely have Kamand or some 35mm CIWS. The Alvand class frigates are or have received Kamand, the repaired Konarak will have a Kamand it seems, the Sahand has one, the Damavand-2 and Taftan will have one, etc

No way to tell with a computer drawing.

It has a helicopter pad and it’s length looks similar to Mowj series. The only difference is superstructure has been heavily modified which we see with current next gen Mowj series’ under development.

It’s possible they have taken the Mowj series and “stretched” it further out and made it basis of a heavier frigate.

But without nothing in that picture to compare size, it’s hard to tell.
I know this is a nearly 2 year old post, but I did the math and it's 160-170 meters long depending on the helicopter length. So it's Khalije-Fars. Also on the topic if Khalije Fars, I saw a satellite picture of work starting on the rest of destroyer

Back
Top Bottom