169181449.jpg

169181448.jpg

View attachment 791177
169181638.jpg

169181645.jpg

169181784.jpg

169181636.jpg

169181633.jpg

I wonder if they will test any new equipment out.

Can not understand why troops do not use Helmets...Hard headed !..bullets/shrapnel does not penetrate their heads!..
The type of steel helmets that most Iranian army units like regular infantry wear are are very heavy and uncomfortable and not well suited for Commando units that require greater speed and agility and the lighter helmets that they usually are seen with offer little protection from any kind of projectile or shrapnel and are nothing more than glorified skateboard helmets. Even modern Kevlar helmets are only good against pistol rounds and shrapnel and offer little resistance against rifle bullets at anything except long ranges where the bullet has lost speed and penetrating power. There is also a tradition in commando/SOP units such as "Kollah Sabzha" to wear berets in combat because that is how they were trained by there foreign instructors from back in the shah's days and they have kept that tradition. Not saying it is right but that is my take on it.

The IRGCN capturing of that tanker it is simply amazing. Well coordination, speed and unnecessary show of force made it very professional. Can´t wait to see those Soleimani class in action. Speed, armament and flexibility (helipad) makes them a truly boost inside the Persian Gulf. Bravo Zulú IRGCN!

The type of steel helmets that most Iranian army units like regular infantry wear are are very heavy and uncomfortable and not well suited for Commando units that require greater speed and agility and the lighter helmets that they usually are seen with offer little protection from any kind of projectile or shrapnel and are nothing more than glorified skateboard helmets. Even modern Kevlar helmets are only good against pistol rounds and shrapnel and offer little resistance against rifle bullets at anything except long ranges where the bullet has lost speed and penetrating power. There is also a tradition in commando/SOP units such as "Kollah Sabzha" to wear berets in combat because that is how they were trained by there foreign instructors from back in the shah's days and they have kept that tradition. Not saying it is right but that is my take on it.
Iran has a copy of PASGT helmet that's replacing the M1, and some marines already have it

even if there is no CIWS Kamand on board, they have installed an otronic pointing system, this makes me think of its use for the 35 / 90mm GDM-A system
3950541 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom