What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

This photo is a surprise to me, the Damavand-2 has a propulsion on 4 shafts, instead of 2 like the Jamaran 76, Dena 75 and Sahand 74 have

Schermata-32.png

This photo is a surprise to me, the Damavand-2 has a propulsion on 4 shafts, instead of 2 like the Jamaran 76, Dena 75 and Sahand 74 have

Schermata-32.png
No surprise...They announced it way back when they started the D-2...One reason..D-1 engine quit at the storm before the accident...They decided it should never happen again due to frequent storms in Caspian sea..so they went for 4..

Now watch this interesting video

Subs of the world..

No surprise...They announced it way back when they started the D-2...One reason..D-1 engine quit at the storm before the accident...They decided it should never happen again due to frequent storms in Caspian sea..so they went for 4..

Now watch this interesting video

Subs of the world..

however, the Damavand 77 had 2 motors and 2 shafts, therefore both engine must have stopped, because with one operational probably the ship was saved.
Certainly having 4 engines and 4 shafts is important for the to increase safety of the ship, but it seems that on the Damavand-2 they have also added a transverse propeller in the bow and this will help a lot in maneuvers.
another point in favor of having 4 propellers instead of 2 is that on a ship of this size the 4 propellers will be smaller if compared with the same hull equipped with 2 propellers, therefore with less difficulty in navigating in shallow water

most probably abu Mahdi class, looks so small..what ever solemani class or mahdi
View attachment 789840
It seems completed, mast and radar installed, canister for anti-ship missiles and in the bow in the free part in front of the command superstructure you notice something not bulky and given the limited size of that area they may have installed a system similar to the one positioned on the first Shahid catamaran Nazeri a remotely operated Gatling

Dyzo9_hW0AAxkN-

Dyzo2A6XQAEaNck

request :
Is it 20mm or 23mm?

Didn’t Iran say the US hijacked the tanker and Iran took it back? I don’t see any US soldiers on the tanker?

Didn’t Iran say the US hijacked the tanker and Iran took it back? I don’t see any US soldiers on the tanker?
a few months ago US government confiscated Iran's tanker,it's said that this tanker(which is confiscated) has been shipping Iran's oil at that time.
And now Iran retaliate the US action.and somehow take back Iran's property.
this is what i heard in the news.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom