What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

FEPRwYMX0AYKzqK

New controllable pitch propeller system fitted to the Dena,tho why this wasnt retrofitted to the more modern sahand hull rather than the older style Dena,I honestly do not know.
This is where the irin seems to really fall down,as there often seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what hull gets what system.

Photo of Shahid Soleimani ship during maritime testing / 10 Aban 1400 Hormoz Island

FEOZGJhWQAEv_Ts
Looking at it one has to wonder just how much more antishp and land attack fire power it could carry if they deleted the helipad,even if it was just fitting angled launch canisters [slava style] rather than a vls.
All-in-all It looks like a pretty good design tho`,with quite a bit of potential,and it will be interesting to see what sort of sam/ciws capability it will get and whether there will be any commonality with the irins systems or whether the irgcn will go its own way.

FEPRwYMX0AYKzqK

New controllable pitch propeller system fitted to the Dena,tho why this wasnt retrofitted to the more modern sahand hull rather than the older style Dena,I honestly do not know.
This is where the irin seems to really fall down,as there often seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what hull gets what system.

Isn’t Sahand PG based and Dena Caspian based?

Probably Dena got it to prevent a Damavand scenario.

but the new Damavan in Bandar and Anzali has a propulsion on 4 propellers and not 2

The Mowj vessels were all test bed frigates each one is testing different tech or design changes. Iran’s navy ship building isn’t advanced enough to simulate changes ahead of time and their effects. So likely they have each Mowj test something out for future warships.

I imagine the Mowj building will slowly come to end. The ships are relatively underpowered and old design even with the improvements made to it. We have already seen what Iran plans to build in its place in the same class.

Overall, very slow ship building by Iran considering the first Mowj vessel was finished in 2008

Dena is P.Gulf based ship,if I remember corectly it was built in Shahid Darvishi shipyard ,I am not 100% sure for shipyard,but I am 100% sure it is P.Gulf based ship..anyway it is easy to check

Shouldn't "75" be Damavand or its Caspian replacement, as it was the original registration for the predecessor.

Shouldn't "75" be Damavand or its Caspian replacement, as it was the original registration for the predecessor.

Iran needs to beef up its Caspian footprint as Azeribajian and Russia and the energy reserves means Iran needs to be able to defend its interests. One Mowj vessel is not enough

:coffee:

TEHRAN – The naval unit of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy will be supplied with three new warships in the current Iranian year, which ends on March 20, 2022.

Speaking at a cultural ceremony in Tehran on Sunday, IRGC Navy chief Alireza Tangsiri said one of the warships will have the capability to launch missiles with a range of 300 kilometers.

Rear Admiral Tangsiri said the IRGC and the Defense Ministry are cooperatively building two advanced warships named after two martyrs, General Mohammad Nazeri and Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani.

The Nazeri warship will be 55-meters long and the Soleimani 65 meters, he explained.

Another military vessel is being built by a knowledge-based company, the commander said. The vessel, which is furnished with sea-to-air missiles with a range of 300 km, can carry helicopters and reach a velocity of 35 knots, Tasnim reported.

Last week, IRGC Commander Major General Hossein Salami said his forces have obtained modern naval technologies and they have managed to enhance the quality of combat vessels.

“The vessels that constitute the real nature of our tactic have strategic messages in the sea,” he noted, adding that the process of enhancing the IRGC’s capabilities is unstoppable.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom