What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

:coffee:

TEHRAN – The naval unit of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy will be supplied with three new warships in the current Iranian year, which ends on March 20, 2022.

Speaking at a cultural ceremony in Tehran on Sunday, IRGC Navy chief Alireza Tangsiri said one of the warships will have the capability to launch missiles with a range of 300 kilometers.

Rear Admiral Tangsiri said the IRGC and the Defense Ministry are cooperatively building two advanced warships named after two martyrs, General Mohammad Nazeri and Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani.

The Nazeri warship will be 55-meters long and the Soleimani 65 meters, he explained.

Another military vessel is being built by a knowledge-based company, the commander said. The vessel, which is furnished with sea-to-air missiles with a range of 300 km, can carry helicopters and reach a velocity of 35 knots, Tasnim reported.

Last week, IRGC Commander Major General Hossein Salami said his forces have obtained modern naval technologies and they have managed to enhance the quality of combat vessels.

“The vessels that constitute the real nature of our tactic have strategic messages in the sea,” he noted, adding that the process of enhancing the IRGC’s capabilities is unstoppable.
I don't know Farsi, but the automatic translator translates differently

The commander of the IRGC navy announced that "three new vessels will be added to the force this year": the ships of Shahid Nazeri with a length of 55 meters and Haj Qasem Soleimani with a length of 65 meters by the Ministry of Defense and the IRGC and another vessel by Daneshbanian Company It is under construction, which has missiles with a range of 300 km and surface-to-air with the ability to carry helicopters and has a speed of 35 knots

فرمانده نیروی دریایی سپاه با اعلام این خبر که "امسال سه شناور جدید به این نیرو اضافه می‌شود"، عنوان کرد: ناو‌های شهید ناظری به‌طول 55 متر و حاج قاسم سلیمانی به‌طول 65 متر توسط وزارت دفاع و سپاه و یک شناور دیگر هم توسط شرکتی دانش‌بنیان در حال ساخت است که دارای موشک‌هایی با برد 300 کیلومتر و سطح به هوا با قابلیت حمل بالگرد و دارای سرعتی معادل 35 نات هستند.

.therefore if the translation is correct, this additional ship will have anti-ship missiles with a range of 300 km, and anti-aircraft missiles.

I don't know Farsi, but the automatic translator translates differently

The commander of the IRGC navy announced that "three new vessels will be added to the force this year": the ships of Shahid Nazeri with a length of 55 meters and Haj Qasem Soleimani with a length of 65 meters by the Ministry of Defense and the IRGC and another vessel by Daneshbanian Company It is under construction, which has missiles with a range of 300 km and surface-to-air with the ability to carry helicopters and has a speed of 35 knots

فرمانده نیروی دریایی سپاه با اعلام این خبر که "امسال سه شناور جدید به این نیرو اضافه می‌شود"، عنوان کرد: ناو‌های شهید ناظری به‌طول 55 متر و حاج قاسم سلیمانی به‌طول 65 متر توسط وزارت دفاع و سپاه و یک شناور دیگر هم توسط شرکتی دانش‌بنیان در حال ساخت است که دارای موشک‌هایی با برد 300 کیلومتر و سطح به هوا با قابلیت حمل بالگرد و دارای سرعتی معادل 35 نات هستند.

.therefore if the translation is correct, this additional ship will have anti-ship missiles with a range of 300 km, and anti-aircraft missiles.
I took the article from Tehran times which is in English original: It says........ "300 km sea-to- air missile"

Farsi text says ......"surface-to-air missile" qalifying the 300km missile he was talking about..

In my view ..Tehran times is more accurate here is the link.

Last edited:
It says that it has missiles with a range of 300 km and surface to air missiles. It does not say the surface to air missiles have a range of 300km.

However, even Tasmin in English indicates that they are anti-aircraft missiles with a range of 300 km, which will be the exact version, the one in English or the one in Farsi !?
I am still of the idea that missiles with a range of 300 km will be anti-ship, it would seem strange to me to install anti-aircraft missiles with a range of 300 km, these would be large, therefore with few missiles available on board which would limit the defense of the ship.

However, even Tasmin in English indicates that they are anti-aircraft missiles with a range of 300 km, which will be the exact version, the one in English or the one in Farsi !?
I am still of the idea that missiles with a range of 300 km will be anti-ship, it would seem strange to me to install anti-aircraft missiles with a range of 300 km, these would be large, therefore with few missiles available on board which would limit the defense of the ship.
Indeed,we`d be looking at very large missiles,likely a 2 stage system.
I also think its far more likely that they`re referring to anti-ship missiles.

An interesting info about capturing 10 US marines back in 2016, as you know the female marine was awarded the bravery medal because supposedly she responded quickly and pressed the help button! according to general Tangsiri, none of them noticed IRGC boats are approaching them, not until last moment, as if they were blinded by a spiritual force. another interesting fact is that the machine gun on IRGC boat had no magazine!

اسارت کماندوهای ارتش آمریکا با دوشکای بدون خشاب به روایت فرمانده ندسا

As I read it today in "Mashregh" it say the construction of the "Beasat" sub will start soon...

امیر ایرانی با تاکید بر اینکه امروز با تهدیداتی که برای کشتیرانی ما وجود داشته مقابله کرده ایم و امنیت کاروانهای تجاری ما صد در صد تامین شده است، تصریح کرد: در حوزه ساخت زیردریایی‌ها مشغول فعالیت هستیم که دو کلاس آن به راحتی ساخته می ‌شود و در اختیار همرزمان ما قرار می‌گیرد. یک کلاس زیردریایی سنگین هم در دست طراحی داریم که زیردریایی بعثت نام دارد و کار ساخت آن به زودی شروع می شود.

As I read it today in "Mashregh" it say the construction of the "Beasat" sub will start soon...

امیر ایرانی با تاکید بر اینکه امروز با تهدیداتی که برای کشتیرانی ما وجود داشته مقابله کرده ایم و امنیت کاروانهای تجاری ما صد در صد تامین شده است، تصریح کرد: در حوزه ساخت زیردریایی‌ها مشغول فعالیت هستیم که دو کلاس آن به راحتی ساخته می ‌شود و در اختیار همرزمان ما قرار می‌گیرد. یک کلاس زیردریایی سنگین هم در دست طراحی داریم که زیردریایی بعثت نام دارد و کار ساخت آن به زودی شروع می شود.

as for the new naval unit with 300 km missiles, the translation from the English version differs from that in Farsi

as for the new naval unit with 300 km missiles, the translation from the English version differs from that in Farsi
One report says it will be unveiled and the other says construction will start...both texts in farsi

My interpertaion is that the high level and critical design phase has been done and they will soon cut the steel for the actual build...but I could be wrong and be surprised with an actual sub in the drydock...lol

yes it seems like the reporter got it wrong

An interesting info about capturing 10 US marines back in 2016, as you know the female marine was awarded the bravery medal because supposedly she responded quickly and pressed the help button! according to general Tangsiri, none of them noticed IRGC boats are approaching them, not until last moment, as if they were blinded by a spiritual force. another interesting fact is that the machine gun on IRGC boat had no magazine!

اسارت کماندوهای ارتش آمریکا با دوشکای بدون خشاب به روایت فرمانده ندسا
Because God was assisting his blessed forces. Thats why they were blinded. Nobody can defeat Iran.

Because God was assisting his blessed forces. Thats why they were blinded. Nobody can defeat Iran.
which magazine , the magazine was probably on the ground and they didn't put the chain of bullet in it
1024px-SSG_R8B7698-1200.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom