What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I forgot Sabehat was the commando one for special ops and I saw a newer version a few years back in one of these forums (Ithink imf) and it was light years ahead of its predecessor.

I am always impressed by the ingenuity of the IRGC. This ship apparently cost around $2.5 million, just look how cost effectively they get their jobs done. A dozen or so of such ships, backed by other naval vessels will be a great start to the IRGC's stated goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.

I am always impressed by the ingenuity of the IRGC. This ship apparently cost around $2.5 million, just look how cost effectively they get their jobs done. A dozen or so of such ships, backed by other naval vessels will be a great start to the IRGC's stated goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.

Is this some sort of replenishment ship?

Is this some sort of replenishment ship?

Think of them as a small floating naval base. They added cruise missile, air defence, and even fast boats to it. This will not be the first of such ships, that's for sure. This is all part of the IRGC's goal of having a permanent base in the Indian Ocean.

shhhhhhhhhhh do not tell anyone but this babe is carrying some highly classified cargo to Venezuela :wave:🤫

loaded with more then +1000 containers on her way to Venezuela

1606331847074.png

IRGC Navy testbed vessel

Brother Yavar, what do you mean by it being a testbed vessel? Do you mean to say that it is a multi-purpose vessel? But isn't it suppose to be the second intelligence ship by the IRGC Navy? Now if this vessel is a testbed, then what is Khalije Fars training ship for?

That's what I was thinking before, it would be very difficult to match that price if it were built from scratch in side the country, though in long term, Iran should copy and modify and do so in house because it being cheaper from abroad is not an acceptable excuse in a resistance/war economy.

Brother Yavar, what do you mean by it being a testbed vessel? Do you mean to say that it is a multi-purpose vessel? But isn't it suppose to be the second intelligence ship by the IRGC Navy? Now if this vessel is a testbed, then what is Khalije Fars training ship for?
This vessel firstly is mostly for international arms shipping so since we do not need to transfer arms illegally and now we can export with this vessel which can defend itself from been inspection since we do not need to transfer arms illegally and now we can export arms and no one can stop one so this vessel is pretty much in need

Also developed sea base ,I mean ocean base Weapons so we be sure of our weapons will be all weather proven

Last edited:
Yes,it has enormous potential with the right refit.
For instance if the lifeboats were relocated to the rear of the ship and the bridge wings moved to the front of the bridge block,there would be plenty of space for the mounting of 2 vls units on either side of the bridge block.There would be plenty of room on top of the bridge for mounting either a rotating 2 faced janus type radar array comprised of 2 3rd of khordad antennas or perhaps a 3 or 4 faced fixed array mounted on a solid mast,one could also look at installing the optronic raad system on the mast as a back up tracking and engagement system as well,plus the tracking and fire controls for the sub sonic antiship cruise missiles.
In addition one could easily fit between 4-6 ciws units in the bow,amidships and on top of the bridge,tho the exhaust stack on the starboard side would need to be lowered to ensure that the ciws unit on that side of the bridge would have a clear field of fire.Another possibility would be mounting one of the automated fajr-27 76mm naval main gun turrets in the bow as well especially if it was capable of firing basir type laser guided shells
Fitting of an aircraft elevator would also make good sense as it would greatly simplify the handling of aircraft and other vehicles and equipment.
Another possibility would be the fitting of a permanent telescoping hanger on the top deck,perhaps next to the entrance ramp,as this would allow the full time stationing of aircraft on the top deck for greater ease of operations.
Other options would be the fitting of smaller auxiliary doors and ramps cut into the main vehicle loading ramp as this would allow much faster launching and recovery of smaller patrol craft rather than having to crane them over the side.Another option would be a small moon pool to allow covert docking with iranian submarines for refueling/resupplying and even exchanging fresh crews as well.
I think that they made a very good choice with the purchase of this craft as it has a staggering amount of potential considering the extremely cheap price paid for it.
Hopefully we will see at least some of this huge potential realised,as I think that if anyone can do it its the irgc.

Back
Top Bottom