What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

i really do not know if it's bad or not.
Heres the USS Belknap after a fire that resulted from a collision with the aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy
USS_Belknap_collision_damage.jpg

The fire was so severe that the ships aluminium superstructure collapsed from the heat.
Another problem with aluminium in naval vessels was a tendency for cracks and stress fractures to develop,this lead the us to return to all steel built ships for the arleigh burke class destroyers.
The british stopped using aluminium after a nasty fire on board HMS Amazon in 1977.

What’s the difference between iran qader/ghadir anti ship missile and Turkish Atmaca? If someone can help.

What’s the difference between iran qader/ghadir anti ship missile and Turkish Atmaca? If someone can help.

Turk Atmaca is based on Harpoon Block II

Qader is built up on Noor missile which was based on C-802.

Which one is better? Or they are similar?

Tough to say. Neither has been tested in combat. I’m not sure what improvements Turkish military made with Atmaca. Everything is theoretical, but should be in line with other sea skimming missiles. The key to sea skimming missile is being low so that the curvature of the Earth hides you till the last possible moment when naval AD systems turn on and have just a few mins to counter you.

I will say that a C-802 used by Hezbollah hit the Israeli frigate in 2006. Ghadir improves upon the C-802 with better seeker and range.

the difference is that Ghadr is fully Iranian made, while Turks import all of their parts including the engines from France....and now France wont sell them new engines.

Yea.... the Torks have been pretending that they are now making their own mini jet engine for missiles..... but like everything else they say, its a lie.
KTJ 3200 mini-jet engine is a Pratt and Whitney engine that is a "joint project" with Kale co. Of Turkey. The Torks do not have the ability to make car engines, never mind the complex super alloys for a jet engine. (Something Iran did over 20 yeras ago in the Tolu 4 engine).

The Torks used to pretend that they make F 16 jets too..... untill it was revealed that the joint venture was nothing but an assembley plant that they had paied billions for.

Read below article on joint cooperation with P&W.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom