What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

so if that's any evidence then we know Iran mines are circle

ifmat-Iran-Regime-uses-Limpet-Mines.jpg

im afraid you maybe right on the money

Does the video you posted imply US troop were there measuring the dimensions of unexploded mine before IRGC allegedly removed it?

Because what is an AA gun going to do on choppy water in the middle of the Gulf? Shoot at a destroyer? A helicopter?

It’s really kind of stupid. The kick of the AA gun is going make accuracy all over the place.
i'm not sure if it was this type of boats or others but as i remember due to their unique structural design, when you pass an specific speed the structure comes up and reduces contact with water and you fly over water. the guns are stabilized when the boats are moving fast.

Clumsy IRGC personnel. They were trying to glue this magnet mine but it was coming off in the broad day light. When somehow they managed to glue the mine soon after US navy showed up and took photos and measuring instruments to bring some rock solid evidence that IRGC was behind the attacks.

Clumsy IRGC personnel. They were trying to glue this magnet mine but it was coming off in the broad day light. When somehow they managed to glue the mine soon after US navy showed up and took photos and measuring instruments to bring some rock solid evidence that IRGC was behind the attacks.

Is this unironic?

legally speaking they did not bring anything that ties IRGC to the attack the only thing that these videos tell the International Court is that Iran or IRGC is helping the ship by removing a unexploded mine and that is if you can prove that what they took was a mine in the first place and then you have to link the mine to Iran or IRGC then you can have a rock solid evidence but as of now Iran can simply say we were helping them by removing a mine and that is enough to turn the page in Iran's side.

Clumsy is too kind, incompetent is the correct word! I think the U.S. has all the evidence they need, evidence that they will share with the whole world. I've been all over the web defending iran against this accusation and now I'm red faced. First, how stupid do you have to be to mine a Japanese ship when their PM was visiting iran, a PM that is very sympathetic to what Iran is going through??? How stupid do you have to be to use a piece of hardware that was not checked out a 1000 times before hand for a secret, highly covert mission? How stupid do you have to be to try and remove it with a U.S. ship nearby in broad daylight? How stupid do you have to be to leave a piece of it behind.....Ahhhh, i'm disgusted.

legally speaking they did not bring anything that ties IRGC to the attack the only thing that these videos tell the International Court is that Iran or IRGC is helping the ship by removing a unexploded mine and that is if you can prove that what they took was a mine in the first place and then you have to link the mine to Iran or IRGC then you can have a rock solid evidence but as of now Iran can simply say we were helping them by removing a mine and that is enough to turn the page in Iran's side.
If that's the case why haven't they said anything about the mine removal and accusations that the U.S. is leveling against the Iran? Why haven't they showed the mine and held news conference discussing it's origin? Come on brother, these guys are clowns. I'm so ashamed. :(

The limpet mine looks to be a non-Iranian design or at least they were careful to use non-Iranian equipment.
However as it should not have any evidence of US or Israeli manufacture, there probably won't be a nice PR presentation of it. Probably just a closed door presentation for the UN or so.

All of my stocks were in the red after the tanker incident in the Golf of Oman was announced. So it seems while sanctions are hurting the Iranian people, some form of an economic pain will be felt in the rest of the world provided incidents like this one continue.

But then it is possible Henry Kissinger and other kingpins (deep state figures) don't really care about it. Perhaps they want everyone to feel the pain so they achieve their goals.
Yes,I notice that the west doesnt really like to talk about that side of it,preferring instead to present it as a painless option for them.

Clumsy is too kind, incompetent is the correct word! I think the U.S. has all the evidence they need, evidence that they will share with the whole world. I've been all over the web defending iran against this accusation and now I'm red faced. First, how stupid do you have to be to mine a Japanese ship when their PM was visiting iran, a PM that is very sympathetic to what Iran is going through??? How stupid do you have to be to use a piece of hardware that was not checked out a 1000 times before hand for a secret, highly covert mission? How stupid do you have to be to try and remove it with a U.S. ship nearby in broad daylight? How stupid do you have to be to leave a piece of it behind.....Ahhhh, i'm disgusted.

If that's the case why haven't they said anything about the mine removal and accusations that the U.S. is leveling against the Iran? Why haven't they showed the mine and held news conference discussing it's origin? Come on brother, these guys are clowns. I'm so ashamed. :(
Read this:
https://www.newsweek.com/intelligen...-record-ginning-evidence-war-not-good-1444169

There is no clear answer about who really has done it. As you can see, experts don't believe it for good reasons.

However, I think it really doesn't matter who was it. Someone is trying really hard to start a war. It could be Iran, pushing Trump to a corner to either get concessions or react and start a war. Some think a war would be detrimental for Trump's chance of winning a second term. In that context, the clumsy move above makes sense: Iran wants US to know it was Iran.

On the other hand, some say a war time President will always get elected for the second term. So it may be Trump's administration trying to push Iran towards a war.

It is not that black and white. It is very complicated. But I'm sure both US and Iran know who did it.

and again that is a wall in a lab not a moving tanker and a wet commando who had to use wet equipment to catch the ship and scale the wall while carrying the dismal weight of around 50kg of the mine (Iran limpet mine has around 42kg of explosives the rest of the mine also weight some) so if anybody put the mine at 4m above water he certainly did it at the port and you must ask the operator of the origin port about this

food for taught MQ-9 can carry AGM-114 , that missile have a 9kg warhead that detonate on contact with the tanker and that amount of explosive is perfect for the type of damage we see on the ship
Not only that but why on earth would they even bother going to all the trouble of climbing up the hull to place an explosive above the waterline?,the whole point of placing it below the waterline is that in addition to the potential flooding after the explosion,you also get much improved blast effect because of the incompressibility of the water.By placing the device up on the hull its effects are diminished.

Back
Top Bottom