What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

939044_510.jpg

939046_979.jpg

939049_173.jpg

939053_831.jpg

939054_543.jpg

What is the general naval situation like in the Caspian Sea? Im guessing Russia has the largest fleet but what are the sizes of the Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Kazakh fleets? Just curious to know how this new frigate fits into the general picture. Congrats btw.

Because. ....
1. To target Exocet, which has inertial guidance and terminal radar homing, you don't necessarily need to have the attacking aircraft paint the target with radar.
2. The pilot fired the first Exocet missile from a range of 22.5 nautical miles (41.7 km), and the second from 15.5 nautical miles (28.7 km), just about the time Stark issued a standard warning by radio. (So, they were aware of the aircraft)
3. The frigate did not detect the missiles with radar; warning was given by the lookout only moments before the missiles struck.

No weapons were fired in defense of Stark. Phalanx remained in standby mode, Mark 36 SRBOC countermeasures were not armed until seconds before the missile hit. The attacking Exocet missiles and Mirage aircraft were in a blindspot of the rear oriented STIR (Signaal tracking and illumination Radar, part of the MK92 Guided missile fire control system), and the rear oriented Oto Melara 6/62 compact naval gun, but in the clear for the WM-25 (aka MK 92 Combined Antenna System, primary search and tracking radar of the Mk 92 Guided Missile Fire Control System) and the Mk 13 Mod 4 single-arm launcher. The ship failed to maneuver to bring its Mk 75 and CIWS to bear before the first missile hit

Citing lapses in training requirements and lax procedures, the U.S. Navy's board of inquiry relieved Captain Brindel of command and recommended him for court martial along with Tactical Action Officer Lieutenant Basil E. Moncrief. Instead, Brindel and Moncrief received non-judicia punishment and letters of rteprimand. Both opted for early retirement, while XO LtCmdr Raymond Gajan Jr. was detached for cause and received a letter of admonition.

Points to HUMAN ERROR.

View attachment 200631

View attachment 200632
View attachment 200636
View attachment 200637

View attachment 200638
View attachment 200639

Interesting that they had to make a standard radio warning to an ally at the time. But doesn't the aircraft have to have fire control radar to know who its targeting before releasing the missile?

But your Govt. was responsible for the killing of 10 Indians,6Pakistanis and 13 UAE citizens who were all killed in that incident.So how do you or for that fact your Govt. justify their deaths as they were citizens of countries that were friendly or neutral to the U.S.A. at that time!Your "shameless" Govt. killed 10 of our citizens who had nothing to do with the U.S.-Iran hostilities and were only flying to Iran for business purposes:angry:.Instead of feeling sorry for the deaths of 274 innocent passengers you are bragging their deaths as a form of revenge against Iran.Man i didn't believe that you would stoop to such a low level:tsk:!!

Leave him alone,mate.He is nothing but a shameless person who is bragging of the deaths of 274 innocent passengers(including 10 of my compatriots) as a form of revenge against Iran.I am sure that the Supreme Lord will judge those "cowards" who shot down and killed all those innocent passengers at some point.

Bragging for their deaths in revenge? Please point that out? Where did I say it was awesome we shot down the passenger plane? No, I'm pointing out it was an accidental while the Iranians claim it was for revenge. Course they would have shot down many passenger planes already in revenge. Especially at the time while when there are tensions between the U.S. and Iran for many years.

View attachment 200641
View attachment 200642

From:http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/investigations/uss%20stark%20basic.pdf

View attachment 200643

View attachment 200646

View attachment 200647

See also http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/operation_and_plans/USS_Liberty_Pueblo_Stark/65rev.pdf

-·- ~ ...... .., ....
. . FORMAL INVESTIGATION INTO THE CIRCUMSTANCES
SURROUNDING THE ATTACK ON THE ..
USS STARK (FFG 31) ON 17. MAY 1987:' .
. ..
. .
. . .
.. . .
. ·.· ....
.. .. ทท- . . .. ทท-·--: ---· ------·-.--.-:--. --
VOLUME I
'
REPORT OF INVESTIGATION

F-14-IRIAF.jpg

The Aviationist » Iranian F-14 Tomcat fighter jets get a modern “splinter” color scheme

Indeed, we have 'no idea'... This is a 2013 report of the CURRENT upgrade. The discussion was about F-14 at the time of the Vincennes incident (3 July 1988). At that time, just barely around 25 aircraft were operational despite the US embargo: the Iranian had difficulty enough just to keep them flying, let alone modify them. It is possible to use it as bomber, but priiorities were on air defence.
Grumman F-14 Tomcat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the 1980s, Iran Outfitted F-14s as Heavy Bombers — War Is Boring — Medium

NOTHING NEW here. SSKs have been succesful against carrier groups in exercises for decades....

Did you know about the new cruise missile Iran just showed off? It was originally meant for air to surface. They modified it for surface to surface? Did you know? So in reality we had no idea.

What is the general naval situation like in the Caspian Sea? Im guessing Russia has the largest fleet but what are the sizes of the Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Kazakh fleets? Just curious to know how this new frigate fits into the general picture. Congrats btw.
Tnx , Iran's fleet is only second to Russia in terms of size and tech .

Azerbaijan is the third and the others don't have a formidable force in caspian sea .

Bragging for their deaths in revenge? Please point that out? Where did I say it was awesome we shot down the passenger plane? No, I'm pointing out it was an accidental while the Iranians claim it was for revenge. Course they would have shot down many passenger planes already in revenge. Especially at the time while when there are tensions between the U.S. and Iran for many years.
Just take a look at your own logic :

"it was not intentional , or else we would have shot down many others too " :crazy:

Looking great with a bit of stealth features. How mamy Iran has planned of the type/class? Also what are the future frigate/destroyer projects? @haman10
well , if i'm not wrong (@SOHEIL) there are 5-6 others being constructed at the same time right now . they'll be from the same "Mouj" class with some modifications . Sahand and others will have some stealth capabilities .

@SOHEIL can talk about the next frigate projects , but from what i understand IRIN has extensive programs on future platforms as commanders are not 100% satisfied with the amount of space they have for installing Equipments on Mouj class . Besides iran plans to convert Sayyad-2 AD systems for naval use which will take more space . and Iranian CIWS which will also take some space .

well , if i'm not wrong (@SOHEIL) there are 6-7 others being constructed at the same time right now . they'll be from the same "Mouj" class with some modifications . Sahand and others will have some stealth capabilities .

@SOHEIL can talk about the next frigate projects , but from what i understand IRIN has extensive programs on future platforms as commanders are not 100% satisfied with the amount of space they have for installing Equipments on Mouj class . Besides iran plans to convert Sayyad-2 AD systems for naval use which will take more space . and Iranian CIWS which will also take some space .
Share weapons details of this Frigate ?

When we can expect first Iranian warships upgraded with VLS (Vertical Launch Systems)?
Definitely not in Mouj class .

Future platforms are a different case though

Share weapons details of this Frigate ?
4x - 8x Qader medium to long range AShMs . there are 2 launchers each holding 2 missiles - in war time situation , this can be expanded to 2 launcher each with 4 missiles . this measure is to reduce the maintenance costs

Qader (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 x 76mm Fajr naval gun

1 x 40 mm Fath-40 AAA

2 x 23 mm cannons

2 triple 324 mm torpedoes

2 × Mehrab (RE SM-1 AD system) or Raad AD system

Raad (air defense system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 x Bell 214 Anti Submarine Warfare helicopter.

well , if i'm not wrong (@SOHEIL) there are 5-6 others being constructed at the same time right now . they'll be from the same "Mouj" class with some modifications . Sahand and others will have some stealth capabilities .

Thanks. I just checked and found that there are 7 frigates planned and of which some will be upgrades of previous ones like Sahand and onwards? Anyway good to see that you guys are just doing great with warships.

some will be upgrades of previous ones like Sahand and onwards?
All of them are upgrades to the previous ones .

Jamaran is the first one , Damavand is the 2nd .

damavand has higher cruise speed and maneuvering capabilities than Jamaran . it also incorporates more advanced EW suits .

But sahand has some stealth capabilities too .
Anyway good to see that you guys are just doing great with warships.
Tnx bro :)

Everyone (Iranian military enthusiasts) praises the IRIN as the most effective and self-reliant iranian force in face of sanctions and financial hardships

They have succeeded in building indigenous Subs , frigates , missile ships , AShMs , AShBMs , .....

Back
Top Bottom