What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

no way that is alot bigger

No way to tell with a computer drawing.

It has a helicopter pad and it’s length looks similar to Mowj series. The only difference is superstructure has been heavily modified which we see with current next gen Mowj series’ under development.

It’s possible they have taken the Mowj series and “stretched” it further out and made it basis of a heavier frigate.

But without nothing in that picture to compare size, it’s hard to tell.

Also another reason pointing to a smaller ship is look at the armaments placed on the ship. It is lacking an area for VLS and I don’t see many missile systems. Still using cannons.

If this was truly a large destroyer or even a cruiser you would see alot of firepower on that ship and a dedicated area for VLS in the superstructure like Iran’s other unveiled Next gen destroyer

It seems to be able to accommodate a heavy helicopter, above the hangar it looks like a 76mm Fajr-27 and in the bow a turret with a medium gun. 127mm or 130mm

ca3ebb6b83c3e83be223f6e532b5d05eo.jpg

It seems to be able to accommodate a heavy helicopter, above the hangar it looks like a 76mm Fajr-27 and in the bow a turret with a medium gun. 127mm or 130mm

ca3ebb6b83c3e83be223f6e532b5d05eo.jpg

Where is space for VLS in superstructure?

Where is space for Naval SAM?

Last edited:
Assuming it is a ship under construction, It could be the final version of the Loghman training warship.

Iran’s Navy to be equipped with long-ranged cruise missiles

"According to Khanzadi, Iran’s longest-range cruise missile called Martyr Abu-Mahdi with a range of 1000 km will be delivered to the Navy in the near future. He further noted that designing supersonic missiles is a priority for Iran’s Armed Forces."

Iran’s Navy to be equipped with long-ranged cruise missiles

"According to Khanzadi, Iran’s longest-range cruise missile called Martyr Abu-Mahdi with a range of 1000 km will be delivered to the Navy in the near future. He further noted that designing supersonic missiles is a priority for Iran’s Armed Forces."

ground force will receive Talaeyeh cruise missiles too, 1300 KM

ground force will receive Talaeyeh cruise missiles too, 1300 KM

I think next step for these long range cruise missiles is to develop a low RCS body. Today the only thing remaining of the original KH-55 is the shell, everything else from seekers to engine is Iranian. Normally the outer shells are not changed much unless the function dictates, but I think going forward we will see low RCS designs like these:

1598224939038.png

I am very impressed with the 1000km range of our antiship cruise missile. It is not getting as much attention as it deserves.

I think next step for these long range cruise missiles is to develop a low RCS body. Today the only thing remaining of the original KH-55 is the shell, everything else from seekers to engine is Iranian. Normally the outer shells are not changed much unless the function dictates, but I think going forward we will see low RCS designs like these:

View attachment 663420

I am very impressed with the 1000km range of our antiship cruise missile. It is not getting as much attention as it deserves.

really despondent of the small attention Iran missiles get agreed , but for 1000 km L RCS we have mobin cruise missile family to work on.

1598226964628.png

View attachment 663420

A simple upgrade to reduce the frontal signature of irans kh-55 derived designs would be the chined or beluga style nose.
CeH2b.jpg

My own personal favorite in the dedicated low rcs cruise missile design would be the AGM-129.I think configurations like this should certainly be considered for irans next generation of ground,air and ship launched land attack and antiship cruise missiles.
message-editor%2F1575490677977-62624ccac.jpg

For those who are interested theres a good piece on the development of this weapon and its interesting features below
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31286/the-saga-of-the-agm-129-cruise-missile-that-was-basically-a-stealth-jet-designed-upside-down

really despondent of the small attention Iran missiles get
Oh I`ve no doubt that irans missiles get a great deal of attention in all the right places,ie the western,zionist and arab capitals.In fact I`d pretty much garauntee that they get all the attention they deserve plus more besides.Sadly tho its just that when it comes to the media,well then the instructions seem to be to either rubbish or downplay iranian weapons and their capabilities,or if that is not possible to just pretend that they dont even really exist.:no:

Back
Top Bottom