What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Regarding the news we had few weeks ago that Iran is developing supersonic AshMs using turbofan engine, there are some other supersonic missiles out there that are jet engined powered. For example, the soviet P-500 Bazalt uses a turbojet engine and it could reach mach 2.5. Therefore it is possible to have such Ashm missile using such propulsion.

P-500:

msl_ssm_p500_v1.jpg

Now it remains to be seen whether the Iranian systems will be fully turbofan or they will go for a dual turbofan/solid fuel systems to reach longer ranges. We also know Iran is working on Ramjet systems. God willing we will hear news regarding Iranian hypersonic scramjet systems too in the near future.

i really hope they integrate bavar to the new ships, that way they will be a real shield against US carriers. just imagine the navy with ships like negin, dena and safineh and IRGCN with FAC with 3rd khordad on them...damn man.

God willing brother. I am very excited regarding the future of Iranian naval forces. Even just focusing on the projects we have heard about until today we should be excited, but more good news are coming, I am certain of it.

it looks very promising. From a manufacturing perspective they have certainly leapfrogged from original 60s copycat early mowj class. Shiraz and refurbished Damavand2 are 50 years ahead in terms of design and subSystems implemented. Will be exciting to see the finished product.

the "Shiraz frigate"

sMKcZPo.jpg
However if I am correct then it looks like it has gone through quite a bit of modifications on the superstructure since 2017. That could explain the delays...

it looks very promising. From a manufacturing perspective they have certainly leapfrogged from original 60s copycat early mowj class. Shiraz and refurbished Damavand2 are 50 years ahead in terms of design and subSystems implemented. Will be exciting to see the finished product.

However if I am correct then it looks like it has gone through quite a bit of modifications on the superstructure since 2017. That could explain the delays...
I think the Navy is waiting for eagle eyes radar bro
And its reason of that delays

Yes,theres almost nothing of the original Alvand classes dna left in the latest designs.I cant wait to see what they look like completed,hopefully along with the eagle eye aesa radar we`ll also see a new dedicated naval sam system and the matching vls to house its interceptors in,as well as a compliment of antiship and land attack cruise and ballistic missiles too.

Back
Top Bottom